IGNORED

Driving Distance

jmr
Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I used to do pretty heavy lifting until a severely strain my rotator cuff. Now I do much light weights with more reps. The best thing about lifting weights is more flexibility and less soreness. A limber swing goes a long way.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 2 months later...
Rather than driving distance it should be driving accuracy. The distance is overated unless it's playable. I have been trying to master the driver for 8 years. Still I struggle with it. Of late I have been 50% of fairways but the misses are sometimes very damaging. I'm 68% overall but that's a combination of lots of other clubs. Anyway I have hit drives that gone high and right about 180 and a few out there above 260 and some respectable 220 is controlled fades.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Distance is everything. But often misused and misapplied. Those that can bomb it have the advantage of hitting a shorter club everywhere on the course. It's more than driver.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Example, a young woman taking a lesson in the stall next to me today was about 5'4" tall and about 110 lbs dripping wet. Today was driver day. Now I'd been hitting mine and I'm working on hitting a higher launch. She'd just made a comment to the instructor that she'd eagled two and birdied the other two par 5s in her tournament over the weekend. She was about 17. She was hitting about a 225 carry (she hit the sign), and these were really crappy balls. I'd say when the new balls go in next week she could add another 25 yds carry. Hitting driver 7 irons on par 5s sure shortens the course.

I know they're bad because when I hit a shag ball out of my bag I added another 20 yds carry.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Started this July after a 25+ year hiatus. Played for a couple years when I was a kid but mainly just went to the driving range. A couple lessons then but mostly self taught. My swing is terrible and beyond repair at this poin, I don't rotate like your supposed to and my arms wrap around my head past parallel but it seems to work for me. Grip is too strong, ball position and address is crap but still I can hit the ball not terribly despite what I'm working with. I've been told I'm very handsy and I think that contributes to my driver inconsistencies. I usually can drive the ball anywhere from a toed hook of around 220 to leaking slice 240 to fairly decent contact 260-275 to a well stuck 290-300+. I measure using my swing by swing apps GPS. Length is good but what I would give to be consistently in the damn fairway Hahahha I usually hit it dead straight or a slight fade when I strike it well. Got a new driver coming that Ifelt very forgiving on demo. Crossing fingers!

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!