IGNORED

Mizuno MP 630 Driver

Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Has anyone gotten their hands on this new club yet? If so, how is it?

I am dying to try it out! If it's good, I more than likely will swap out my Titleist 907D2 for it.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I hit a non-Fastrack model with the "made for" Fubuki in Stiff flex. I really liked the club, it's a nice compact pear shape, the Fubuki feels great. I hit it mid trajectory, and low spin (no launch monitors, but I didn't balloon it when hitting cuts into the wind). Feel is very good, felt hot on good shots, solid on "not so great" swings. Seemed to hit the ball straight.

All that said, it's a very good driver package with the stock shaft, but to be honest, it wasn't a major step up from any of my proven older drivers such as an '07 Burner with 85g NV or FT-5 with VS Proto.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I hit a non-Fastrack model with the "made for" Fubuki in Stiff flex. I really liked the club, it's a nice compact pear shape, the Fubuki feels great. I hit it mid trajectory, and low spin (no launch monitors, but I didn't balloon it when hitting cuts into the wind). Feel is very good, felt hot on good shots, solid on "not so great" swings. Seemed to hit the ball straight.

Thanks for the feedback. Would you say it is worth it to upgrade to the Mizuno from my Titleist 907D2?

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I hit it last weekend (both models the MP-630 and 630 Fast Track). I tested the Fast Track in both the 1-10 and 5-6 setting. I did notice that when set up with the weights in the 1-10 setting the ball (a brand new top-flight range) did fly lower. I'll give it another try when the weather gets better. Overall it felt solid, but wasn't as comfortable as my 983K. It does frame the ball nice, so that's a plus! And the stock shaft is OK (Fubuki) would like a little less torque.

"the only thing you should force in a golf swing is the club back into the bag" --Byron Nelson

Driver 983 K 8.5 Grafalloy ProLite Stiff
Fairway Big Bertha Steel Head 4 Wood Memphis 10 Steel
Irons 3-PW CB 690 Flighted Rifle 6.0 +.50..+1^Wedges Mild Steel Raw 254-10 & 260-10..+2^Putter 8802 the...

Can't really help you there, I've never hit a 907D2. I will say, it didn't really do anything my 905R won't do.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

• 3 years later...
Got a second hand one there on ebay, fast track with Adlai proto x shaft in it, the weight adjustment is very good, just a standard Allen key the feel is good but sound just like a crack u would get from a wooden club it does take some getting used to, when set right very long 10-15 by my Hogan CS3 will definitely put Hogan out of the bag for awhile and the weight adjustment allows change the ball flight depending on conditions

Ive had a couple of them in the non-Fasttrack version.  Theyre a nice driver.  Straight and fairly long if you had a solid swing.  They arent really a driver for a high-handicapper or slow swinger though because they are designed for a slightly lower launch and have a slightly smaller head.

I got rid of mine simply because I wasnt consistent enough with it.  When you hit it solid, the ball launched like it was shot of out a cannon but when I missed the center of the face, you never knew where the ball might land.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Agree may not be the straightest if not hit out of the middle, quite a hook when hit off the toe, the Hogan is a very straight club but hit it very very high, it says 9.5 on the bottom, put I'm not joking it must have 12degrees on it. Was getting 290 out of the mizuno , 275 out of the Hogan according to the GPS but slightly into the wind so would have suited the mizuno

Erik did a review of this club a few years back...

Here it is: http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/mizuno_mp-630_fast_track_driver_review

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3728 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!