IGNORED

Scratch Golf

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What are you gguys opinions on scratch golf? the clubs look great but are they worth the price? Also golftown in canada doesn't sell there clubs so where would i get them?

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

Great equipment, but waaaaay overpriced.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

They are supposed to be unreal. I have never hit them but I just ordered a wedge last week that should be here by this weekend. Can't wait, I've heard nothing but good things about Scratch golf. They might be the best looking irons out there right now.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I don't no much about there irons, but i bought there wedge. And I am hooked on it. Good looking club, checks up great, and the grooves haven't worn down any. I had a vokey and i retired it after buying this wedge.

taylormade.gifR11 Driver
taylormade.gif3wood
taylormade.gif5wood
ping.gif20 degree hybrid
titleist.gif 5-Wscratch.gif SWodyssey.gif putter Srixon balls

Best clubs I've ever hit. Worth EVERY penny!

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Great clubs but very much overpriced.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

The fact that you can get everything customized, finish, grinds, stamps, ferrules, shafts by the tour department is very special. Look on golfwrx.com, the CEO posts there, there are many threads/opinions on Scratch golf.

I've never hit one but a guy at my club has a 56 that he won for a closest to the pin. He said that it's a great wedge but he didn't think it was any better than other high end wedges on the market. I'm guessing that if you are into all the custom work they will do for you and you got the money it sounds like it could be worth a shot.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I Think the best of Scratch is the it offers many options for different needs. I have a 58* JLM SFU, and I use it for almost every shot around the green. I like the design of the club, very simple and clean, and the feedback is excellent.
Mine is not very forgiven, but I think Scratch has other models that are. The wedge is built with a very soft steel, which helps to the excellent sensation when hitting a ball, but the appearance of the club suffers; I bought mine about 6 months ago, but it looks like its been played for years.
I bought it relatively cheap in eBay directly from Scratch (I have the previous model), and I exchange a few emails with someone from Scratch (I can't remember his name); he helped me decide which club was better for me, and he even stamp my initials in the club for free.

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

Mine is not very forgiven, but I think Scratch has other models that are. The wedge is built with a very soft steel, which helps to the excellent sensation when hitting a ball, but the appearance of the club suffers; I bought mine about 6 months ago, but it looks like its been played for years..

I don't have any appearance problems with mine and I have a whole bag full of them. Depending on what you're looking at, the clubs will be made of 1018 carbon steel and forged (all of my Scratch clubs fit in this category) or 8620 carbon steel and cast. As halcon stated, in both options this is pretty soft steel.

The 8620 is the exact cast blend that most OEMs use (including Titleist Vokey wedges). Most OEMs use something a tad harder in the forgings though. For example, Titleist uses 1025 carbon steel. The blend is pretty similar and I've seen no difference in wear between my Scratch SB-1's and my Titleist ZM's or any of the countless other forged blades. I do notice a difference in the feel however. My Scratch irons/wedges are a bit softer than most blades. I have no idea however if this is due to the forging, type of carbon steel, some mental bug or just how I had this set of SB-1's built. Either way, the difference is there. It's nothing mind blowing but it is noticeable. I'm loving everyone of my Scratch clubs. Enough so that I continue to pimp them every time I get the chance. As far as ordering is concerned, I'd suggest that you either go to the source (they may have a list of dealers in your area that you can work with too). Alternatively, you could go through a Scratch dealer. Shoot me a PM if you want the name/email for the guy that I use. He does great work. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

What are you gguys opinions on scratch golf? the clubs look great but are they worth the price? Also golftown in canada doesn't sell there clubs so where would i get them?

Check out the Scratch golf website (in a post above). Other (larger) manufacturers offer Canadians hands on demoes and customization, but if you're interested in Scratch, you can likely get whatever clubs and/or set makeup you want remotely (email, telephone, etc).

Scratch makes beautiful irons, but I'm not sure they do any of their own forgings - I think they just get the heads from someone else, then do grinds and finishes (I could be completely wrong). Sometimes you're paying for the emblem on the back, but if they offer a grind you can't get anywhere else, go for it. I mean, some people will swear by Miura irons until the cows come home, but I'd be willing to bet a few of them have never actually hit irons with "Miura" stamped on them - likely a few of them are talking about iron heads that are stamped with Titleist, Taylormade, or MacGregor. Even more likely, they're still amazing irons that I'd love to game.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It is a new website and it is quite confusing IMO. I was under the impression that I could fully customize my wedges using their create your own club thing on their website. Now it says it is $350 to do that! I thought it was $100 or $110 for the cast wedges customized how you want, is that not the case now?

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

It is a new website and it is quite confusing IMO. I was under the impression that I could fully customize my wedges using their create your own club thing on their website. Now it says it is $350 to do that! I thought it was $100 or $110 for the cast wedges customized how you want, is that not the case now?

That's never been the case. A full custom wedge is what is known as a "Tour Department" or TD wedge. That's what I have. They cost a mint but they are handmade to your exact specifications in every way shape and form and are forged from 1018 carbon steel. If you want the comparable, $150 version (forged), look at the 1018 series. The cast version is the 8620 (head shape has some minor differences from the forged version).

Chances are you can get exactly what you want in either the 1018 or 8620 series, customized to your preferences. Give them a call for the exact details. The Tour Department wedges give you control over every aspect of the wedge design from the logo to the grooves to the finish to the stampings etc etc. Chance are you don't want/need this. My guess is, based on your post, that you want one of the "stock" grinds with some basic customizations (paint fill, stampings, swingweight, etc). You can do this (with-in reason) with the 1018 or 8620 series as well.

They look great on the website. If I had the coin, I think I would probably get a set from the tour dept. $2,500 isn't it? Pricey, but they hired that guy that was with McGregor for years to do the custom grind sets. So basically for $2,500 you get a set of irons made the same way they would make them for a tour player. You can get whatever loft spreads, lie, finish, grind, etc. you want or need. Guess I am drinking the Kool-aid, but if they catch on, I can't imagine that level of personal service being available forever.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 7 months later...
I gotta say, I LOVE my EZ-1 irons. Probably the best feeling forged GI club I've ever hit. I previously gamed the MX-200s which I really liked but Scratch kicked them right out of the bag. Are they worth $1000+ for a stock set (choosing from one of their three standard grind options)...I guess that depends upon how much you like them but for me they've been worth every penny. Converted me from my ho'ing ways (at least for irons - drivers are a COMPLETELY different story).

I've had 2 scratch 1018 wedges since March and I'm sold. They are the best feeling wedges I've ever played and well worth the extra cash vs. what you'd pay for a Vokey. I made the stupid mistake of buying a Vokey 60 degree because I didn't want to spend the extra $40 to get a Scratch and now I look for any excuse to hit the scratch 56 or 52 vs. the Vokey. Great clubs, so great I think I'm gonna buy another set of wedges just for spares pretty soon.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Best clubs I've ever hit. Worth EVERY penny!

Better than the Miuras?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better than the Miuras?

Check the date.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 3673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!