IGNORED

Lefties get no respect...

DannyG
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, we get screwed at the stores and clubs to demo are darn near impossible to find. The only store that does a good job supplying lefties in my area is PGA Superstore, they have a very large lefty section.

It's the price we pay for being cooler than the normals.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

lefties get screwed all the time but you should be used to it by now. Baseball gloves and hockey sticks were the same way...it does save me quite a bit of money though. i would be randomly purchasing all kinds of stuff if they had them all in lefty!!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

My wife is left handed. The selection for women golfers is even more limited than for men.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Equipment selection for lefties is poor (e.g. Mizuno - what up?!?), but it's odd how much lefty stuff there is on ebay.

But . . . beginner lefties have one slight advantage compared to righties. All the swing foldouts in Golf Digest and Golf magazine are like looking in a mirror for lefties. That has to be worth something, even if you can't actually purchase the equipment the player is using. : (

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Equipment selection for lefties is poor (e.g. Mizuno - what up?!?), but it's odd how much lefty stuff there is on ebay.

Yeah, that's a big help. Thanks for pointing that out.

I came across a lefties-only website a while ago, they seem to have a pretty good selection. http://www.leftiesonlygolf.com/index.htm Haven't bought anything from them, though.

i went to a callaway demo day in august of 2009 they had one driver that was left handed and it was a ladies flex
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I have a horror story regarding Golf Galaxy and Adams. Backchannel if interested.

It stinks being a lefty sometimes.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Baseball gloves and hockey sticks were the same way...!

Any quality hockey stick that you can get for right hand, can just as easily be found in left hand, except for signature sticks, they usually only come int he hand of the player that uses them. Hockey sticks arent like golf clubs(infinitely cheaper to make), and there are plenty of lefty hockey players. EVERY brand and model comes in left as well as right.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I think it's just one the hard truths we have to face. We're lefty, we're outcasts, we stand on the 'wrong side of the ball', but look at us from behind - we're standing on the RIGHT side of the ball!!!

I've often thought it'd be cool to open up a Ned Flanders style "Leftorium Golf Store", and get ALL the lefty business in the state. That'd show 'em!

But look at it this way, when we do get some new, cool gear, no one else can try it out!!!!!

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Yeah, we get screwed at the stores and clubs to demo are darn near impossible to find. The only store that does a good job supplying lefties in my area is PGA Superstore, they have a very large lefty section.

Concurred. The PGA Superstore is a godsend for this player who learned to play sports left-handed for no apparent reason.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Sad news fellow lefties...
I contacted our forum leaders and asked how many members were lefties. They have informed me —

"Of those who have chosen "Righty" or "Lefty" (we have a few thousand who never chose one or the other), only 7.25% are "Lefty.""

I guess we will just have to settle for quality over quantity.

In my area (ATL) only PGA Superstore has decent lefty selection. I end up buying most of my gear over the web. And who needs a demo day, when my basement has plenty of room for clubs i bought without trying only to find they didn't suit me.

On a different note, a T-shirt I once saw at the touristy "Leftorium" in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf--cracks me up:

http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/550780
  • Upvote 1

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

This isn't anything new... and it's not isolated in golf. Any sport, lefty equipment is more expensive and less common. Even baseball, where there are a lot of lefties. I'm just lucky enough to be ambidextrous lol... throw lefty, switch hitter in baseball, golf righty)

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

This isn't anything new... and it's not isolated in golf. Any sport, lefty equipment is more expensive and less common. Even baseball, where there are a lot of lefties. I'm just lucky enough to be ambidextrous lol... throw lefty, switch hitter in baseball, golf righty)

I always wanted to switch hit, but finding lefty bats was just too much of a pain in the ass.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

I always wanted to switch hit, but finding lefty bats was just too much of a pain in the ass.

touche'...

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!