IGNORED

Scotty Cameron California Putters

Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, anyone try these out yet, have any opinion on them? They look really nice and I was thinking about trying/testing one out. I currently have a scotty newport 2 that I've had for around 4 years. No real need for a new putter, but these look extremely nice. Anyone get to try them out? Let me know what you think!
In My White Hoofer Extreme Bag:
909D3 9.5º w/Fujikira Rombax 6X07
MD Hybrid 17º & 21º w/Aldila VS
MP-60 (4-PW)
CG12 Wedges 52º, 56º, & 60º Newport 2 Putter Pro V1

I've putted a bit with them and thought feel wise they were pretty similar to the studio select models. I didn't really notice any difference between the two (studio select vs. cali), they do look really nice to look down at.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

They are gorgeous clubs, there is no doubting that. I hit a few putts with the Cali Coronado the other day. It felt like a Scotty which, for me, meant it felt a little hard. Gorgeous club. Sounds nice. Felt like the other Scotty's. It's just not for me.

I love my Del Mar. Butter off the face and really has helped with my distance control.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried a California del mar out at golf mart on Saturday,i just loved it,i am definitely going to buy one.I am getting the one with the 20 gram weights though.I think the 4 degrees of loft will me roll a little better as i putt with a forward press.
Thanks for the info Kpaulhus

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

I have the Coronado. Simply a beautiful, old fashioned looking, modern performing stunner. I think nobody does traditional blades like Scotty.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I had a tough choice to make when I bought my Scotty last week. It was a Calfornia, or a Studio. I went with the Newport 2, but honestly in the end it was just that I found it a little more pleasing to the eye lookijng down over it. Just a personal preference. But wonderful clubs.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

• 3 months later...
I've putted with them a few times at GolfSmith and gotta say that they are really nice putters. I think that they have a very similar feel to the Studio Select series. Very beautiful to look at, especially the Coronado model.

Right now I have an older Pro Platinum Laguna Two that I got on eBay and then sent to the custom shop to have restored and personalized. It is the most beautiful club I've ever put in my bag!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!