IGNORED

evolvr is Coming - Online Swing Analysis

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Eric, do you have a website for your Golf Academy in Erie, PA?

http://thegolfevolution.com/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently started working with evolvr and have been very impressed with both how easy the site is to use and the quality of the feedback that Dave and his team are able to provide. I think its a no-brainer for anyone trying to improve within the S&T; framework.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 2 weeks later...
I have some questions for Eric and/or the Evolvr users.

While I'm a near-pathologically perfectionistic sort of person, I've come to terms with the fact that if nothing else, I simply cannot afford (Both in actual dollars and in time) to Be All I Can Be with regards to golf. I'm only about a year in, and despite managing a round or two a month between month or two layoffs for Life... I'm circling in on bogey. From what I've read, I'm already a bit in the S&T; camp just in how I've self-taught. I haven't found an instructor in my new (admittedly lower-population) area, and I'm wondering "Is Evolvr For Me?"

Counter to some concerns, I'm wondering if 1/week video lesson is too MUCH. My work and family schedules aren't going to permit the time I -want- to put into practice... Would I be better served with the occasional one-shot lesson? Or are there other options? Or is it something that just won't be that helpful without tons of practice?

(Granted, that's one thing I miss from San Antonio -- I had a range membership and practiced at least an hour a day, three or four when I didn't have other obligations. Nowadays? I'm lucky to get a range hour or a round in a week.... Though I still burn off an hour or so chipping and pitching in the yard. By "Yard", I mean, "Living room, until my wife makes it out here in July.")

Currently in my bag:Β  Under Revision

1 week is the minimum you can have between each video, but not maximum. You can upload one video a month if you like, the cost for a yearly subscription is still only $29 each month, that's nothing. A real life lesson cost what, $100 to $150? 3-4 of those lessons and you got a full year with 52 videos on Evolvr. Making a change in one week is rarely enough, so you won't be posting new videos every week.

I guess my point is that you shouldn't worry too much about having to post 4 videos a month. If you have precious little time to work on your game, it becomes harder to make changes, but like I said, 3-4 lessons vs 52 videos. The option is of course to not spend $350 on improving your game.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Yep, worthwhile and my online access to a S&T; teacher from where I am. Its completely flexible to your schedule - quit, if you have no time, subscribe when it gets lazy at work. Hey, you could even practice at home an shot videos.

• Administrator
I don't have much to add. If you envision posting 10 videos over the course of a year, the yearly fee works out to $35/lesson. That's pretty good, and the rates only get better as you add more videos.

Or sign up for a month at a time and quit (cancel) if you don't foresee uploading in the next 30 days. That works out to $40 a pop and if you get two videos in within three weeks or so, that's $20/lesson.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...
Is "evolvr" catching on? I've been reading the S&T; book and implementing elements of the swing with great results so far. Evolvr sounds like a excellent tool. Anyone have any feedback they would like to share? Also, if a person signs up on the monthly plan and decides to drop it when the winter non golfing monts come along, would there be another 40 dollar fee to get it started again? Thanks
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

Also, is it open to Canadian customers? I thought I recalled something somewhere about not being able to pay outside of the US. If so I think I may give it a try.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

Anybody, Bueller??
"The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote, 'A flute with no holes is not a flute. And a doughnut with no hole is a danish."

909 D3 Diamana Blueboard 63g
909 F2 3 Wood
MP-57's 4-pwIdea Pro 2 and 3 iron hybridsTour-W 52 deg wedge Tour-W 56 deg wedge2 Ball center shaft putterProV1

Not sure about the specifics of your winter month(s) question, but you can cancel at any time (from their FAQ section on the website)
I've been on evolvr for two months--happy with the feedback/analysis and turnaround time. Works really well for visual learners. I like the flexibility and convenience of recording/uploading a video compared to driving to an instructor. Overall, you'd be hard pressed to get the quality of instruction for the price.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2Β  AD333

• Administrator
Is "evolvr" catching on?

Sorry it took a few days. Dave and I are at the National Club Pro Championship. First time online in several days.

Yes, it's catching on. We have more customers than we thought we might at this point in time and we're pleased with the changes we're seeing in those students - they're all doing good work.
Also, if a person signs up on the monthly plan and decides to drop it when the winter non golfing monts come along, would there be another 40 dollar fee to get it started again?

Another $40 to start it again yes but your first month is free. You pay a dollar extra to start it up again...

Also, is it open to Canadian customers? I thought I recalled something somewhere about not being able to pay outside of the US. If so I think I may give it a try.

It's open to everyone. We have customers from all over the world.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• 2 years later...

Hope it's ok to bring this tread to live again ...

I'm looking to start with this as soon as the snow here melts and I can get out to play again and was wondering if you still offer the full year service? It's mentioned on your website but not available as an option on the sign up page? Thought I'd go ahead and sign up and have a look at the things available to members but if it's only the monthly pans I think I'll wait till I can actually get out and practice again.

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

• Administrator
Hope it's ok to bring this tread to live again ... I'm looking to start with this as soon as the snow here melts and I can get out to play again and was wondering if you still offer the full year service? It's mentioned on your website but not available as an option on the sign up page? Thought I'd go ahead and sign up and have a look at the things available to members but if it's only the monthly pans I think I'll wait till I can actually get out and practice again.

Yes, we get away with the yearly plan as most people did not like that one and would sometimes forget. That caused some problems when the plan auto renewed.

Erik,

I did this before under the monthly plan at the end of last year for a few months.Β  With no place to practice for the winter I had to cancel.Β  If I were to do the single lesson plan is it $79 to sign up and then an additional $79 for each lesson after that?

Nathan

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by cipher

I did this before under the monthly plan at the end of last year for a few months.Β  With no place to practice for the winter I had to cancel.Β  If I were to do the single lesson plan is it $79 to sign up and then an additional $79 for each lesson after that?

It's a one-time lesson. Granted you get a phone call follow-up but one lesson for $79 or up to four for $39?

Please don't choose the $79 option. :)

Haha, no I just thought it might be if it was $79 for the set up andΒ $40 for each lesson as you go, as my schedule is pretty busy.Β  You can't beat the monthly plan though.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

• 3 months later...

Not sure where to post this but is the evolvr website down atm? Been trying all morning but can't seem to log in but maybe it's just me doing something wrong?

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Note:Β This thread is 3212 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!