IGNORED

different grips?

mazza78
Note: This thread is 5166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What grip do you use?

• Interlocking
    • Overlapping
    • Baseball

Hi guys and girls!!
im curious to see how people hold the golf club! Do you use,interlocking,baseball or overlapping? And why you prefer that over other options! Im 31 with medium sized hands and think interlocking grip works best but im wanting to hear everyones thoughts!!!

Thanks

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

I've used interlocking since I was young.
tiger woods uses a interlocking grip so if it's good enough for him it's good enough for me!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I use an overlapping grip. It's more comfortable than the others to me, and it helps keep my hands connected through the swing. I also shape the ball flight better with this grip since my hands feel more synchronized, which keeps me from getting fidgety.

I grew up using an overlapping grip. I found that every now and then my right pinky finger would slip off my left fingers and it would result in a bad shot, probably because I have stubby fingers. I switched to interlocking in the middle of last year and it just felt so natural, so I stuck with it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interlocking hurts my knuckles. Overlapper (vardon?) since 1988.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Interlocking....thats all I have ever known to do, overlapping just feels awkward to me.
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

I used a baseball grip for most of my life. Last year, I began to realize it was holding me back. I started to experiment, and the interlock felt much more natural at first, and I could even make a few swings and hit the ball with it, but I finally determined that the overlap was better for me. It took a long time, and a lot of effort, but I finally arrived at my current grip. It's also a very weak grip, which allows me to harness the extra "snap" at the bottom of the swing, and not hook the ball of the face of the earth.

Switched from a weak interlocking to a strong overlapping grip about a year ago per my instructor to give me a lot more accuracy and help hit a draw.
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

I used baseball grip for years up until two years ago. Switching to Interlocking improved my game by a huge amount.

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

Thanks guys for all the feedback! Im thinking of going to overlapping grip because i seem to strangle the club whilst using interlocking! Thinkit might be a case of trial and error!!

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

I'm really surprised 70% of the votes so far are interlocking. I always thought the overlap (vardon) grip was more common. I started when I was 7 with interlock and have just stuck with it over the years. When I goof around on the range with overlap, it feels like my hands are coming apart. Obviously any grip that is new/different feels weird though. I have a very strong interlock grip as well, but interestingly my overlap grip is neutral and maybe even slightly weak.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

I'm really surprised 70% of the votes so far are interlocking. I always thought the overlap (vardon) grip was more common. I started when I was 7 with interlock and have just stuck with it over the years. When I goof around on the range with overlap, it feels like my hands are coming apart. Obviously any grip that is new/different feels weird though. I have a very strong interlock grip as well, but interestingly my overlap grip is neutral and maybe even slightly weak.

When I switched from 10-finger to overlap, I considered interlock. I looked at a few golf magazines and most top players (at the time) were using overlap, but that was only a minor factor in my choice. Interlock made me focus on the grip too much - like my hands were taped together - like wearing shoes 1/2 a size too small that make your toes struggle for freedom. With a vardon grip, I focus on the golf club and the ball.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I used to use interlock, but switched many years ago to overlap. More comfortable and I feel like I release better through the ball.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interlocked grip...it too is more comfortable for me...

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Always used a Vardon grip, but I broke my pinky a few months ago and I didn't feel the same control anymore so I switched to an interlocking grip and it's been much better.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I use interlock for my full swings, I feel better connected to the club with it. I use a reverse overlap putting grip for pitching , greenside bunker shots and chipping. My instructor is trying to get me to stop doing that..but I wont. I do what i want!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!