IGNORED

Looking with a good ball similar to the Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As the title states, I am looking for a ball with similar characteristics as the Pro V1x, bun without the $45-$50 per dozen price. I found a Pro V1x on the first hole on Sunday half in the mud, and played it for the next 9 holes and played one of the best rounds of golf I have ever played, at least until I lost it on number 14 where the water hazard had overflowed and was running down to the drain on the opposite side of the fairway. Anyways, I am typically a 100+ player, but at the end of the front nine and beginning of the front, I hit par, bogey, par, par, par, double, par all with this ball. I liked how it went far and straight, and had a durable shell. I have a problem with most balls nicking from my irons, but the ball was pristine even until I teed off on that fateful hole andthe rest of my game went to pot.

Back to the matter at hand, though, does anyone know of a ball with very similar characteristics?

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I find the Taylormade TP Red plays very similar to the Pro V1x. It's a premium ball and has been discontinued by TM but there are lots of places still selling them.

I was in my local WallyWorld last weekend and they were clearing them out for $21/doz.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

TP/Red/LDP or TP/Black/LDP

Srixon balls are cheaper too.

If your looking for a lower level but still semi-performance ball, I can only think of the NXT tour, Or Burner TP LDP

Driver Launcher 7.5 YSQ Xshaft
2Hybrid Rescue Hybrid 17*
Irons Tour Preferred 3-PW
Wedges Vokey 52*
Wedges Vokey SM 60*Putter Abaco 33"Ball TP/Red/LDP or Penta TP

I found some Callaway Tour iX balls at WalMart for $30/dz.

Not a bad playing ball. I went through a couple in today's round.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Dick's had a sale on the Srixon Trispeeds, 2 dozen for $30. I bought a couple dozen to try them out, and they are soft and straight. I actually think I like them off the tee and for putting better than the ProV1, they just don't have as much spin. They don't spin back, but they'll stop on a dime.

Prov1 Practice balls. 26$ a dozen at my golf store. I was told that they are repackaged range balls the pro's hit at tournaments.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I usually only play balls I find. Matter of fact, until about a month ago, I hadn't ever paid for a golf ball. I didn't play crap balls either. I walk my home course 100% of the time and I've learned where the mother lodes are. It always amazes me that someone will pound a new Pro V1 or Pro V1x into the scrub and not bother to go after it. Their loss is my gain...but I digress.

I found a Srixon Trispeed and played it. The feel off the club was eye opening. It felt like a rubber bouncy ball when I hit it. Soft...really soft. But it carried just as well as the other balls. It impressed me enough to buy three-dozen. So, now I'm using that ball.

Golf Galaxy is doing a promotion where you get a sleeve of 2010 Trispeed or Trispeed Tour if you demo a Cleveland DST Launcher. The 2009 Trispeed is a bargain right now.

I'd say give the Trispeed a go.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

Another vote for the NXT Tour! Almost as good as the Pro V1 and much cheaper - my local Dick's had the for $26/dozen last week and several on-line places sell them for less than $30 w/ free shipping.

Big clubs: :titleist: 915D3 @ 9.5°, :callaway: X-Hot Pro 3W
Med clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5W, :titleist: 910H 4H,
Small clubs: :callaway: X-Hot Pro 5-AW, :titleist: Vokey 55.10, 60.10

Another vote for the NXT Tour! Almost as good as the Pro V1 and much cheaper - my local Dick's had the for $26/dozen last week and several on-line places sell them for less than $30 w/ free shipping.

Even better, I get AAAA NXT Tours from lostgolfballs.com All of them are in pretty much mint condition, condition wise. Only issue is that most of them have logos from corporate events or stuff like that... but for about $8 a dozen for balls that have only been hit once or twice tops, it's a great bargain.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

Note: This thread is 5134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!