IGNORED

I love Scotty Cameron putters, but...

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The fact that you cannot just order replacement headcover straight from Cameron is dumb. Even dumber is the fact that to get a replacement headcover through Cameron, you MUST send you putter to them even if you're not having any additional work done. I don't get it.

Q: Do I have to send my putter in to receive a new grip or headcover? A: Yes, Scotty's Custom Shop was established to service your Cameron putter. The Studio Store was established to sell Cameron Accessories. The only way to acquire shafts, grips or headcovers through Scotty's Custom Shop is to submit your putter for service.

I think that is for the Custom Shop headcovers. Looks like you can order the standard Studio Select one online here: http://www.scottycameron.com/webstor...essories/60890

Unless I'm misreading that or something.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

Ebay is always an option.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think that is for the Custom Shop headcovers. Looks like you can order the standard Studio Select one online here:

You're correct, I was just interested in the Turbo Blue headcover which is a custom shop headcover. The fact still remains that you should not have to send your putter in just to buy a headcover. If you're not having work done on the putter, there's no need to send it in.

Ebay is always an option.

Yeah and people try to sell them for outrageous amounts on there.

I agree it's stupid on their part because they could make more money if they just sold the headcovers (seeing as people would definitely buy them). But honestly, since SC is a "premium" brand, they probably do it to protect their name. They probably don't want every Joe Schmoe putting a SC headcover on their no name putter.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

I agree it's stupid on their part because they could make more money if they just sold the headcovers (seeing as people would definitely buy them). But honestly, since SC is a "premium" brand, they probably do it to protect their name. They probably don't want every Joe Schmoe putting a SC headcover on their no name putter.

Well, that's a good point. They want to ensure the person actually has a cameron putter before they just allow anyone to buy headcovers and then sell them at a premium price. Of course, if they were more readily available, people wouldn't price gouge on eBay for headcovers. However, assuming this is in fact the reason you cannot just buy a headcover from the custom shop, there has to be an easier way to let the buyer prove he's the owner of a Cameron putter? I recently sent my putter back to have the loft and lie adjusted along with a new grip and from the time I sent it off until the time I received it back, it was around six weeks. Really don't want to be without a putter for three pluss weeks just for a headcover.

Oh well, not much can be done but complain about it and suck it up and buy one on ebay for $50 more.

Can't you just pick up a stock cover from any number of sources for less than $20.00 or so? It won't be the "official" cover, but will do the job for which it's intended just fine.

You're correct, I was just interested in the Turbo Blue headcover which is a custom shop headcover. The fact still remains that you should not have to send your putter in just to buy a headcover. If you're not having work done on the putter, there's no need to send it in.

It seems dumb to you because it is a bit inconvenient, but for SC it is smart business. As you said, they can go for outrageous amounts on eBay, but this is because of their rarity. SC has done a masterful job of building up a brand image which has translated to a great business, and they've done this through a combination of quality product, desirability, and rarity. If they allowed anyone to buy headcovers and feed the resale market it would damage some of that brand image they've built up.

Without having you send in the putter, how do they prove ownership? You could be an original purchaser but sold your putter to someone else, and sending in your original reciept or serial number doesn't do anything. And multiple people could send in the same - where does SC draw the line in selling a replacement headcover to an owner? You could just keep requesting a replacement ever few months and toss it on eBay, but that isn't what they want either so having you send in the putter makes it deliberately inconvenient to help curb the speculators. I can't think of a better way for them to control the product and yet still provide the service of replacement parts (like a HC) to the deserved owner.

The fact that you cannot just order replacement headcover straight from Cameron is dumb. Even dumber is the fact that to get a replacement headcover through Cameron, you MUST send you putter to them even if you're not having any additional work done. I don't get it.

Replacement headcovers for most OTR putters can be bought through the Studio Store on

www.scottycameron.com . I bought through the Studio Store a replacement for a Studio Design I purchased used that didn't come with the headcover. The Studio Store is COMPLETELY different than the Custom Shop, but too many people confuse the two. The two have nothing to do with each other.

It seems dumb to you because it is a bit inconvenient, but for SC it is smart business. As you said, they can go for outrageous amounts on eBay, but this is because of their rarity. SC has done a masterful job of building up a brand image which has translated to a great business, and they've done this through a combination of quality product, desirability, and rarity. If they allowed anyone to buy headcovers and feed the resale market it would damage some of that brand image they've built up.

You are right except for your use of the word "replacement" headcover. You can get those directly from Scotty without sending in the putter. What you can't get, and for all the reasons you so accurately illustrated, is the CUSTOM SHOP headcovers. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

You are right except for your use of the word "replacement" headcover. You can get those directly from Scotty without sending in the putter. What you can't get, and for all the reasons you so accurately illustrated, is the CUSTOM SHOP headcovers. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for pointing that out - I meant replacement for a custom or special putter, not an OTR. Anyone can order replacement covers for an OTR Scotty, but it it's Custom Shop there should be a way for SC to distinguish and make sure the cover is only sold to the rightful owner. And I can't think of any way of doing this aside from the inconvient way of sending SC your putter.

I get more pissed that they want me to send my putter back for 30 days to get the red cord grip changed. Then, once you do send it back they have a minimum thats way more than just getting the stock grip re-changed. I already spent like $200 getting my putter changed with paintfill, weighting and my initials engraved so one year later when my grip needs to get changed they want me to basically shell out $40 or whatever the minimum is to get the stock grip put back on there.

I love my Scotty putter but it's just frustrating. I just bought a grip that's supposedly not a pull off ebay so hopefully it will work out.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

It is only for the custom headcovers, and for him it is likely a good business move. What I don't like is how he refuses to make heavier putters for longer shafts. And he won't change length or lie more than a little amount. Again, likely good business decisions for him because a lot of his customers are willing to play the money.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The Studio Store is COMPLETELY different than the Custom Shop, but too many people confuse the two. The two have nothing to do with each other.

I realize that. I'm not looking for a replacement.

And he won't change length or lie more than a little amount. Again, likely good business decisions for him because a lot of his customers are willing to play the money.

He won't change the lie more than a few degrees because of the risk of breaking it.

And I can't think of any way of doing this aside from the inconvient way of sending SC your putter.

That's just it, it's a huge inconvenience. I'm all for sending the putter back for anything else, e.g., weights, grips, etc. Things that you actually need the putter to do. They do not need the putter to send me a headcover. I don't see it as a smart business move either, really. If he'd make the custom covers available, they would end up being just as sought after as his putters are. Every year, a new headcover (with limited quantities) comes out and people would eat it up. Who cares if some guy with a PING putter purchases a Cameron cover? Maybe he just likes to collect them. He would likely see a huge increase in profit by allowing them to be purchases straight from the site. It's idiotic for me to have to pay to send my putter back to them, then pay them $70+ for the headcover and then also pay for them to mail the putter back; which all ends up taking a minimum of six weeks in my experience.

That's just it, it's a huge inconvenience. I'm all for sending the putter back for anything else, e.g., weights, grips, etc. Things that you actually need the putter to do. They do not need the putter to send me a headcover. I don't see it as a smart business move either, really. If he'd make the custom covers available, they would end up being just as sought after as his putters are. Every year, a new headcover (with limited quantities) comes out and people would eat it up. Who cares if some guy with a PING putter purchases a Cameron cover? Maybe he just likes to collect them. He would likely see a huge increase in profit by allowing them to be purchases straight from the site. It's idiotic for me to have to pay to send my putter back to them, then pay them $70+ for the headcover and then also pay for them to mail the putter back; which all ends up taking a minimum of six weeks in my experience.

Buying a "Custom Shop" headcover without sending your putter into the Custom Shop is like buying a Disney World t-shirt online and wearing it even though you've never set foot in the state of Florida. Or it's like putting Cobra badges all over you V6 Mustang. It just doesn't make sense.

Replacement headcovers for most OTR putters can be bought through the Studio Store on

Funny that I stumble upon this thread as I just lost my headcover on the course the other day. Ebay is frusterating and it appears the headcover I need is out of stock at

www.scottycameron.com . Sigh. Any other sites worth checking out?

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Agree 100%. Although dumb, this is just the way it is I guess you could say. What is really bothering me at the moment is that I can't find a black carbon bettinardi putter anywhere in lefty. Guess they were never made :(

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher Comp 9deg
Fairway Woods: Launcher Steel 15deg & 19deg
Irons: MX-23 (3-PW)
Wedge: Vokey Nickel 54deg Wedge: 60deg Putter: White Hot #2 Center Shaft Ball: Pro V1x

Funny that I stumble upon this thread as I just lost my headcover on the course the other day. Ebay is frusterating and it appears the headcover I need is out of stock at

Check the classified section of

www.cameroncollector.com (you'll have to register for the forums to see the classified section if I remember correctly).

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!