IGNORED

Golf Digest saved my marriage!

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, not really SAVED my marriage, because I couldn't be happier with my wife. However, the March 2010 issue of Golf Digest did make my marriage a little better this week. On page 69, there is a short article called "America's Top 50 Courses for Women". I was suprised to see my favorite local club, Heritage Hill, is #23 on their list. I jokingly showed her the article and said maybe she should go down there with me and check it out. Well, I came home from work today and what do I see? I pretty new pair of white and pink women's Footjoys and some brochures from the golf club about beginners lessons. I ALMOST shed a tear

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

hmmmmm, another shoe-buying opportunity then was it?

Only kidding. Excellent news. Don't mind me, I'm just jealous .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

LoL yeah you're probably right on the shoes. There must have been an open spot in the closet.

Your a lucky man, my wife doesnt play and I end up leaving her home alone a lot. She doesnt mind it, but i'd like to spend more time with her, my free time is spent on the course

She did swing the clubs today in the house, but I dont think she cares at all about playing the game.

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Comedy Gold.

What's in my Eagles & Birdies Bag:
taylormade.gif R9 SuperTri Stiff 10.5˚
mizuno.gif MX-700 15˚ 3W Stiff
mizuno.gif MX-700 20˚ & 23˚ Hybrid Stiff
mizuno.gif MP 52 4-PW Nippon 950 Stiffmizuno.gif MP - T 10 52˚/07˚ & 58˚/10˚ping.gif Redwood Anser 34"titleist.gif Pro V1x FJD   

Having a golfing wife has it's ups and downs. Mine started playing with me last summer (good), but then started thinking she should be with me every time I step foot on the course (bad).

Mine played her first ever round on a very soggy par 3 course yesterday. She seemed to enjoy it, but it makes her extremely nervous if there are others around that might see her!! We have a lot of work to do before she is ready for prime time. LOL

A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
In my bag:
Speedline driver
Speedline fairway woods
a3os hybrids GX922 irons (5-pw) Center Cut Classic SP3 Neo

Heritage Hills is awesome, I love that course.....where do you Louisville and Southern Indiana guys play at for the most part....I'm a Hidden Creek and Covered Bridge/Champions Pointe guy for the most part.
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

I can say I'm blessed with a golfer wife...we are both members of a local club and really enjoy the times we get to play together. She's still learning the game, which is really fun to see her rapidly improving and enjoying herself. I still enjoy the times I get to golf with my buddies, but I can't be more grateful to have a great golfing partner as my wife. I am happy for ya!!!

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Heritage Hills is awesome, I love that course.....where do you Louisville and Southern Indiana guys play at for the most part....I'm a Hidden Creek and Covered Bridge/Champions Pointe guy for the most part.

I live near Quail Chase so I play there and Heritage Hills a lot. But I try to get around to a lot of different courses. Old Capital, Covered Bridge, Champions Pointe, Chariots Run and Wooded View in Indiana. In KY I also play the Metro Parks courses, The Crossings and private courses like Lake Forest and Persimmon Ridge when I can get on.

Personally I don't understand the guys who say things like "I am blessed to have a golf playing wife"
No offence and each to their own but I am delighted my future wife doesn't play golf,I think every couple needs to have some separate hobbies and not do "everything" together.
She loves when I go play golf as it gives her time to herself and I feel the same,don't get me wrong we are madly in love and all that but I think its healthy to have "me" time and my "me" time is to go play golf

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Very nice surprise.
Enjoy the time together.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

My wife doesn't mind me playing...though I only play 2x a week at most so its not as bad as some of the folks in here :)...I wish I can play more but have to stay within my means...

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Note: This thread is 5171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!