IGNORED

Lefties get no respect...

DannyG
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm another lefty, maybe we can bump that percentage up to 7.27 now...I might be a little better off...the Golf Galaxy near me has a lefty manager and a lefty employee, so I get a little love there

Its odd that every time I play with a lefty, they are some of the best players I play with, and they normally have fantastic short games. Maybe it's because they're in the "right" mind haha I know terrible joke but I had to.

My bag:
Driver: 909D2
3-Wood: 909F2
Iron: AP2 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52, 56, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 35"

The bigger of our two Edwin Watts stores has a respectable lefty selection for most things. Putters are a notable exception. Local GG is pretty pitiful by comparison -- The demo iron bag is notably laughable... With about 30 six irons to have a whack with, only 3 are lefties.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

How's this?

Last month we played our final pennant game of the season. (It was our last game because we lost and didn't make the final)
We play in groups of 4, 2 matches per group, and ALL FOUR in our group were lefties. My mate thought he'd come check out the action and carried my bag for me (nice guy), and he too, is Lefty....

Uncanny, huh?

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Ever see that custom fitting Ping rack of clubs? Take a close look next time, all the clubs are for right handed hitters with just a few lefties. When you ask why so few for lefties they say that's all you need. All you need???? Why have so many for righties then?

Actually, at my home course where I work at, the golf pro is a certified Ping retailer/fitter and has taught me what he knows. We have just the same amount of left handed clubs as right handed. We don't make much with the left handed clubs but people come from all over south texas because they know we have a great selection of left handed clubs. so, i'm just putting in my 2 cents about your opinion on Ping. However, yes, more times than none lefties are "shafted"

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Keep it down............all theses righties havent figured it out that it is easier from the other side of the ball!!!!!!!!

My best advice is to find a filthy rich business owner that loves golf and tell him to go out and buy the latest and greatest stuff and when he cant hit em just purchase his stuff......thats what i do. hahaha

Ping G15 9 degree
Ping G15 4 wood 17 degree
Ping S56
Ping Tour S 52,56,60
Nike Method 01Pro V

Its odd that every time I play with a lefty, they are some of the best players I play with, and they normally have fantastic short games. Maybe it's because they're in the "right" mind haha I know terrible joke but I had to.

That is due to left-handers being better natural ball strikers. I don't know why it just is. Why are so many hitters in baseball left?? I don't have an explanation i just know it is true.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

That is due to left-handers being better natural ball strikers. I don't know why it just is. Why are so many hitters in baseball left?? I don't have an explanation i just know it is true.

If Left-handers are better ball strikers, I must be doing something REALLY wrong out there...

Sad news fellow lefties...

Funny thing, last night I was in a conversation with the family over how many lefties/ righties ratio world wide and the answer was 7-9.5% so sounds like the stats on here are about right

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

• 4 years later...

I am right-handed in general, nevertheless I can live with left hand only decently (tested due injuries). Yet, I play all games which require bats, rackets, clubs or cues by holding it from the end of the butt with right hand (it means I play tennis and snooker from right side, ice hockey, baseball and golf from left side.)

My friends told I should start playing golf from right side, even it felt completely unnatural when I tried it. So, I chose to be a lefty. I feel my shots from left are significantly harder and more natural to me.

How can I tell in my profile I am "lefty?" I could not find the switch from the settings.

Here in Northern Finland it´s rather easy to be lefty. I would say the ratio of lefties to righties is 1:4 or 1:5 whenever I visit either range or course. I use Mizuno MP59 irons and Titleist 910 woods, both of them available for lefties also.

I'm left handed and I'm also part of the problem. I took up the game of golf at age 7 playing right handed and never even saw a left handed club until I was 12. I think there are a lot of natural left handers that play right handed and that cuts the demand for left handed clubs even further.

My wife is also left handed. When she took up golf, I suggested that she start right handed because of available equipment and it seems golf instructions are referenced from a right-handed golfer's point of view.

PK

PK

Funny thing, last night I was in a conversation with the family over how many lefties/ righties ratio world wide and the answer was 7-9.5% so sounds like the stats on here are about right

I wonder if those numbers will come up in time. I think 50 +/- years ago, it seemed almost taboo to be left-handed.

PK

I got called a traitor by a lefty on the golf course last Friday because I was writing left handed and golfing right handed. I told the guy that a right handed golf swing is really left handed.

I'm a natural lefty and have been playing golf lefty for 50 years. There are many more lefty golfers now than when I started, and there is a lot of lefty equipment out there now compared to back then as well. Plenty of clubs on-line, that's where I get mine.

How can I tell in my profile I am "lefty?" I could not find the switch from the settings.

I see it there... ;-)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can relate to some frustrations because I've lived it.......but this is much less applicable in todays age.   As someone who has played 20+ years, I clearly remember the days when manufactures simply didn't make some models for lefties as recent as the 1990s. They were usually the good clubs I wanted to buy!!   We had to settle for something else...........

Today, it's much less of an issue.  Now days...we can get anything in left hand.  I do admit that some stores still neglect the lefty in some respects with their selection.  I suppose I am lucky to live in a city where there are many retail choices to buy clubs.   IE....I generally avoid places like Dicks because their lefty selection always underwhelms.   Of course they say...."Hey, we can order it" but this is the incorrect answer.  I know of at least a couple places that carry a nice selection of lefty gear and this is where I go to buy my clubs...  if I can do club testing in front of pro-style launch monitors and they stock the clubs I want....I don't even care if I'm getting the lowest price.   It's all about service and selection.......imo

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!