IGNORED

Hitting a soft fade with the 2

DBake
Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have been hitting the ball excellent the last few time at the range. Get their do some stretching, pull out the PW, 8, 6, 4. Than I get to the 2 iron and seem to be hitting a soft fade (220 yds). Could it be the I am setting my 2 iron to far up in my stand causeing this fade because all my other shots are right in line with my target?
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I haven't carried a 2 iron in 15 years. But a soft fade from a club used to make sure you hit the fairway on short par 4s, or the green on long par 3s,4s, short par 5s a soft fade sounds ideal. After all how often do you really try to draw a wedge? If you can count on it use it.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I haven't carried a 2 iron in 15 years. But a soft fade from a club used to make sure you hit the fairway on short par 4s, or the green on long par 3s,4s, short par 5s a soft fade sounds ideal. After all how often do you really try to draw a wedge? If you can count on it use it.

Yeah but I am a soft draw type of guy.

DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

I'm considering putting my 2i back and taking out my 5w...

What's In The Bag
Driver: TM Burner stiff
3i Cleveland Hibore Hybrid
3-6: MX-23
7-PW: MP-60 Project X 5.5SW: Golden Bear hybridLW/GW Cleveland 60* and Tour Edge 50*Putter: two bar rifle malletBall: NXT TourHome Course: Raintree CC 70.7/126 North 71/130 Southhttp://stink.net

• 2 weeks later...
I'm in the same boat. With all of my other irons I hit draws very consistently, but I couldn't hit a draw with my 2 iron to save my life. My 2 iron is either fairly straight or a soft fade, the miss is a bad fade with a lot of left to right ball flight. I tend to do the same thing with my driver.

What's odd is that my 2 iron is much longer or less lofted than my 3 iron, or so it seems.

I wouldn't really care much about the 2 iron fade but when I don't hit the fade I get an extra 15 - 20 yards so hitting to a green causes problems.

you may not necessarily do anything different with your 2, but the fact that it is a longer club with less loft makes it harder to get through the ball.

What I did with my 2 iron, is cut it down to the same length as my 3 iron so I can get through it a little better and control it. I now hit my 2 iron about 225 (instead of 230 with the longer shaft), but I can actually control it, and keep that sneaky fade out.

That's not a bad idea, cutting down the 2-iron. I noticed this weekend that my 2-iron has a nasty bend on the shaft starting about two inches below the bottom of the grip. I think it's from a time when I hit a rock when hitting the club out of the desert some time ago, just never noticed it till now.

Note: This thread is 6408 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!