IGNORED

How good are Aldila shafts?

Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I'm buying this old Ping G5 driver with Aldila vs proto on it. How good is Aldila shaft in general?
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

In general.... Thumbs up. Adilia makes good eqipment.

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

They make good shafts. They make stuff for a broad range of swings. I have a vs proto in my 3 wood now and i enjoy it.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I have a VS Proto in my Ping 3wood. It's one of my favorite shafts, mid launch and seems to be low spin, just a nice solid shaft that you can go after, or responsive with an easy swing.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I'm making the shift from Grafalloy to Aldila. I was really happy with the Grafalloy, but I'd been playing Grafalloy for three years and felt like it was time for a change. I'd originally went with the VS Proto, but now find myself with the VooDoo. I find the Aldila have a softer feel at impact. That's the main difference. I also went from a 65g to 70g shaft weight. Never realized how much 5g weighs, but I can certainly feel the difference. I only have one round in experience with the Aldila in my 3 wood. I'm getting my new driver with the VooDoo today.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

aldila is one of the most respected shaft company. They make great products. You have a great shaft and club, enjoy!

+1 You are good.

Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

Yes, that make very good golf shafts! And the Ping G5 driver your getting is fantasic aswell!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I'm making the shift from Grafalloy to Aldila. I was really happy with the Grafalloy, but I'd been playing Grafalloy for three years and felt like it was time for a change. I'd originally went with the VS Proto, but now find myself with the VooDoo. I find the Aldila have a softer feel at impact. That's the main difference. I also went from a 65g to 70g shaft weight. Never realized how much 5g weighs, but I can certainly feel the difference. I only have one round in experience with the Aldila in my 3 wood. I'm getting my new driver with the VooDoo today.

It's my opinion that Aldila have more of a "gummy" feel than a Graffaloy, which has more of a "grainy" feel to it. I do like Aldila, but I actually found that feel to be a little less pleasing to me. Perhaps I need to stick with the X shafts, because their (Aldila's) S shafts are way too soft for my taste (even though the ball flight is my DVS 3 wood is actually ok, not too high like the NVS in my driver was).

i like them, the nv is probally the best value shaft ever made.

-matt

Driver: 09 Burner 10.5 Aldila NV 65 X Stiff
3wd: G10 14* Aldila NV 85 X Stiff
Hybrid: G10 18* Aldila NV 105 X Stiff
3-PW: I10 X100
Wedge: Tour 52* & 58* S400Putter: Circa 62 No.2 35" Ball: Tour IXLowest 9 (-E) 36Lowest 18 (+2) 73

Some golfer said to me "Aldila Voodoo is too soft for me". Is it really that soft?

I tried NV before, I think it has a good feedback whether you hit it in the middle or not. Cannot describe it as soft though ....
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!