IGNORED

Your (Golf) Bucket List

Jax
Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

With 12 months to go I would not be interested in playing with people I do not know. My stepson and the two grandsons along with a few friends I normally golf with would be perfect for me.

As to where I would play. Finish my goal of 50 states. I now have 48 and need WA, OR, ID and MT. I have played in 21 countries on 4 continents. Play a few more countries and maybe Augusta National & St. Andrews and I would pass on with no golf regrets.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's on yours?

For me, I want to:

-Play golf in every Canadian province

-Play Pebble Beach

-Attend The Masters

-Play links golf in Scotland or Ireland

-Shoot under par (on 18 holes)

-Play the island green at TPC Sawgrass

-Visit or play St. Andrew's and get a picture taken on the Swilcan Bridge

Will W

Play Augusta

Play Pine Valley

You mean like this? ;-)

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What's on yours?

For me, I want to:

-Play golf in every Canadian province Not so much

-Play Pebble Beach YES

-Attend The MastersYES

-Play links golf in Scotland or Ireland YES

-Shoot under par (on 18 holes) YES, though shooting par would be fine too

-Play the island green at TPC Sawgrass YES

-Visit or play St. Andrew's and get a picture taken on the Swilcan Bridge YES

I'll throw in playing a few of the local private courses by me: Santa Ana Country Club. Big Canyon, and Shady Canyon.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I'll throw in playing a few of the local private courses by me: Santa Ana Country Club. Big Canyon, and Shady Canyon.

It wouldn't be on my list either if I wasn't Canadian. :-)

Will W

What's on yours?

For me, I want to:

-Play golf in every Canadian province

-Play Pebble Beach

-Attend The Masters

-Play links golf in Scotland or Ireland

-Shoot under par (on 18 holes)

-Play the island green at TPC Sawgrass

Not a bad list.  I have been fortunate and checked off a number of "bucket list" items.  Mine now would include (in no special order):

Attend the Masters

Play golf in Canada (which would get me to 4 countries - baby steps)

Shoot my age (a long way off if I ever come close)

Play the courses at Bandon

Play the courses at Kohler

Play Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes in MI

Play TPC Sawgrass

Play Golf & Outing's nine hole layout in Ann Arbor (the only course in Washtenaw County which I have not played - private and I don't know a member)

Play Riverview Country Club (Appleton, WI) one more time (where I learned to play, decades ago)

Play Weston Country Club (Weston, MA) one more time (parents old course)

Play TPC Prestancia (Sarasota, FL) one more time (parents old course)

Brian Kuehn

Just off the top of my head:

1. Play in a USGA amateur event

2. Play Augusta National

3. St. Andrews, Prestwick, Turnberry, Carnoustie, etc.

Tyler Martin

• 2 months later...

Other then Pebble Beach I'm wondering what "epic" course that is available to play would be on most everyone's bucket list?

As well, for those that have played Pebble, was is the most economical way to make this happen? I'm a 3 handicap and would enjoy nothing more then playing it for my 50th birthday this September with my brother.

Curious on the best way to make this happen as we both are not...self made millionaire's!

I've played most of the really nice courses in Texas, and a few others including Kiawah Island..just not sure what other track I'd consider.

Thanks...

Taylormade SLDR 10.5

Ping Anser 4-PW

Ping Anser 52,54,60

Ping G25 3 Wood 15

Ping I20 4 Hybrid

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7

Other then Pebble Beach I'm wondering what "epic" course that is available to play would be on most everyone's bucket list?

No trip to Pebble is complete unless you also play Spyglass Hill.  The rest of my list would include Pinehurst, Sawgrass, Bethpage, Torrey Pines (not technically on my list because I have played it), Kapalua, Mauna Kea, Bandon, Chambers Bay, Whistling Straights, and many many more ;)

As well, for those that have played Pebble, was is the most economical way to make this happen? I'm a 3 handicap and would enjoy nothing more then playing it for my 50th birthday this September with my brother.

Curious on the best way to make this happen as we both are not...self made millionaire's!

I don't how "economical" you can make it, check THIS out, might help.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I just want to get good enough to play in the local city tournament and place. Outside of that I don't expect that I'll be able to play any of the famous courses or do anything extraordinary. I try to keep my goals realistic. Even the one I have seems pretty lofty most of the time.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I just want to get good enough to play in the local city tournament and place. Outside of that I don't expect that I'll be able to play any of the famous courses or do anything extraordinary. I try to keep my goals realistic. Even the one I have seems pretty lofty most of the time.

You never know. I'm playing Oakland Hills in a little over 2 weeks. Just found out we are driving up a day early and playing TPC Michigan.

- Shane

You never know. I'm playing Oakland Hills in a little over 2 weeks. Just found out we are driving up a day early and playing TPC Michigan.

I don't have the money or free time to travel for golf a majority of the time. The trip to Erie is hard to do even. Perhaps some day I'll be in a position that this will change, but the way I keep from being stressed and/or depressed is to focus on what I can do and be happy with that. Every day is a good day, because I'm alive. That is my philosophy, makes it easy to be happy.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I don't have the money or free time to travel for golf a majority of the time. The trip to Erie is hard to do even. Perhaps some day I'll be in a position that this will change, but the way I keep from being stressed and/or depressed is to focus on what I can do and be happy with that. Every day is a good day, because I'm alive. That is my philosophy, makes it easy to be happy.

We have a supplier taking us on this trip. That's the beauty of it. IT management does have a few perks. Not many, but a few.

- Shane

We have a supplier taking us on this trip. That's the beauty of it. IT management does have a few perks. Not many, but a few.

I am the IT department for my job, I love my job but I don't get those types of perks rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3605 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!