IGNORED

Good ideas on cleaning golf shoes?

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone have any good tips on cleaning golf shoes? I don't clean mine after every round or anything. But if I'm playing in a tournament, it'd be nice if I could get them a little cleaner than they are now. I usually just use a wet rag.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

simple green and a scrub brush is what i use and it works fine for me
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Depends in part on the color. If you have white shoes, you might want to brush them after every round. They'll end up light tan by end of season.

If you have leather upper shoes and get nicks in them, you would want to fill in with shoe dye before you polish them. Occasional polish on leather uppers would help extend the waterproofing.

Also, if you're playing in tournaments (multi-day), you need at least second pair of shoes. If you don't rotate them and they're damp with yesterday's dew and sweat, the shoes wear out a lot faster. Plus, the day-old moisture isn't that good for your feet. If it's really damp, you can actually get mold in the leather if you don't dry out the shoes. But, you need to air dry them in a cool place - hot air makes the leather brittle.

If you pick up trash in the spikes, the best way to clean spikes is with an air gun - blow the stuff out of the crevices.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll throw 'em in the wash machine with a load of towels and let 'em dry on the register in the winter or set outside in the sun in the summer.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

If they're leather you can wash them as yo would dress shoes. If they're more sneaker-ish most sports stores (ie. Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods) have some products for this in their shoe dept.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks guys. I've got some sneaker shoes and some dressier shoes, so I'll probably try a little bit of everything yall said before I'm finished.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

If you have 'sneaker-style' shoes and wash them in the washer which, depending on the construction of the shoe, is generally okay - DON'T PUT THEM IN THE WASHER. Big mistake. Destroys the leather, the rubber, everything. Not good. A dryer is kind of bad for your clothing too, and that's why a lot of 'nice' clothes don't go in the dryer.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Anyone have any good tips on cleaning golf shoes? I don't clean mine after every round or anything. But if I'm playing in a tournament, it'd be nice if I could get them a little cleaner than they are now. I usually just use a wet rag.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders for white shoes

In mySasquatch bag:
07 Burner 9.5°
Hibore XLS 3 & 5 woods
735 CM 4-pw
52°, 56°, 60° G2i Craz-e C

Soft brush and warm water is all I use.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 5163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!