IGNORED

Donating old clubs

Alohaed
Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi there,
I just got fitted for and purchased new irons and wedges. I was hoping I could trade in(even for tax offest) my old 99 TM Supersteel irons, and MG wedges. They told me forget about it, too old. They have normal wear, yet new grips. If anything, I might have gotten $30, if I am lucky? And I needed 1.25" longer shafts on my new clubs, so my old ones are not worth keeping to use if I want. Anyone know of where I can donate these, and some old putters, etc? Maybe to schools, places to teach underpriveledged kids, etc? I am not even looking for a tax write-off. Just so they don't take up space and also to "pay it forward"(of that's the phrase).

A guy in my company takes donated golf clubs and sends them to military units deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Soldiers are extremely grateful to have the opportunity to hit some balls and take their minds off things. If you live anywhere near a military post or Reserve / Guard unit check with their headquarters. You could probably also write those off as a chartitable contribution if you are so inclined.
  • Upvote 1

Excellent!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for the idea. I did not even think about that. I would donate anything to our soldiers in a heartbeat! They deserve so much. I've donated money to various charities for them in the past too. I will look into it.

You might also want to check into the First Tee program, if there is one nearby. I donated a bunch of clubs, balls and a golf bag when I moved. They were glad to take everything.
  • Upvote 1

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

• 2 years later...

I once donated clubs to the local high school for their golf team - it was a poorer area with underprivileged kids.

Or the local thrift store/church thrift store.

Funny how clubs get outdated pretty quickly and no one wants them anymore.

I just sent a HUGE box of clubs, balls and tees to the Birdies for the Brave Foundation.  They are going to forward them to Afghanistan.  I would try to see if you have a First Tee local to you first.  If not, B4B is a great option.

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!