IGNORED

Take at least 5 strokes off your score

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Don't discount cheating. It's the number one way to improve scoring - a timeless classic.

A pencil and an eraser head are a very underrated stroke saving strategy. That and kicking the ball when no one is looking.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In a magazine article a few months back a European tour pro played all of an 18 handicappers shots from inside 100 yards, the 18 handicapper played all the shots from outside 100 yards, im pretty sure the score in the end was around level.

I know its hardly a groundbreaking story but it goes to show how important the short game is!

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

My biggest problem is not getting on the green but getting withing 100ft of the hole. I always seem to be about as far away from the damn thing that you can get and still be on the green. I might leave my ball on the green and wait for them to change the hole location!

Kevin.

A pencil and an eraser head are a very underrated stroke saving strategy. That and kicking the ball when no one is looking.

A buddy of mine plays off scratch when he uses his hand wedge. After a few back yard practice sessions, my new foot wedge is gonna be money in the bank!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

But seriously, folks, I know I would be at least four shots better if I had a PGA caddy helping me pick my shot and my club. We talk a lot on this forum about shotmaking, by knowing how to play the game (or not) figures heavily into your score. I'd like to see a PGA tournament where caddies were not allowed, and the players had to carry their clubs on a pull cart and make their own decisions, just like we do.

You can take far more then 5 strokes off for high handicappers. Just look at your score card and how many of your shots were within 100 yards. I played 9 last week shot a 40, played the same 9 this week and shot a 48. I struck the ball much better on the 48 round but around the green it was a disaster.

Driver - FT-iQ
4 Wood - G10
Irons - MX-200
Wedges - 52,56,60
Putter - Bettinardi Ball - ProV1Bag - HooferMy Course - Magnolia Creek Golf Links

Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!