IGNORED

TaylorMade R7 or TaylorMade Burner Plus

Note: This thread is 5090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I am in the market for a new set of clubs and went to my local stores and hit so many brands and models I have lost track.

In my price range though two models by TaylorMade really stood out to me.

The R7 and the Burner Plus. I cant decide so I wanted to see if you all had any opinions? Both are GolfDigest Hot List clubs and both have good reviews online although the R7 seems to have more reviews but they are older.

I hit each for about an hour each today and I could not tell a difference between the two and both are at the same price point locally.

Golf Digest Burner Link:
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equip...?currentPage=2

Golf Digest R7 Link:
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equip...otlistirons_gi

The Burner plus iron are likely no better than the R7's. Also I think the plus irons are more offset than the R7's. I have the R7's and really like them. If it were me I'd save some money and go with the R7's. I think RBG has them for 329$. http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/taylor...irons-set.html . Here's the link to RBG for the R7's. Best price I've seen for legit R7's. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Thanks.. I can get the R7's at my local GolfSmith for $299+Tax. I can get the Burners online for $319 with no shipping or tax and thus the cost is a wash by the time I add tax to the R7's.

I have the R7 Draw irons and I think they're pretty decent. They have a solid feel on the sweet spot and let you know when you hit them off the toe/heel without losing to much distance. They are my 1st true brand name clubs so I don't have much to compare them to except no name generic "clone" clubs and between the two, the R7's are awesome! I haven't hit the Burner Plus though so I have no opinion on those.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
What I play...
Driver - Burner Draw
Fairway - FY-Brid 3 Wood
Hybrid - Burner Rescue 19*Irons - R7 Draw 4-SW/LWWedge - CG14 Black 50*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - TP RedBag - Stand Bag=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

also, the burner plus is for a higher handicapper, the R7's are for the midrange player. R7's all the way!

Driver: Hippo Hex2, HL
980F 3, 5 wood
X-Forged Irons, 3-Pw
50 deg wedge
58 deg wedge Futura putter PTS carry golf balls Green-joys

I tried Burner plus irons out for fun at a demo night, even though I would never consider buying them.
the R7's have much less offset and are designed for a Mid hanicapper on the other hand burner plus is designded for a high handicap.

Id say r7's!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I would consider myself a mid to high handicapper. My last recorded handicap was 2 years ago and I was a 15 then. Since I have only played a few times and I am sure the handicap is greater than 15. I now have time to play a couple times a week and want to upgrade my clubs as my current iron set is about 10 years old.

The Burner Plus are a larger club. I would go with the R7's but that's just me.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks.. I can get the R7's at my local GolfSmith for $299+Tax. I can get the Burners online for $319 with no shipping or tax and thus the cost is a wash by the time I add tax to the R7's.

Great buy on both sets....RBG is usually cheaper than most but not this time. What site has the Burners for 319$. Sounds really cheap and could be fake. Just a thought. Go with the R7's !!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Don't rule out the Tour Burners if you find them. I shoot low 90's and I hit these better than any super game improvement iron I could find to demo.

I'll second the tour burner,awesome clubs all the way....if not R7

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Note: This thread is 5090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!