IGNORED

Golfing & Cigars

Colinb913
Note: This thread is 4697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't smoke, but at least I can see the appeal of lighting up the occasional cigar. It doesn't bother me when my playing partner smokes, so long as I'm not standing downwind from him. If the breeze does start to kick it up into my face, I'll create some distance between us.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I try not to leave my cig butts on the fairways and never on the greens. I must admit, I do leave it on the green when putting before I flick it "out of sight." I keep forgetting to buy a compact ashtray with a flip lid for the course. After reading this thread, I put it on my buy list. The golf course is one of my favorite places in the world, so out of respect I'll put one in my golf bag and use it for disposal. Thanks for the topic 913. (b.t.w. I love the smell of cigars in the morning, smells like victory, lol).
bag
driver sumo2
3wood dymo2
putter Z
wedge 56* SGS, 60* SGS irons 3-GW, UT1000 invector blades, dyna gold s300, karakal gripsâGolf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and it is...

I'm not naming names (rhymes with floorputt), but does it hurt when you swing a club with that stick up your ass?

He asked, I gave my opinion... got a problem with that smartass?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't mind it at all. 95% of the people that go to my home course smoke, My father and uncles smoke, so I'm used to it. Doesn't phase me.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I don't mind if others smoke as long as they clean up after themselves and are considerate.

I quit all forms of tobacco over 20 years ago cold turkey. I would still enjoy an occasional Vantage menthol or a good cigar, but just don't because I don't want to pick up the habit again. I don't allow smoking in my home or my car. I don't really mind the smell of freshly burning tobacco, but hate the day after stale smell. So an occasional whiff from someone else on the course doesn't bother me.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I'm not naming names (rhymes with floorputt), but does it hurt when you swing a club with that stick up your ass?

well said, and yes I have a problem with your apparent attitude fourputt.

I have no problem with anyone smoking ANYTHING any time any place. (I do not smoke cigarettes but keep ashtrays around my house for friends that do.) BTW dirty ashtrays smell bad, not smoke.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

well said, and yes I have a problem with you attitude fourputt, you allow no room for the opinions of others and that is selfish and childish. If you do not like smokers... run away.

Did I tell you that you can't have an opinion???? All I did was state MY opinion.

I didn't try to tell you that you can't smoke... go ahead and commit suicide if you like. I won't lose any sleep over it. Just stay out of my face and out of my air while you do it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

• Administrator
Enough, guys.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm an ex smoker and I wish I could smoke cigars. I am just terrified of becoming a smoker again so I dont. I actually like the smell of cigarettes, cigars, and anything you can smoke. I could care less if you smoke or not on the course. Just be respectful of others and the course.

Brian

That's the crux of it in a nutshell, being respectful of others. That goes both ways. Smokers should really be careful about their debris, and non-smokers should realize it's not the end of the world if they occasionally get a whiff of cigar smoke.

Just be respectful of others and the course.

I love the smell of cigars in the morning, smells like victory, lol

Got to disagree with you here. I love cigars but HATE the morning after smell. Especially the taste in your mouth. BAD!!!!!

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I don't care if another person smokes as long as I have don't have to inhale it and as long as they don't leave their trash laying around, etc. I'm sure there are people who may frown on my chewing tobacco but I don't spit it where anyone walks and I don't force anyone else to deal with it.

It gets on my nerves when someone comes up beside me on the tee box huffing their cigar and I have to breathe it. They could leave the thing in their own cart for 2 min or stand down wind at least. I'm sure you are responsible, but I can't stand to see someone throw a cigarette or cigar on the ground and just leave it. Someone burnt 1/2 of the fairway on the 9th hole at my home course last year by throwing a cigarette down like that.

I'm sure there are people who may frown on my chewing tobacco

I think there's a separate thread for this topic, but exactly where would that be - the place on the course where nobody walks?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

That's the crux of it in a nutshell, being respectful of others. That goes both ways. Smokers should really be careful about their debris, and non-smokers should realize it's not the end of the world if they occasionally get a whiff of cigar smoke.

Very well said.....everybody show a little tolerance, watch out for each other, and it will all work out....

If people are crowding you on the tee, they have bigger issues than cigar smoke.

I don't care if another person smokes as long as I have don't have to inhale it and as long as they don't leave their trash laying around, etc. I'm sure there are people who may frown on my chewing tobacco but I don't spit it where anyone walks and I don't force anyone else to deal with it.

I'm down to smoke any cigar that i can slice open with my thumbnail and dump the tobacco.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 4697 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!