IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

One feel that has helped me keep the hands in (and the clubhead more outside of my hands) is to feel as if the right arm is on top of the left.

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

38 minutes ago, jbishop15 said:

One feel that has helped me keep the hands in (and the clubhead more outside of my hands) is to feel as if the right arm is on top of the left.

I can see that. I am not sure if that promotes a tip towards the target feel. Ala more Stack and Tilt. For me to feel that it's almost like I have to turn the right hand counter clockwise to do so. 

Of course feel isn't real :) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I can see that. I am not sure if that promotes a tip towards the target feel. Ala more Stack and Tilt. For me to feel that it's almost like I have to turn the right hand counter clockwise to do so. 

Of course feel isn't real :) 

It certainly does feel like that, I agree. Feels like the left shoulder is going straight down. It doesn't appear that way in a mirror, at least in my case. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

For me to feel that it's almost like I have to turn the right hand counter clockwise to do so. 

That's probably not a bad thing to feel right? If your natural tendency is to roll, feeling like you're rolling the opposite direction might keep your hands more neutral.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

55 minutes ago, billchao said:

That's probably not a bad thing to feel right? If your natural tendency is to roll, feeling like you're rolling the opposite direction might keep your hands more neutral.

Not sure really. I need to get the hands on the correct trajectory which would clean up a lot of the unwanted clubhead movement. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Not sure really. I need to get the hands on the correct trajectory which would clean up a lot of the unwanted clubhead movement. 

Something that's worked for me in the past (still using it, really) is to feel like I'm bringing the handle in towards my gut right at the start of the backswing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I've been practicing taking the hands more inside, feeling like I want to hit my right thigh. Just to compare the differences. I am liking what I am seeing on the right. 

A2-Compare.png.35d2044f624ea5b9a3472eab3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

DTL - Full Swing, a tad better

DTL - Practicing trying to set the club more vertical and get the hands tracking inward to A2 more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
On January 30, 2016 at 6:22 PM, saevel25 said:

Good. That's what I'd texted you.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Glad to hear

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Another lesson up in Erie this previous Saturday,

Pre-Lesson Swing DTL

Pre Lesson Swing FO

Few notes, 
1. Hinge sooner, creates softer right arm. Get club more vertical sooner. Hold the Umbrella feel at A3
2. Full swing feel, stop the backswing at A3 with umbrella feel. Actual swing will carry to A4

Finally got to work on a new piece. Though the umbrella keep the swing shorter feel is going to be something I will probably work on forever. 

FO Drill, Downswing piece.
Getting the lower body to work better. I do too much slide and not enough turn. This is working on getting that left leg to straighten sooner and turn the hips more. 

Same thing but DTL here, 

Full swing after doing the Downswing Drills, 

Note, 
1. Need to develop a solid feel to really get more hip rotation at A7
a. Right pocket and/or right shirt seem driving towards the ball
b. Left hip pulling back and around
c. The right hip scrunches down as it loses extension
d. Hit the ball with the right elbow
2. Staying more upright at A7 to finish, less falling back

Some images from the lesson, before and after. 

A4 - Umbrella feel. 
Stopping the club shorter, more upright. 

56b7bad9f3050_FOA4.thumb.jpg.90c3e0ea59f

A6
Hips more open, hands more forward, right elbow more in front of the body, left hips going around less forward. Head could look at the ball more. Maybe the Annika/Duval move could be beneficial in helping me keep my head from tilting back. Not as much there. Something to keep an eye on. 

56b7baf65fa02_FOA6.thumb.jpg.c0aefab1670

A7
Head is more centered. Hips are way more open. Hands are less forward pressed and more inline. More dynamic position on the right. 

56b7bad8320f9_FOA7.thumb.jpg.9f2f31a8123

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

On the backswing you want the left arm to flow around the body just under the right shoulder. Mirror image on the forward swing the right arm flows around the body just below the left shoulder. Just an idea.

Please read this thread when considering swing advice from me.

6 minutes ago, Golfer2223 said:

On the backswing you want the left arm to flow around the body just under the right shoulder. Mirror image on the forward swing the right arm flows around the body just below the left shoulder. Just an idea.

Thank you for your opinion. I have things I am working on that I am committed to 100%. I am going to continue on what I am working on. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Looking really good @saevel25!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Got to go to the range today.

Current DTL Swing, not as bad as it was, but not good as it should. More hands in, less club over. 

Working out the backswing, not a very good attempt here. Just looks like the club gets to outside hands, it just travels a weird path. 

This is much better I think. This include more feeling like i turn my chest down towards the ground behind the ball (inbetween my ball and me and off the mat towards the camera). Doing this I was trying not to do much with the club, maybe a little hinge. Seemed to work really well. Hands traveled more inward. Club travels on a better diagonal sweet spot path. 

Heres is a DTL slow motion swing later on in the practice session. Club could move more upward. It's a tad better than the first swing. 

Here is a really good swing. This one my mental thought was turn around my swing, and keep the swing to 60-75% length. I more of this. This was one of my best backwings i've made. 

Feel was, turn the torso only to A2, chest pointing towards the ground more away from the ball. Keep swing to 60-75% swing length. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Pay a little attention to this, too, as it's getting worse:

56c7ceeb68b9b_AnalyzrImageExport50.thumb

That's why your chin looks like you're doing a Dracula impression. Left side bend a little more on the backswing, right side bend on the downswing. In the middle, the "umbrella and done" feeling.

Good news is that this can tie right in to your backswing feeling.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets