IGNORED

Hit the i15 driver today...

Note: This thread is 5146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So after resolving to play this entire season with my G10 from last year, I found myself at my local pro shop killing time during my daughter's lesson. Today was the 4th lesson, and consequently, my 4th day at looking, holding, fondling the i15 in the shop. I finally broke down and took it out for a spin. Some background: I have been playing the G10 (9*) for a little more than a season now and have been very pleased with it. I have the pro launch red stiff shaft and generate a swing speed in the 110-115 range typically. I was not on a launch monitor, but spent about an hour on the range with my driver and the i15. During the course of the demo, I had three shaft changes, and finally settled on the Diamana Blue. All I can say is wow. My G10 gives me a great ball flight, distance, and forgiveness, but I have struggled to move the ball with consistency, but gladly gave that up for the forgiveness and the fairways hit. I would not say I have held complaints about my G10, but the two hang ups I have had (if any) would be workability and feedback. The i15 has fixed both of those, at least for me. The feedback on hits was much better then with my g10, but I could not tell if there was significant distance sacrificed. On center hits, I would say the distance was similar, maybe with the i15 edging it by a few yards. Without the benefit of the launch monitor or being on a course to see the difference, its hard to say conclusively. What I will conclude, is that for me, working the ball right and left was much easier. I know this is a fade biased club, and having always hit neutral, I halfway expected to fight a slice or have to over compensate somehow. I was absolutely wrong. I am going back to tomorrow to see if I still feel the same way. If I do, I may wind up with a new gamer this year. I also plan to get it on the launch monitor so hopefully distance can be confirmed one way or another. I will post the results when i have them.

FYI - i did not hit the G15. No particular reason.

Hope this was helpful.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17
Raylor 19* 909h 21 MB 4-PW Vokey Spin Milled 54* and 60* Circa 62 No 7

I was a little intimidated by the i15 driver when I first saw it. I came into the shop expecting to get the G15, but the i15 grew on me. I was getting ~7 yards more with the G15, but the i15's sound and feel suited me better. I tried with several shafts and settled on a heavier Rombax, which gave me a very penetrating flight. I don't even work the ball that much (intentionally), but the i15 just felt more natural to me. You should bag this club and let us know how you do on the course with it.

Well I bagged it. The monitor showed about 6 more yards with less spin then the G10. I also took the new Nike VR tour 420 for a spin and the numbers were nearly identical to the Ping. I really liked that stock shaft and had it not been for the $400 price tag, I may have given it more serious consideration. In the end, I was more consistent with the i15 and just fell in love with the feel of that club. I won't get it to the course for another week, but I will definately post a report.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17

An i15 with a Diamana Blueboard is less than $400? Buy it!

I've only seen it with the stock Mamiya AXIVcore Tour Red 69 or the TFC 700D. The Diamana Blueboard has got to be more than a $50 upcharge, no?

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I had the same feelings after trying i15. Very natural to hit, not requiring constant effort to guard against the pull as with G15 and other game improvement drivers.

Good for you and good luck. I hear the Ping drivers are very loud, especially the G15. How loud was this I15?

I have only hit range balls with my i15 so far (ugly weather), but i don´t think it´s a noisy driver (like some Cleveland may be; the sound seems closer to my former Titleist 905).

In my bag:
Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 Diamana
Callaway Diablo Tour 15º

Callaway Razr 5 wood
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 3-PW
Callaway Forged 56º, Titleist Vokey 58º

Odyssey White Hot 1

Srixon Z-Star

I hear the Ping drivers are very loud, especially the G15.

The G15 isn't loud. It's not quite, but it's no where near as loud as most Nike or Cleveland drivers. I've never hit my driver and had to shake the ringing out of my ears. My old Nike Sumo and Dymo would do that sometimes and some other brands are so loud and high pitched you can hear one up and down the range or from a couple of fairways over!

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

A few months ago, it came down to the Adams Speedline and the i15.

Paint me a big fan of the i15, but I went with the Speedline.

I still second guess myself when I see them in the store. Great looking club and man it was a great feel club. The only reason I went with the Adams was because I liked the feel of it also but got more yardage.

Now...i15 irons...have my sights set on them...they will be mine =)
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

Good for you and good luck. I hear the Ping drivers are very loud, especially the G15. How loud was this I15?

Loud? You heard incorrectly. Ping drivers are known to have a muted, solid sound. The i15 is especially pleasant sounding, it sounds more like a thud than a crack or hollow pop. You want loud, try Cobra or newer Cleveland drivers, scares the hell out of small children.

Loud? You heard incorrectly. Ping drivers are known to have a muted, solid sound. The i15 is especially pleasant sounding, it sounds more like a thud than a crack or hollow pop. You want loud, try Cobra or newer Cleveland drivers, scares the hell out of small children.

LOL that's funny. My wife has a Ladies cobra driver and that thing sounds just awful. Almost like those old school wiffle ball bats we had in PE class.

/J6

i15 w/Diamana Blue 9.5
G10 w/Prolaunch Red 17

Christ the i15 Driver in the UK is £120 more with Diamana Blue shaft! so a total of £345 from one of the cheapest online retailers.

http://www.snaintongolf.co.uk/produc...-i15-ti-driver

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

Now...i15 irons...have my sights set on them...they will be mine =)

Get them :)

I hit the i15 the other day as well. I was surprised at how much I liked it....

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

Christ the i15 Driver in the UK is £120 more with Diamana Blue shaft! so a total of £345 from one of the cheapest online retailers.

Its a standard shaft on the Rapture as well!

The new Cleveland has a Diamana White or Red as itsd stock shaft.

Its a standard shaft on the Rapture as well!

Robbing gits, gonna do a few more searches and see if I can find one cheaper...

It's a great driver. Sounds similar to G10 in the way that it's not loud and obnoxious sounding like Nike, Cleveland, and others. I recieved my signature a few months before the i15/G15 line came out. I work at my local golf course and the golf pro has a the hook up. It's a great set and the driver/fairways are by far the best clubs i've ever hit. Great feel, great distance, but most of all, great workability which is of importance to me.
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Note: This thread is 5146 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!