IGNORED

Greatest Shots ever

ET-Taylor
Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is your opinion on the greatest shot ever maybe vids is you can find one my opinion is either the car park shot (seve ballasteros) or the shot where seve was on his knees and hit a low hook on to the green also seve

Greatest unintentional shot has to go to Vijay for his hole in one at the Masters. For intentional shots, there are just too many to choose from.

« Keith »

i think it would have to be tiger's three wood at st. andrews back in 2000. it was the greatest individual performance in golf history, and by his admission, the three wood in round 3(i believe) from the fairway was the best shot he hit all year. so, you can now close this thread. :)

Y.E. Yang's shot into 18 when he beat Tiger last year. That shot sealed the deal for Y.E. and he was under a high pressure situation which made the shot even better. That's the shot that popped in my head when I read the thread headline. There have been plenty other great shots so it will be hard to argue one over another.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

There's been a lot of great shots in golf... but a couple that stand out belong to Tiger, and one of them is a put.

1) His second shot to the 18th in the 2000 Canadian Open, 218 yards, from a bunker, over water with a 6 iron (the second shot on the video)

2) 2001 Players Championship, his put on 17(the island green) in the 3rd round "better than most"

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Roy McAvoy's 12th stroke on the 72nd hole of the US Open of course!

But seriously, here are a few I can think off right off.

Y.E. Yangs shot on the 72nd at the PGA. 3 Hybrid from 215, over a tree, fade into a crosswind to 8 feet. Not to mention holding off TW to win your first major. Clutch.

Corey Pavins infamous 4 wood from 228 to 5 feet on the 72nd hole of the US Open in '95. I ditched the 3 and 5 wood that year and have carried a 4 wood ever since. :p

Phil's 6 iron from 205 out of the pine needles, between the trees to 8 feet or so at this years Masters.

Tigers chip in on 16 in the 2005 Masters was pretty sick too.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Y.E. Yang's shot into 18 when he beat Tiger last year. That shot sealed the deal for Y.E. and he was under a high pressure situation which made the shot even better. That's the shot that popped in my head when I read the thread headline. There have been plenty other great shots so it will be hard to argue one over another.

LOL great minds think alike. I didn't realize you posted this until I submitted mine

LOL great minds think alike. I didn't realize you posted this until I submitted mine

LOL I hear that. The others you picked were all good also. There are so many I can't remember them all. Another I thought of was that fish hook putt Tiger made a few years back. The one were the Nike logo comes into veiw just as the ball is ready to fall. Another, not in a tournament, was Arnie's Driver off the deck from about 230 to about 10ft a year or two ago. Lots of great shots.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Tiger from the fairway bunker on 18 at Hazeltine, PGA Championship. Tiger says it was his best shot, good enough for me.

The Tiger shot I marvel at that gets overlooked was one he played on #14 at Muirfield Village. Pitch off a severe downhill lie to a super-slick green sloping away from him, toward the creek. TW throws it straight up into the air, lands just on and trickles in. Outrageous.

Others, non-Tiger category:

Mickelson from the straw at the Masters... Nicklaus 1-iron, 71st hole of the 1972 Masters... Jack driving it through the green on 18 at St. Andrews, 1970 Open... Shaun Micheel, PGA at Oak Hill, 72nd hole... YE Yang... All those dudes who holed out to beat Greg Norman...

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

My father just called and at the end of the conversation I asked him what he thought. Without a breath, he said Watson's chip in on #17 at Pebble Beach in the '82 US Open.

Sorry to keep bombing this thread, but I just called my uncle who plays and asked him the question. He mentioned Watson as well. Then he said Larry Mize's chip in the '87 Masters to beat Greg Norman in sudden death.

Co-Sign. That was an incredible shot.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

LoL... that is an awesome feat. I hope to get a double eagle once in my life.

BTW, you put a few too many digits in the odds. It's actually 3.4 billion to 1...... still astonomical either way

Tiger's chip on 16 Masters Sunday 2005
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Chen's double Eagle in the '85 US Open.
Gene Sarazen's double eagle in the '35 Masters. I remember it well. I'm 107 years old!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Harringtons fairway bunker shot from I believe last years pga championship on a really long par 5, 302 yards away and he got it on the green, not sure what club he used but I was amazed he was able to reach and get the ball to stick on the green about 15 ft away or so. If he had only made the putt. Watsons approach shot on 18 in the 77 british open at turnberry, 178 yards away with a 7 iron tied with Jack and able to hit it to 4 feet and make birdie to win, especially after Jack made a very long birdie putt seconds before to force Watson to make the putt to avoid a playoff. Maybe not the hardest shot but head to head with Jack in his prime pressure on that shot had to be immense.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Tiger's chip on 16 Masters Sunday 2005

+1. In terms of the skill required, the backdrop of The Masters back nine on Sunday, and the suspense of the ball having barely one revolution left.

Titleist 909D Comp 10.5º
Titleist 906F2 15º
Titleist 585.H 19º
Titleist 710 AP1 4-PW
Callaway X-Forged 52º, 56º, 60ºTitleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!