IGNORED

best putters?

Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im thinking about maybe getting a new putter. Im not looking for one that is expensive, if i can find one used that would be sweet.

but im just looking for an all around good putter. thats pretty cheap

right now i have a odyssey white hot wedge putter but im not having to much luck with it

also im looking to try one of the putters where there is just a straight shaft attached to it if you know what i mean

BAG:Nike ExtremeSport 2
DRIVERTaylormade R11
WOODAdamsgolf Insight
IRONSMizuno MX-100's
WEDGEPing 60 & Mizuno MP R Series 56 PUTTERSeemore FGPLOWEST 9:36LOWEST18:74

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland Classics are very good putters for pretty cheap. So are the Ping Karsten series putters.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The cleveland putters are solid. I looked at those heavily before deciding on the rife antigua. Just look around and find the one you feel comfortable with

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

The cleveland putters are solid. I looked at those heavily before deciding on the rife antigua. Just look around and find the one you feel comfortable with

I've actually got a free Cleveland BRZ putter coming to me soon. It has an insert so it might be a little different but I'll provide an update.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have an older model, but I'm looking into a Never Compromise GM2 Exchange Putter #6 or the #8. For $60 new, they are sweet and I like the face and weight.
Link here --> http://equipment.golf.com/golf/clubs...d-1005420.aspx . But Golfsmith has them for $60 and 2nd swing has them for $50

I compared them to a $300 putter yesterday......I'm getting the #8!

I've recently picked up an Odyssey 2-ball SRT putter with the stainless steel face insert... more on a whim than anything.

I love the feel and distance control of my Scotty Cameron, but have come to realize that my current alignment over the is awful, and I'm not ashamed to admit it was costing me several strokes. So I'm experimenting a bit here.

Within 4 rounds of playing the 2-ball, my confidence in putts under 10 feet has gone through the roof and I've shaved a few strokes off of my round, easy.

I know they make a center-shafted model (no neck or bend at hosel) if that is what you are after.

Remember, there is nothing wrong with have a few putters to rotate in and out of your bag.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

The best Putter ive ever used/had is the Mizuno Bettinardi, C series 01 putter. I don't think I will ever replace it!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

For a decent priced putter, the Rossa Core Classics are nice. I picked up one on sale and it has replaced my Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter. Solid feel on it and looks good.

I did use a Method Putter, I like them they do roll very well! Just to soft of fell for me.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

For a good putter for a good price... I agree, there are these Cleveland putters that are currently available. I forget what they care called, but have a red grip and a milled face. They should only cost you around $80 and are more then worth it for that price.
If you enjoy an oversized putter, the Spider putter by taylormade has been more then popular, and you can get the original for $99. If you have issues opening the face through impact, checking out the Spider might be a good idea.
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 (VooDoo shaft)
Woods: Titleist 909 D3 (15 deg, VooDoo shaft)
Hybrids: Mizuno MX700 (20 deg)
Irons: Titleist ZB (4-pw)
Wedge:
Titleist Vokey 52°, 56°, 60°Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NewportPutter Cover: Scotty Cameron 2009 Cupid Dog -WhiteBalls: Srixon Z-Star

I'd suggest going to every golf shop or sporting goods store you can find and just try as many as you can find. They're very personal, and just because one is popular doesn't mean you'll be able to putt worth a damn. I came across an old used Wilson blade today for $29 and just about picked it up because it felt pretty good, but I still want to look around a bit more to see what's out there.

And I just gotta say I don't think the Camerons have any place in a thread looking for inexpensive putters.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I'd suggest going to every golf shop or sporting goods store you can find and just try as many as you can find. They're very personal, and just because one is popular doesn't mean you'll be able to putt worth a damn. I came across an old used Wilson blade today for $29 and just about picked it up because it felt pretty good, but I still want to look around a bit more to see what's out there.

Thread title is "best putters?" no?

Not "best inexpensive putters" yes?

Thread title is "best putters?" no?

Yes, that's the title, but the OP indicated he was looking for inexpensive options.

In the bag:

Yeah, the jerk owes me $10.

Actually, no, but with all the dedicated SC threads around I was hoping to see the more affordable options get some air time.

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 4735 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!