IGNORED

Could #1 Syracuse beat the New Jersey Nets?

onthehunt526
Note: This thread is 5117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Could Number 1 Syracuse beat the New Jersey Nets?

• Yes
    • No

Simple yes or no... The Syracuse Orange as many of you may know by now are 27-2 and number 1 in the Nation...

Easy one for you guys... do you think the best team in college basketball (Syracuse) could beat the lowly 6-53 New Jersey Nets... under NBA rules (minus defensive three seconds, which i think is the dumbest rule in NBA history if your gonna let them play zone let them play zone).

I'll start this off New Jersey has a little bit of talent they beat my Celtics on Saturday... but in the first 59 games... which i have access to every one they've looked in sync for 48 minutes exactly once... when they beat Chicago for their 4th win of the season.

syracuse has two bad losses... Louisville and Pittsburgh... but for the most part... they have been in sync every game... would 48 minutes probably not... Boeheim can go 8-9 deep he just chooses not to. If syracuse scores 100 its over new jersey sucks so bad they have only gotten to 100... correct me if I'm wrong 3 times... and i believe they won all those games.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If the Nets tried to win, no. The same question gets floated out there when a team like the Lions in football goes 0-16 or 1-15. Could this or that SEC team beat the worst NFL team?

In both cases I would say no. These are men that previously dominated at the collegiate level, with stronger bodies and more experience to go along with their overall-superior talent.

If you took the top 8 college players and the 8 worse NBA players and gave them a year to work as a team, then at that point I think the college team could win. But that is obviously not a realistic scenario.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

No. Not even close. A college b-ball team is never going to beat a team of professionals. No matter how bad they are. Id be surprised if 'cuse came within 15 points agaist the nets.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Dumb. Someone actually voted yes!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Not a chance.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

No way. I will say that the Orangemen have a very good team. Being a Kentucky fan the zone they play makes me hope the cats do not run into them unless the three point shooting comes around. A professional team would have no problem with the zone and man to man would be a disaster.

In the bag.
Driver- Callaway X-Hot 10*
Woods- Callaway X2 Hot 15*
Hybrid- Callaway X-Hot 19*
Irons-Ping G20 4-GW  Wedges- Ping iwedge 56*,58*  Putter- Ping D67 IN   Ball-Callaway Tour-ix

Well, the Nets beat the Celtics last week, so anything is possible. Maybe I'll give 'Cuse a 1 in 100 chance, but nothing more.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The celtics arent good, anymore.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Syracuse won't even beat Kansas if they meet in the tournament. Now the question is, can KU beat the Nets? NO!
My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

Simple yes or no... The Syracuse Orange as many of you may know by now are 27-2 and number 1 in the Nation...

Best team? hehehe Can Louisville beat the New Jersey Nets? They swept Syracuse.

My Equipment:
Northwestern 3-, 5-, 7- and 9-wood;
Goldwin AVDP Irons (5-10 plus PW);
U.S. Golf 60 degree wedge;
See-More Putter; Bushnell Yardage Pro 1000 Rangefinder;Golflogix GPS.

smallville, you beat me to it. they may beat the nets but can they beat the ville.
this is where the chant starts......Overrated....Overrated

The overall number one is back in place.

the nets have a team full of guys that played good enough in college to make the nba. only a handful of cuse players will make the nba. this is a ridiculous question. no it wouldnt be close.

the nets have a team full of guys that played good enough in college to make the nba. only a handful of cuse players will make the nba. this is a ridiculous question. no it wouldnt be close.

My thoughts exactly. You have to keep in mind that the Nets play at the professional level against other professionals. Professional players have so much more resources and time to improve, not to mention they had to play well enough at the collegiate level to allow them to be paid to play.

Cant even beat georgetown...nope.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

This thread needs to be expunged from the records. Que ridiculo.

As a Nets fan, I find the fact that this thread exists at all to be very, very sad. God are they bad this year.

As for the OP's specific question: If the Nets and Syracuse actually played a game with, let's say, NBA rules in place, my predicted final score would be:

Nets 141
Syracuse 86

Constantine

As a Nets fan, I find the fact that this thread exists at all to be very, very sad. God are they bad this year.

I don't think Syracuse would put up that many points, unless the Nets started to play all-star game defense. I'd say:

Nets 125 Syracuse 62

Note: This thread is 5117 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!