IGNORED

single golfer

wildcorndog
Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first guess would be the golf course.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

The driving range for sure.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

There might be some sort of anti-golf influence with estrogen. For instance, my own significant other is the one who encouraged me to take up the game... yet now issues reflexive complaints whenver I actually play it.

Suffice to say, they're odd creatures.

Currently in my bag:  Under Revision

College golf team. LSU should have at least one or two that fit the order. Go practice where they practice.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

There are some really nice ads on late at night......the women are so friendly, and they are just waiting for you to call.....they like everything, even golf....

When I was single, I think I remember a couple of golf dating sites that were up.....do a google search.....I never used either of them, but it's worth a shot....

there is a site called meetup.com - not hookup.com. you can enter your interests and join groups of people who share that interest. My wife and I joined a dachshund lovers group and that worked out. Helped us meet a few nice folks and some dog parks since we were new to town. Anyways there are golf groups too, just remember it isn't a dating site.

You may be better off meeting someone with their own separate hobbies. This means that while you golf, they do x-y-z and are happy about it. Just a thought.

Swing - Mulligan - Repeat

American Singles Golf Association

This will be my second year, been pretty good as they negotiate great rates at good courses locally and nationally. Older crowd at my local chapter.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Where can a guy find a gal that likes to have fun and play golf?

I saw a girl at the range last week that looked like Natalie Gulbis with brown hair. Gave me a reason to hit

another bucket of balls. Found out later that she was only 17 and that about ended our conversation.....damn the girls these days lol

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you find one, good luck!
You may have to settle with a "gal who puts up with you playing golf" though -- even those aren't always easy to find! And if you've ever considered joining a private club, if you can swing the $$, do it BEFORE getting serious or married, and certainly before kids. Once you find your lady, it's easier to keep the club membership "grandfathered in" then to try to justify the a new purchase. (i.e. "you want to spend how much? to spend that much time apart?")

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

You may be better off meeting someone with their own separate hobbies. This means that while you golf, they do x-y-z and are happy about it. Just a thought.

I second this. It'd be cool if my wife wanted to come out and play sometimes, but a little time to do my own thing is nice too. My wife's taken up painting so when I go play I come home to a happy wife with a new painting started :)

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

• 4 years later...

This is an old topic, but I met my fiance (she's a golf nut as well) through the American Singles Golfers Association (ASGA).  Any single golfers (men or women) should check this out.  There are local chapters (I'm part of the DC chapter) and each Chapter hosts golf events throughout the year.  You always play with a different person every week you play.  Almost always guy/girl in each cart.  They also have national events (Pinehurst in May is one I'm going to), they are going to Hawaii in March and they always go to the Ritz-Carlton in Florida right after the New Year.  They went to Scotland last year as well.

You can meet plenty of other singles who like to play golf and you have 4 plus hours with them in a cart on the course to see what they are like.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I should have read all of the posts, someone already mentioned the ASGA

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I had to infect my wife with this golfing affliction all on my own.  Apparently I've done a good job, we now own a condo in Pinehurst and go there a couple of times every year.  We both have been to Scotland and Ireland for golf, volunteered at 4 US Opens, and plan to play Whistling Straits and Blackwolf Run in June.  Even better, she finally beat me straight up last summer.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 3353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!