IGNORED

909 d2

spitz20
Note: This thread is 4825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone have experience with this driver? Im seriously thinking of picking one up, I have a 07 burner right now 10.5*, hitting it slighty high and would like to go all titliest...the 909 D2 im looking at is 9.5* diamana stiff

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

• Administrator
Anyone have experience with this driver? Im seriously thinking of picking one up, I have a 07 burner right now 10.5*, hitting it slighty high and would like to go all titliest...the 909 D2 im looking at is 9.5* diamana stiff

Uhh...

http://thesandtrap.com/clubs/titleis..._driver_review

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hit the 909D2 recently and really, really liked it. I didn't like it enough to switch from my r9 460 TP, but it's right up there with the Ping i15 as the 3 best drivers out there right now, in my opinion.

As a point of reference, I played the 907D1 for awhile and loved it. I hit the 907D2 and hated it. Never hit the 909D2 or comp.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

I have 909 D2 9.5* Diamana Regular that has been tipped 1/2". So it is like stiff but has 44-1/2" shaft. I chose to tip it after trying both the regular and stiff on a monitor.

I had 975D 7.5* stiff that I absolutely loved before I got the 909 D2, but I usually choked down about 1/2". Now I don't have to choke down on my 909 D2.

I think besides 975D, 909 D2 is one of the best drivers Titleist has made. I did not like 907 or 905 or 983's. I waited until I thought they finally got it right like the 975D's.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The 909D2 is on my short list of my favorite driver, but i have never actually taken it to a course, i've just hit it at the store.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I recently put a 909D2 (see sig) in the bag...A guy from one of the mini tours here in Florida traded it in at my local EW and a guy I know there called me to take a look at it...it is a 9.5 with a Diamana White Board 83X shaft and it is 44 1/2 long. I took it out and hit it very well right away...I have no desire to work the ball and work on a straight to slight draw driver swing (S&T;) and this club woprked very well for me...now it was very cold (well at least for a Floridian) when I played this club the few times I did but I still got good disatnce and it seemed very easy to control...I recently had rotator cuff surgery so I only played with it a few times but I am excited to be able to hit balls with it in normal Florida weather...only problem is the doctor said it will probably be July befoire I can swing a driver....

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

These are sweet sticks. I hit one and liked it. Very nice feel/sound.

I ultimately opted for the DComp due to getting a bit more carry.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I have the d2 and it is brilliant. my normal ball flight is a mid to low shot which carries - yes a low shot that carries well over 260-270 yards .
really nice feel really nice sound, none of that hollow thwack u get from the callaway ft's and i personally find the r9's to sound a bit shrill, so for me other than the ping g15 and i15 , the best driver out there. :D

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

• 11 months later...

I have the 909 D2 9.5.  I got last year when my dad bought it hopes of replacing his TM R7superquad.  After a few times out he couldn't hit it as well as the R7 (lost distance and control).  SO he gave it to me to replace my old Titliest driver.  And boy was I glad he gave it to me when I first swung it.  The feel and sound is great I picked up 10 yards and the control is great.  While my dad was using the 909 i took his R7 cause I figured he would keep the 909.  I didn't like the way TM felt and my accuracy wasn't as good.  I would strongly recommend it if you like Titliest drivers.  I think it is one of their best yet.

Thats my opinion on it.  thanks

I would like to try out the 9.5 in a reg flex but it is not that easy to find.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Note: This thread is 4825 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!