IGNORED

Scratch Wedges, a good choice?

Note: This thread is 4966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a CG-14 56 degree wedge shortly after they were released, but my groves are worn down now. I've been hearing more and more about the Scratch Golf custom designs, and wondering if they're a solid choice over the ever-so-common Vokey Designs or CG-15. With the price going down to $99/wedge, I'm seriously considering purchasing, any feedback on players who have played them? Pros/cons?

Thanks

Diablo. 10 degree, neutral. (R-Flex)
F-Speed 15.5 degree 3 Wood (R)
A70s 19 degree hybrid (R)
2009 CG-7 Tour Irons (3-PW) (R)
CG-14 52, 56, 60 degree wedges. (R)SeeMore FGP Putter (The charm of my bag) Gamer V2

Do a search for posts by me about Scratch Golf. About all the information you're going to need can be found there. In short, save yourself a ton of reading and just buy them!

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Haha, thanks. I'll do some more research, I'm still concerned about the nearly 6 week process time, but perfection takes patience I suppose :)

Diablo. 10 degree, neutral. (R-Flex)
F-Speed 15.5 degree 3 Wood (R)
A70s 19 degree hybrid (R)
2009 CG-7 Tour Irons (3-PW) (R)
CG-14 52, 56, 60 degree wedges. (R)SeeMore FGP Putter (The charm of my bag) Gamer V2

I've played them (still disagree that game is a verb) and they are good wedges and if you are in the market for a wedge with an extremely specific grind, hey go for it. If you can live with a normal tour proven grind just get vokeys or clevelands.
Boom Stick: 907 D2 w/accuflex The juice
3 wood: 909F2 w/Fujikura Motore F1 55
Hybrid: 909H 19* w/Fujikura Motore F1 80HB
Irons: 2010 AP2 (3-PW) w/Dynamic Gold S300
Wedges: Spinmilled 54*, 60*Putter: 2002 Studio Design 1.5Balls: Pro V1Range Finder: Pro 1600Proud Member of Piranhas Golf Team Ecole de...

• 5 months later...
Spoke with a rep this morning about these wedges and I have to say I'm impressed with the level of customer service, I was slightly confused by what the website was telling me but after a good conversation I think I'm straightend out now. One question I still have is which one 8620 or 1018???

In my bag:
MP 57's 4-PW KBS Stiff
Ping G 20 10.5* Stiff
Taylormade V Steel 3 and 5 wood

Bridgestone J33 R Hybrid 21* NV Shaft
Mizuno MP Quad Cut 52* and 56* Spinner Shafts

Scotty Cameron Newport Two TeI3

the forged ones are like butta baby

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I want custom wedges.
If it was money no option it'd be between Muria, Scratch or the custom vokey's.

if you can get them for the same price as other wedges then get them.
You do know you can get your grooves sharpened by a pro or yourself?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Spoke with a rep this morning about these wedges and I have to say I'm impressed with the level of customer service, I was slightly confused by what the website was telling me but after a good conversation I think I'm straightend out now. One question I still have is which one 8620 or 1018???

The cast ones (8620) are $50 less than the forged ones (1018), and I find that cast wedges last much longer. If and when I buy my Scratch wedge (once my current LW is sufficiently worn down) I will get the 8620.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the 1018 and it seems to be wearing real nice. For $150 its worth the extra $20-$30 more than the Titelist and Clevelands.ALso I believe you get more grind and loft options with the forged (1018) than the cast(8620) though if you want total customization theres always the custom models which are the 1018 that you get more grind and loft options not to mention color,lettering and paintfill though they are $350.Nice wedges for sure.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

I vote for the 1018's. Very nice wedges.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Scratch wedges are amazing quility!!! Great grinds to.

I would also sugest, the japenese Vokeys or mizzy wedges. Don't get the normal Cast vokeys, make sure you get jap ones!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

def have good customer service
no doubt a good wedge

but i dont think i would order a wedge i could never hold
i have THOUGHT i liked a certain wedge, went to the store to buy it and hated the way it felt and looked at address
plus i replace my wedges every year, so a CUSTOM wedge for one year......can get expensive

my new wedges are money and the idea of being able to replace the face after its worn...for $25 a wedge IS AWESOME
let's hope that TM doesnt disco this wedge tho!! hahhaah! or im back to the drawing board

if you have held one, liked it and want it - then get it
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

but i dont think i would order a wedge i could never hold

This, a thousand times this. I've got a bag full of stuff from eBay secondhand, but I knew exactly what specifications I wanted before I went looking around for stuff. It's the same concept, buying something "blind" because you've been told it's a good piece of kit. I don't doubt for a second that the wedges are insanely good, but I couldn't bring myself to actually buy one.

How are those XFTs?
i always thought that the space between the insert and sole would mess things up

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

How are those XFTs?

if im hitting that space its a mis hit....just like a regular wedge.......but its so flush and flat

they r a nice heavy wedge too......really like them
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Scratch wedges are amazing quility!!! Great grinds to.

Where do you find the japanese models and how are the prices with shippinhg?

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

Where do you find the japanese models and how are the prices with shippinhg?

I think he's talking about the TVD wedges. (they're on the vokey.com)

it's 150 dollars for one without any extra's on it. I made one that went to 225 dollars.....that's a little much for only a sand wedge!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Note: This thread is 4966 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!