IGNORED

Putter engraving

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so does anyone know of people that engrave putters? I am looking to put a line where this dot is and was wondering of a reputable company to do it http://www.scottycameron.com/putters...del.aspx?id=14 thnks

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

you should send it to Kevin Colbert at www.putterplating.com . He can do anything to your putter! engrave it, change the paint, change the finish, get rid of any dents, scrathes etc i recently sent a pretty banged up scotty to him and it looks brand new and i got it re-finished, engraved and painted for $75. I got a sightline and a flag engraved on it, so yours would be less if your only wanting a line done. You should email im for a quote.

In my :mizuno: Staff Bag
Driver: :ping: i15 S-flex USTMamiya Tour Red
Fairway: :titleist: 909F2 15.5 X-flex UST Proforce V2 85
Hybrid: :mizuno: MP-FliHi 21* S300 +2 deg, +1/2"
Irons: :mizuno: MP-67 4-PW DG S300 +2 deg, +1/2"

Wedges: :vokey: Spin Milled 52.08 56.08 60.04

Putter: :cameron: Newport Beach customised by Kevin Colbert

Ball: :callaway: HX Black

GPS: :skycaddie: SGX

No doubt about it, Kevin is the man. Below is my putter which came in a few days ago from Kevin Colbert of www.putterplating.com I had the Rife Antigua stainless high polished, V line engraved, red paint fill, UST frequency filtered shaft, Iomic midsize (black), thinned the lip a bit so I can more easily scoop the ball up, etc.. He did an awesome job by the way. Top shelf service and communication leading up to and during the process. Can't recommend him highly enough. These are just some quick iPhone pics and don't do the work he did justice...

Below is a review from the "Review" section of the forum. Around Oct 2007...

http://thesandtrap.com/clubs/colbert_putter_plating

When sending in the putter, do you send them the entire putter or just the head? I know they have to pull the shaft to work on the head so am curious if they send it back completely installed or just the head.

That black oxide finish in all matte looks pretty awesome. Thanks !!

In my SX76 StaDry
Woods: G15 9.0° BB Stiff, G10 14°
Hybrids: i15 20°, Rapture 24°
Irons: AP2 5-PW
Wedges: SM Vokey 51°, 56°, 60° Putter: Circa '62 No. 2 (Gun Metal Blue) Ball: ProV1

i would send it to the link posted above...some friends have gotten their putters back and showed me pictures of them
he CAN do almost anything u want...and it's much cheaper than the scotty custom shop

I sent in my whole putter, but sending the head alone would be fine I am sure. Email Kevin if you have any concerns. Super nice guy and he is good about keeping in touch.

i only sent the head, becuase it was much cheaper for me to send the small box over to the states. he doesnt mind either way. He is a great guy though, very helpful and always keeps in touch. Good time of year to get it done too, when your not playing as much

Ok so here's my another question: I hav been looking at this putter(the 001)(the concept seems amazing) http://www.golftoimpress.com/wp-cont...ser-putter.jpg and i was wondering if your guys ho have had it done think he could make a sight line over the dot? Also for those who had ONLY engraving done how long did it take for you to get your putter back?

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

yeah im pretty sure he could. he would probably just fill in the sight dot and then engrave a sight line instead. i mean the man can do pretty much anything to a putter!

I think he quotes up to 4 weeks for only engraving, but it depends on how busy he is.
he may have quite a few putters at this time of year...people wanting their putters done in time for the season starting

Email Kevin for the turn around time. Depends on how busy he is I suspect. I had a new UST shaft put in, head refinished, engraved V line on top, red paint fill, lip ground down, etc.. and I got my putter back in 3.5 weeks. That counts the day I sent it to the day I got it back. Email Kevin and tell him what you want done and ask how long it will take.

• 4 years later...
I've been looking into this recently and I think I'll be going with Colbert. Just waiting on a quote. Thanks!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Note: This thread is 3726 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!