IGNORED

Cheyenne Woods (Tiger's Niece) Thread

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cheyenne Woods be a big star on the LPGA tour?

• Yes, she will be a star on the level with Michelle Wie.
    • No, she will play on the LPGA but never be a star.
    • She will not make the LPGA.

Cheyenne Woods is a sophomore at Wake Forrest and she won her first college tournament this weekend:

http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/ap...ns-bryan-natl/

IMHO, one day she will be a big star on the LPGA. She has the looks & the famous uncle...plus she has game.

What do you guys think?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

i couldn't properly answer the poll. michelle wie is a star, but for all the wrong reasons. she is tall, cute, developed very early, and can hit the ball far. that's pretty much it. she whines and complains and is inconsistent. if miss woods can play like her uncle, she will indeed be a star, and above the level of michelle wie. she does look just like tiger, though.

She'll be a star, but very dissimilar to Michelle Wie's stardom. I remember a shot she hit at a Juniors/Seniors event a few years ago; I think it was the WalMart First Tee Open. Her approached banked off a backboard type hill and either went in or right next to the cup. She had clearly been watching her uncle.

I am surprised it took her this long. I thought she had won last year, but I don't follow college sports very much.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

She is a marketing dream....if she can compete on teh LPGA tour, she will be a star.

She is very, very attractive and comes with some serious pedigree.......I can see her and Tiger doing Nike commercials together in the near future....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

That's great. I'm happy for her. I can see her on the LPGA someday. And she's fine as wine.

Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

Dont know much about her. Winning a ladies college tournament isnt particulary impressive. She must be 19 or 20. We would have known about her years ago if she was a serious talent and not just a name.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Dont know much about her. Winning a ladies college tournament isnt particulary impressive. She must be 19 or 20. We would have known about her years ago if she was a serious talent and not just a name.

She has been in the news. She actually blew off the chance for some LPGA exemptions because she wanted to finish University first, before committing her life to golf. I read an interview with her in Oxygen, she's a very bright, talented woman. And winning a University tourny is nothing to scoff at.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I doubt she will be a star on the LPGA. If she were a "phenom" we would have heard about her because of her talents not from her name. She has played in an LPGA event and missed the cut. She may achieve status on the tour but a fixture at the top she wont be. There are plenty of other and much younger girls already competing on the LPGA with more talent.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

Cheyenne Woods to make pro debut at LPGA Championship, qualifies for U.S. Women's Open:

Quote:

Tiger Woods's niece received an exemption to next week's Wegmans LPGA Championship in Pittsford, N.Y., and John Dell of the Winston-Salem Journal says Woods has the game to compete .

Woods had an outstanding career at Wake Forest, winning twice and setting the school record for lowest career scoring average of 73.71. Last season she averaged 73.69, the fourth best in school history.

She played in the Wegmans in 2009 but missed the cut as an amateur. But her former coach at Wake Forest, Dianne Dailey, said Woods impressed everybody with how she carried herself.

"She missed the cut by one shot, but it was what she did off the course that impressed the folks running the tournament," Dailey said. "She put on a clinic, visited a hospital and was gracious with her time while she was there. I had one of the organizers call me afterward, and she told me Cheyenne was great to work with and was so cooperative."

Cheyenne's famous uncle will also be tuning in.

"It's exciting to see her grow and mature, and I'm just proud of her, and to see her embark on a professional career in golf is very exciting to me," Tiger Woods said, "not only from being her uncle but as a fan."

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/05/truth-rumors-cheyenne-woods-to-make-pro-debut.html

Quote:

Tiger's first-round 70 at the Memorial wasn't the only good news for the Woods family on Thursday. Cheyenne Woods, Tiger's niece, also qualified for the U.S. Women's Open.

Woods, who turned pro earlier this year after playing four years of golf at Wake Forest University, where she won the 2011 ACC Championship, is already making her mark, after she qualified for the U.S. Women's Open at Blackwolf Run on Thursday.

The 21-year-old posted rounds of 74-72 to take co-medalist honors in the two-day qualifier at Carolina Trace Country Club. While there will certainly be some butterflies when she tees it up in her first U.S. Women's Open as a pro, she should feel at ease knowing it won't be her first start on golf's biggest stage. Woods will actually make her pro debut next week after receiving a sponsor's exemption to the Wegmans LPGA Championship.

http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2012/06/truth-rumors-did-mickelson-withdraw-because-of-cell-phones.html

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Apparently Earl taught her how to play golf too.  Pretty cute girl.

cheyenne-woods.jpg http://www2.journalnow.com/mgmedia/image/0/0/192158/e0531-cheyenne/

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

So, is she actually any good or will she just skate by on sponsors exemptions for the next few years because of her lineage?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

So, is she actually any good or will she just skate by on sponsors exemptions for the next few years because of her lineage?

Brandon

Played at Wake Forest.  Has won 30 amateur tournaments.  Qualified on her own for the US Open.  Seems legit.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Mr3Wiggle

Apparently Earl taught her how to play golf too.  Pretty cute girl.

I think that's Tiger's half brother Earl Jr. though. I don't think Earl Sr. had much to do with his first few kids once he married Tida and had Tiger.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

She missed the cut with a +10 after two days...but she did beat Michelle Wie +12.

Also, who is Alison Curdt?  She was +33 after two days OUCH!

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

At this point its going to depend upon her talent and ability.  If she can make cuts and be in contention to win, she will be a star simply because of the Woods name and because she's cute.

At this point Id have to vote no because she hasnt proven she has the talent and ability to win.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by juanrjackson

She missed the cut with a +10 after two days...but she did beat Michelle Wie +12.

Also, who is Alison Curdt?  She was +33 after two days OUCH!

Jesus, +33 after two days? Do you have the round breakdowns/where I can find the card? That is nuts.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Note: This thread is 3056 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!