IGNORED

Is there a mardier player in golf than Sergio?

FX(TM)
Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I must I am not a big fan of his game but I would be happy to see him win a few tournaments and even one major (why not?!?)...
It's certainly not the new golf genius he was supposed to be when he came on tour but it's sad to see him play like this...

Seriously, does he

Saw the Title of this post and just new it had to be a british post. But in his defence, if you hit it like that and couldn't win how would you feel?

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5º Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5º Diamana Stiff
909F3 18º Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19º Diamana StiffAP2 4 iron  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50º(bent to 52º) 56º54 60ºStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

I know it can't feel good, knowing you could win it at any time, but it's the fact he's being like that, that's losing the competitions.

Ben

A little off subject here. How is it that Sergio is ranked 23 in the world with how he has been playing for over a year. Kenny Perry is 21 and has played way better than Sergio for the last year and a half. I don't know how the rankings work, but it seems that many players are to high or low on the rankings compair to how they've play over the last year. Anyone have any info on this?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

A little off subject here. How is it that Sergio is ranked 23 in the world with how he has been playing for over a year. Kenny Perry is 21 and has played way better than Sergio for the last year and a half. I don't know how the rankings work, but it seems that many players are to high or low on the rankings compair to how they've play over the last year. Anyone have any info on this?

Basically the ranking system works by averaging the amount of ranking points a player has gained per tournament over the previous 2 years. There is a system in place that rewards current form more but it still takes 2 years into consideration so that's why you'll get senarios like the one you mentioned.

Basically the ranking system works by averaging the amount of ranking points a player has gained per tournament over the previous 2 years. There is a system in place that rewards current form more but it still takes 2 years into consideration so that's why you'll get senarios like the one you mentioned.

You would think that a year would be a better judgment for rankings. Even at two years I still don't see how Sergio is ranked so high. The Players Champ. two years ago is the last tournament he has won and he's missed many cuts the last two years. Thanks for the info!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Ive been down on myself before, so i know where Sergio is. You just mentally paralyze yourself. I hope he finds his way through it.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

He can be an entertaining player to watch, so I hope he gets his game together.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First of all, I think he needs to be happier and love playing golf again. He doesn't look happy out there. Also, forget about his putting, he isn't even striking the ball well. He can't win if his ball striking doesn't get better.

His putting is not the biggest problem right now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Why is it that lately I find it fascinating to watch him. You are right, he rarely smiles or looks like he's really having a good time. When he hits it good, or when he hits it bad, I still love watching him.

Plus he makes comments like me:

"Only straight drive I hit all day goes right in the bunker".... yup...

I remember thinking "uh oh" when I watched the post-round press conference after he lost the British Open to Harrington when he said that he has to beat more than just the players, like he also has to beat the universe or destiny or the golfing gods or whatever.
I'm sure we all understand what he is saying, because it does feel like that sometimes, but it simply is not the case, and he needs to be pulled aside and told that that attitude is BS. Does he have anyone around him who would risk getting fired and do it? I know Tiger doesn't.

"That's Golf!"

Why is it that lately I find it fascinating to watch him. You are right, he rarely smiles or looks like he's really having a good time. When he hits it good, or when he hits it bad, I still love watching him.

Classic Sergio, that's his way of saying, "I got screwed".

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!