IGNORED

What ball?

Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Theres so many brands it can be difficult to choose a ball..

I havent a fast swing,i use Regular shafts as adviced by my club pro.

What is a good ball...??

id like to find a ball/brand and stick with it...

lately its been pro v1,i use to play nike platinum,ive tried TM TP red and TM burner....???

what about titleist nxt tour????

a medium priced ball thats good distance yet a good feel around the greens...is what im after...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

I've never been a stickler about balls. Sure it would be nice to be able to hit v1x's all the time but fact of the matter is, my swing dictates where the ball goes, not the ball. I've been using TM TP Red for the most part and I'm happy with the price and overall quality.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

I agree the swing does dictate the direction of the ball,but the ball does help distance and performance ..i dont want top of the range v1s, i dont see the point in 12 balls for £30 its a ripoff...

09 Hybrid #3 R/19

I agree. dozen for $50-60 USD is a bit much for me. The question is...do the high end premium balls in that range have a $30 worth of benefit to them? I can't say they do for me.

A dozen for $30 such as the Titleist NXT, TM Red, etc do just about everything good enough for me to stick with them. I think there's a good balance between quality balls and POS balls.
I once was gifted a box of golf balls from a coworker of mine, it was some brand I'd never heard of, and it was a pack of 30 balls or so for less than $20. Stuck around in my garage for awhile but decided to give it a shot and the inconsistency in the ball was horrible. 1 out of 5 would have a decent feel to them but for the most part, I was losing 20 yards on my drive, some too soft, some oddly hard, and i couldn't generate the right spin on green when needed. The rest of the balls rolled around on my carpet for putting practice until I tossed them out :)

Go walk your course and look for a few golf balls?

you'll find plenty of different golf balls and you can test them out later.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Go walk your course and look for a few golf balls?

No offence but that is what i dont want to do,my golf buddies are always fishing balls out of the ponds and there so pleased when they get a load,it bugs the hell out of me...most of them are cheap balls,others are so chaffed and marked up there best off at the bottom of that pond...

09 Hybrid #3 R/19

No offence but that is what i dont want to do,my golf buddies are always fishing balls out of the ponds and there so pleased when they get a load,it bugs the hell out of me...most of them are cheap balls,others are so chaffed and marked up there best off at the bottom of that pond...

Never said to fish balls out of the lake.

just take a stroll and find some golf balls. Unless your playing at a cheap course you'll find a good few pro V's

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Theres so many brands it can be difficult to choose a ball..

Hiya Woodz, for a Titleist ball use this chart for distance with your average swing speed, as for feel that's of course up to you and your skill, hope this helps, good luck man Pro V1x...95 to 105+ swing speed matches Pro V1...84 to 96 NXT Tour...76 to 82 DT So/Lo...66 to 74 NXT...66 to 72

Hiya Woodz, for a Titleist ball use this chart for distance with your average swing speed, as for feel that's of course up to you and your skill, hope this helps, good luck man

that's not right.

A lot of pro's play with the V1 and they have SS of 110+ just because price goes down doesn't mean compressions goes down

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

I use top flite. They have always done me right. I get some free $35 a dozen titleist balls and I can't hit those as far as the cheapy $10 a dozen top flite. Just my $0.02

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

that's not right.

LOL, James I think you've missed the point here, if you have 110+ SS you can play any ball you like for feel and distance, if you have a 66mph SS a ProV1x is not going to fully compress, but you can with a DT So/Lo...66 to 74 or NXT...66 to 72 , you understand now? it has nothing to do with price

From what I've heard, you have to be a pretty good golfer to realize the benefits of the ProV1x. Have you visited the Bridgestone Golf website? they have a nice online ball fitter that might help. Also, LostGolfBalls.com has some sample packs for a reasonable rate. I ordered one of these a while back, you get 12 balls total, 4 different types. Its a nice way to audition a ball. I'm down to either the Bridgestone E6+ or Srixon TriSpeed. Both seem to be a really good fit for my game. I'm also testing out the Top-Flite Gamer (picked up a dozen at Target recently for under $15).

Driver: Taylormade Burner 2008 TP
3 Wood: Adams Insight BUL 3W
7 Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 7W
3 Hybrid Cobra Baffler DWS 3H
Irons: Taylormade RAC LT2 3-pw

Wedges: Taylormade RAC 52*, Cleveland CG14 56* Putter: Taylormade Monza Spider Ball TP Red LDP

I really like the Bridgestone balls, I've been playing the e5+, only about $25/dozen

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I personally believe that 100 yds and in are important, so I want to be able to spin the ball, and a softer ball like the V1 work well for me.
There isn't a HUGE difference in distance, but spin is another matter entirely.

You can buy QUALITY Mint condition/Used balls at a place like lostballs.com for as much as garbage balls new, and most of the ones you get are in pretty much brand new condition.
I don't buy new balls, a waste of $ IMO.

Honestly-most golfers, which includes most golfers here, aren't swinging the club in a way that an expensive ball benefits them, and if anything, it hurts. Nearly all the premium balls are higher spin, and require faster swings to fully compress. Unless you're swinging relatively quickly, and hitting the ball straight, the ProV1 or Nike Tour or TP Black, etc. is detrimental to your game. I've been a 20 handicap, and I play primarily with guys who are 20 and 30 cappers, and you're not hitting all your shots straight or hitting a lot of greens at that level. You should be playing a ball that helps minimize sidespin and maximizes distance.

Honestly-most golfers, which includes most golfers here, aren't swinging the club in a way that an expensive ball benefits them, and if anything, it hurts. Nearly all the premium balls are higher spin, and require faster swings to fully compress. Unless you're swinging relatively quickly, and hitting the ball straight, the ProV1 or Nike Tour or TP Black, etc. is detrimental to your game. I've been a 20 handicap, and I play primarily with guys who are 20 and 30 cappers, and you're not hitting all your shots straight or hitting a lot of greens at that level. You should be playing a ball that helps minimize sidespin and maximizes distance.

Exactly my point....my swing and game in general doesnt need a high spin premium ball....there has beeen two balls mentioned that i might try,the NXT Tour and the topflight gamer...

09 Hybrid #3 R/19

so my local range was having a ball fitting day by Bridgestone so I gave it a try.

Looks like I'm averaging 113mph swing speed and quite a bit of back spin and averaging roughly 260 yards. The ball they recommended? Bridgestone E6. I gave it a try and I definitely like the soft feel of it. Can't quite tell the distance or control benefits of it yet having only hit a few but I learned more about myself today than I have in the past 8 years of golfing.

Exactly my point....my swing and game in general doesnt need a high spin premium ball....there has beeen two balls mentioned that i might try,the NXT Tour and the topflight gamer...

NXT Tour is a good ball, but at least $10 more than you need to spend. Gamer spins just as much and flies just as far, for $20. Srixon AD333 is another great ball at the $20 price point. I frequently play with the Top Flite D2 Feel, which is $15 for 15 balls, has good pop off the driver, and checks up nicely around the greens.

Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!