IGNORED

Tiger Woods 2010 for the Wii

gloomis29
Note: This thread is 5139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone else get this game yet? Received it for christmas and I'm addicted already, probably because its so damn cold here in Ohio and it makes me just want to golf for real so bad!

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Got my wife a Wii sport and fit for Christmas, and just had to get the TW game for me (I didn't wrap it though...) :D

I've only managed to play it once so far, but I'm having trouble figuring out how I'm going to hold the controller. I'm worse with the game than I am in real life! Towards the end of the round, I just started swinging one handed and scored better, but that's not how I want to play the game.

How do you hold the controller?

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

I played it yesterday for the first time...I played with AK at pebble and shot a 78...for a first time player I thought I did pretty well..You should swing with 2 hands on the controller and try to mimic your actual swing. The sensor on the controller is pretty sensitive as to hiting a draw or fade...I wish I can score a 78 in real life at pebble...lol

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Soooooo much better than 2009. The putting isn't absolutely perfect, but it doesn't make me scream in rage anymore which is a good thing. I swing with both hands as close to a normal golf grip as I can get. It works great!

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Glad to see others are enjoying this as well! I swing with 2 hands just like a regular golf swing, I figure at worst it will get me used to swinging before I go play at Mrytle over spring break! Although my wife was yelling at me that I may wear a hole in our new carpet so I'll have to come up with a remedy for that! Actually what I do (laugh if you want) is put a golf ball on the ground, and take my normal stance/address and watch the ball, don't want to develop any bad habits on the real course, I have enough problems as it is! But the putting I do watch the screen so I get the right %.

:
Driver:  MachSpeed Black 10.5 Fukikura Motore Speeder shaft

1Hybrid: VR PRO 15* (replacing my 3wood with this) 

Hybrids:  Baffler 18*, DWS 20*, TWS 23*

5I-GW  Mx-19 

Wedges - 50.08/54.14/58.10 

Putter:iN Craz-e

Ball: Pro V1x or Callaway Tour i(z) 

Hi,

Do any of you use the plastic golf club accessory or do you just use the controller?

I'm thinking of attaching a plastic wii-club to a real shaft so I can have a more normal grip. But if I have to manipulate the controller buttons during the swing then that probably won't work.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Heh. I bought a four-pack of the little plastic/nerf wiimote golf club accessories on a super markdown at a discount store. I think they do absolutely nothing but give me the sense that there is a club-head I need to open and close through the swing, but I guess that is _something_. I like using them, but if they had cost me anything more than the $5.99 I paid for the lot of them, I wouldn't think it worthwhile.

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

I just got the Wii and Wii Fit for my wife for her birthday (SERIOUSLY! She wanted it more than I did!). We played until 1 in the morning the first day! Got hooked on the Challege games (Bowling strikes is cool, it adds one row to the back every shot, until you are going for 91 pins the last shot!).

We rented TW 08, that was the latest Blockbuster had at the time. What we didn't like about it is that you have to pass the remote back and forth. Does TW 2010 support two remotes?

Also, look at monoprice.com for all your accessories. I bought the component cables, a two-controller charger with two battery packs and a skin for the nunchuck and controller for $18.60 shipped. You can buy most of what you need from them.
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

I must say that I am addicted to the career modes. The Challenge feature is intense...as I have nearly thrown my controller across the room numerous times (wife really doesn't approve of such viloence, LOL) :D.

In my Grom stand bag:

V2 Rapture 9* with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blue stiff shaft
Launcher 15* 3 wood with Proforce V2 stiff shaft
18.5* 3DX 3+ Hybrid with Adila NV Hybrid 75 stiff shaft MX 200 3-PW with True Temper XP S300 stiff shaftsVokey Spin Milled 52.08Vokey Spin Milled 58.12 CX2 34 in

• 1 month later...
Does anyone else play this? If so, have they found out that swing plane = no effect? It seems like its only the clubface angle that affects ballfilight? Anyone else agree/disagree?

I'm interested in replies. I just got a Wii and I was thinking about grabbing one of the Tiger Woods 2009 or 2010 games. If there isn't much difference, I'll save the money and go 2009. If 2010 really is better, I'll spend the extra for the 2010.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

Get 2010. Better than 2009, and it's awesome. It's not going to give you swing feedback based on your swing plane, etc... (c'mon, its a video game! lol) but the clubhead position at impact determines if the ball gets drawn, hooked, pulled, sliced, faded or pushed. All the fun is actually being able to swing it like a real club lol

best score: St. Andrews I shot a 37

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

try tigerwoodsonline.ea.com

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Here's an idea how EA could add some spice to the game...

Anyone remember the 'Hot Coffee Mod' for GTA San Andreas?
Might also be good for TW 2010.

The more I think about it... lots of potential on the Wii

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

I got it just before christmas, and played it a couple of times. I can't putt for crap on that game, and pretty much quit playing it about a week after I got it.

Note: This thread is 5139 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!