• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
keb

Tour players using the stack & tilt

9 posts in this topic

With Mike Weir and Aaron Baddeley moving away from stack and tilt, who are the top pros to watch who use the S & T?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Probably tops is Troy Matteson, though i have the feeling i'm missing someone obvious...

Awards and Achievements

Probably tops is Troy Matteson, though i have the feeling i'm missing someone obvious...

Is Charlie Wi obvious enough?

Is Charlie Wi obvious enough?

I guess, also Dean Wilson?

Awards and Achievements

There's a fairly long list of people, about 12-15+. Eric Axley, Tommy Armour III, Steve Elkington implements a lot of it, etc.

And then there are people who don't technically qualify but whose swings are awfully darn close like Tim Clark, Sean O'Hair, etc.

And even Mike Weir "left" Mike and Andy as his teacher(s) but he still employs very much an S&T; style move.

Awards and Achievements

Eric - What was the video you posted a while back with he interview with Mike and Andy? Charlie Ross or Rose? Something like that.

Anyway, he asked Mike and Andy about Aaron and Mike leaving them. Their response was something to the fact that they weren't willing to commit to working at it further. Not to mention there are all kinds of factors besides ball striking that play into player rankings.

I do find it funny when people point at Aaron leaving SnT and saying "See, it must not work then." People leave coaches for a variety of reasons. Because Tiger left Harmon, does that mean Harmon doesn't know what he's talking about?

I do find it funny when people point at Aaron leaving SnT and saying "See, it must not work then." People leave coaches for a variety of reasons. Because Tiger left Harmon, does that mean Harmon doesn't know what he's talking about?

In Butch's case, perhaps.

Heh heh heh. PGA Tour pros get rabbit ears. I'm fairly certain Mike and Andy might not have put so much favor on Baddeley if they knew he'd leave soon because, as I understand it, he never really did things the way they wanted anyway. They chose to showcase him over someone like Steve Elkington or one of their other pros because he had the most "name" recognition, but from what I understand, they were never happy with the way he was doing things. But he had improved dramatically under S&T; tutelage and had a name people knew, so he got the article everyone loves to quote.

Awards and Achievements

the guys on the tour that mike and andy practice the most with are charlie wi, troy matteson, alex cejka, bill lunde, jj henry, dean wilson, eric axley, garret willis, TAIII