IGNORED

Need some help

Note: This thread is 5092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Last year I was hitting my driver very well, I would typically have about a 9i, PW, or SW left to the green on most par 4's after the tee shot. I've played about 7 or 8 times this year and have lost anywhere from 30-50 yards on the driver. My ball flight has been higher than usual and I've been hitting more of a slice. Also, my irons have lost distance. I hit a 5i today on a 190 yard par 3 and came up about 10 yards short. Last season I would have put that on the green easily. Any ideas or suggestions as to what I may be doing.

In My Bag:
Cobra HS9 10.5
Titleist 980F 3 wood
Cobra FP 4-SW
Cleveland 57 SWRife Antigua Island Series putterMizuno Stand Bag

I think that you are opening your clubface at contact. This will explain the higher ball flight, the increased slice and the loss of yards on all your clubs. The open clubface on your driver will cause more sidespin which will slice, as well it increases the loft which will increase backspin, which increases ball flight and decrease roll and distance. Same with your irons, if you open your 5i at contact, it will play more like a 6i, and explain why you left it short. My opinion. Clubface open.

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

Ok thanks! I thought that was what I was doing but now my question is how do I fix it because it's very frustrating!

In My Bag:
Cobra HS9 10.5
Titleist 980F 3 wood
Cobra FP 4-SW
Cleveland 57 SWRife Antigua Island Series putterMizuno Stand Bag

if you have the club-face open at impact your wrists are doing something, What i was told is to start by putting your left arm and club in a straight line. Put your club inline with your left foot. (remember straight arm and wrist!) then move your shoulder and put the club-face behind the ball. Now it should be in 1 long line from the ball to you shoulder. this helped me, because i had the same problem as you!

Driver: Hippo Hex2, HL
980F 3, 5 wood
X-Forged Irons, 3-Pw
50 deg wedge
58 deg wedge Futura putter PTS carry golf balls Green-joys

Note: This thread is 5092 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!