• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spitz20

909 d2

11 posts in this topic

Anyone have experience with this driver? Im seriously thinking of picking one up, I have a 07 burner right now 10.5*, hitting it slighty high and would like to go all titliest...the 909 D2 im looking at is 9.5* diamana stiff

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

i would like to know as well. Im looking at that and the Comp version.

Anyone have experience with this driver? Im seriously thinking of picking one up, I have a 07 burner right now 10.5*, hitting it slighty high and would like to go all titliest...the 909 D2 im looking at is 9.5* diamana stiff

Uhh...

http://thesandtrap.com/clubs/titleis..._driver_review

Awards and Achievements

I hit the 909D2 recently and really, really liked it. I didn't like it enough to switch from my r9 460 TP, but it's right up there with the Ping i15 as the 3 best drivers out there right now, in my opinion.

As a point of reference, I played the 907D1 for awhile and loved it. I hit the 907D2 and hated it. Never hit the 909D2 or comp.

I have 909 D2 9.5* Diamana Regular that has been tipped 1/2". So it is like stiff but has 44-1/2" shaft. I chose to tip it after trying both the regular and stiff on a monitor.

I had 975D 7.5* stiff that I absolutely loved before I got the 909 D2, but I usually choked down about 1/2". Now I don't have to choke down on my 909 D2.

I think besides 975D, 909 D2 is one of the best drivers Titleist has made. I did not like 907 or 905 or 983's. I waited until I thought they finally got it right like the 975D's.

The 909D2 is on my short list of my favorite driver, but i have never actually taken it to a course, i've just hit it at the store.

Awards and Achievements

I recently put a 909D2 (see sig) in the bag...A guy from one of the mini tours here in Florida traded it in at my local EW and a guy I know there called me to take a look at it...it is a 9.5 with a Diamana White Board 83X shaft and it is 44 1/2 long. I took it out and hit it very well right away...I have no desire to work the ball and work on a straight to slight draw driver swing (S&T;) and this club woprked very well for me...now it was very cold (well at least for a Floridian) when I played this club the few times I did but I still got good disatnce and it seemed very easy to control...I recently had rotator cuff surgery so I only played with it a few times but I am excited to be able to hit balls with it in normal Florida weather...only problem is the doctor said it will probably be July befoire I can swing a driver....

These are sweet sticks. I hit one and liked it. Very nice feel/sound.

I ultimately opted for the DComp due to getting a bit more carry.

I have the d2 and it is brilliant. my normal ball flight is a mid to low shot which carries - yes a low shot that carries well over 260-270 yards .
really nice feel really nice sound, none of that hollow thwack u get from the callaway ft's and i personally find the r9's to sound a bit shrill, so for me other than the ping g15 and i15 , the best driver out there. :D

I have the 909 D2 9.5.  I got last year when my dad bought it hopes of replacing his TM R7superquad.  After a few times out he couldn't hit it as well as the R7 (lost distance and control).  SO he gave it to me to replace my old Titliest driver.  And boy was I glad he gave it to me when I first swung it.  The feel and sound is great I picked up 10 yards and the control is great.  While my dad was using the 909 i took his R7 cause I figured he would keep the 909.  I didn't like the way TM felt and my accuracy wasn't as good.  I would strongly recommend it if you like Titliest drivers.  I think it is one of their best yet.

Thats my opinion on it.  thanks

I would like to try out the 9.5 in a reg flex but it is not that easy to find.