IGNORED

Tell us about your best golf day ever

golfro
Note: This thread is 5083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Reading the "How it all began" thread got me thinking about golfing with my dad. I have a hand full of stories that I always tell my friends when it comes to golf. Memories that will last a life time. Share your stories here:

When I was 19, I had gone back to Oregon to visit my parents and decided to golf the course my dad and I came to love, Langdon Farms. I grew up on this course and came to love every single hole. The day started off just right. mid 70's, sunny, not a single breeze of wind and the green was just right.

If you've played this course before, you know that Langdon Farms is very well kept and beautiful. So we started off with a little warm up and everything was going right. Irons are hitting right, driver was blasting off and my short game was playing amazing, and all with that, my confidence was off the roof.

We started off well and I was playing the usual. Par here, par there, a couple bogies thrown in, double bogie or two. The most memorable holes however was a par 3 that I hit a 6 iron and put the ball not more than 5 ft from the hole, short put and birdie. Par 5, 280 yards with driver right on fairway, and another 220 yards put me right on the green with a 10 ft putt. Another short putt and put an eagle on my card. A short par 4, I hit a driver roughly 270 yards or so and was left with about 80 yards. Grabbed a SW and hit it high. Ball landed about 10 feet past the hole and what does it do? Roll right back straight into the hole for another eagle. 18 holes later, I ended up shooting 2 under and broke my own record. To this day, this was by far the most memorable day I've had in golf. Dad shot a 78 and had an amazing day and we still talk about this day today.

We live thousands of miles apart now but we make it a priority to golf together whenever we can. Just about the best golfing partner to have.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Playing a British Open Championship course, standing on the tee of the 14th (signature hole) links golf at its best, nice day great friends & simply thinking "Its gonna be pretty hard beating this".

15 years ago, still best golf day...(sighs)

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

We live thousands of miles apart now but we make it a priority to golf together whenever we can. Just about the best golfing partner to have

. Amen to that,I don't care how badly I play when I am playing with my Dad I just love playing Golf with him,I am 31 now and he is 65 and I dread the day he isn't around to play Golf with,I don't think I would have the same passion for it if he wasn't around to play the odd game with.

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Great story. My favorite playing partner is my father as well.

My local course is a 9 hole Muni that is totally forgettable. It has no sand, water comes in to play on only 2 holes (and one of those requires a really bad shot to go into the water) To be honest, thinking back on the courses that I have had the privealge to play, this is probably considered a dog track. But, I love it, it has always challenged me, and it is the course by which I measure my game. Last year I was playing an early AM round only 1 day after taking a lesson. The course isn't tough but it is fairly long (3300 from the whites) so it does demand a good drive off the tee if you want to get home in two. I ended up shooting a 43, which to this day is the still the best score I have had on that course. It was the first time that I broke the bogey golf barrier and it was one of those rounds that I hope to never forget.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

You know....I don't have a "best day." I've never had a round where everything just came together for me. I might have a few great shots, one amazing shot, maybe there's a round where my putting is on fire, or my short game is just on.... or...at best I'll have a solid front or back 9.....but I have yet to have that day where everything just came together for the entire round.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Two rounds of golf were my best days, they had the same score, both were 18 holes, 2 over par. I hit double digit GIR's in both rounds. One of the rounds i had 7 looks at birdie on the front nine and i finish with an up and down from hitting it in the water to finish 2 over par.

My best 9 holes ever was 2 under par, i bogeyed my first hole, then came back with all pars and three birdies.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shooting 4 under on 1 Nine .

However , it will be the best day if i can get a hole in one . Still waiting for the day to come . SIGH !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

I will start with the day I came back to the course I used to play. In August of the last year, I move to another state to play everyday, so I stop going to that course. On December I went to play it again and played very poorly... shoot an 85 and I was quite sad. On January the second of 2010 I went again to play, and my plan was to play as I feel comfortable. I was -1 at the 5th hole, had a birdie putt but 3-putted, so I was at Par, not bad, still playing good but some bad putts made me finish +2 the first nine. Never hit that before, the back nine were good too, missed some birdies and made just one bogey to finish +1 and a 75 for the day. I was very happy with that, before that my lower score was 80.

Then a couple weeks ago, at the course I'm playing right now, the fisrt nine were a rush... we started playing at number 6, made a birdie, then at 7 had a 3 footer for birdie and missed it, at 8 for birdie the ball touched the lip of the hole but didn't enter, at 9 my approach for birdie hit the flag and went out... at the fisrt hole made another birdie, everything is good -2. Then at the 2nd I made a 3 putt and that destroyed my round, the 3rd hole is an easy birdie hole made par, par par to finish -1 the front nine. Then the back nine started ok... 15 - par, 16 - par, 17 - par, 18 - birdie, 10 - par,11 - par, at the 12 I almost made an eagle and then at the 13 I almost hole-out from 170 yards! Finished with -3 the back nine, I was really happy how that ended.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Younger days my best golf day ever was breaking 80 on a fun course with great firends. That was surpassed two weeks ago by playing a par 3, nine hole course with my son for his first round of golf. My best golf day until I am 6 feet under will be any day on the course with him.

Driver - FT-iQ
4 Wood - G10
Irons - MX-200
Wedges - 52,56,60
Putter - Bettinardi Ball - ProV1Bag - HooferMy Course - Magnolia Creek Golf Links

One crazy day last year I had three birdies on the front and three birdies on the back, and no bogeys...

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My best day was a few years ago when my friend and I played 9 holes of best ball against two of the kids who worked at our local course (I had just started playing earlier that summer and these kids assumed I would suck, since they had been playing their whole lives and were about the same age). We played for $2 per hole plus an extra $1 for sandies, greenies, and birdies, and we swept them for something like $23 each! Two holes stood out and I still remember them vividly, haha: 1.) We tied the first 3 holes, and then I made about a 60 foot putt on the par 3 4th hole to win the first four holes plus a greenie and a birdie (it's a tough hole and everyone else missed the green). 2.) On the last hole (my friend and I had won or tied every hole prior), my friend hit his drive OB, so it came down to me versus the other two guys alone (I actually remember one the guys saying "ok, now you let's see if you can do it yourself" or something, haha). I hit a good drive, but I left my approach short and right in a bunker. One of the other guys missed the green, and the other guy was on the green about 15-20 feet from the hole. I walked up to my ball and saw that it was a terrible buried lie, so I looked to be pretty screwed. I took my pitching wedge and figured I would try to gouge the ball out with a hard swing. It came out pretty darn well and left me about 20 feet away, just outside of my opponent. At this point, I got this awesome feeling about how great it would be if I drained this putt to prevent them from winning a single hole, and I made a good read and drained the putt! The kid was so rattled that he ended up three-putting, and his friend made a bogey, too.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Younger days my best golf day ever was breaking 80 on a fun course with great firends. That was surpassed two weeks ago by playing a par 3, nine hole course with my son for his first round of golf. My best golf day until I am 6 feet under will be any day on the course with him.

Can't wait until my son can get out and play (he's only 10 weeks old now), that will certainly be my greatest day as well. My grandfather taught my dad to golf, and my dad taught me. We play together probably twice a week, and are both about the same skill level. Definitely my best memories on the course are with my dad, my best round (80) was shot with my dad there which makes it more special. I just hope my son ends up a better golfer than me, since I'm not all that great, haha

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

my best golf day was standing on the first tee after a 6½ year layoff from health, no better feeling in the world and you know what, I didn't care if I shot 10 under or 150...

Bag
Adams Redline
Adams 3,5 Woods
Ping Zing 2
SaddlesPutter - Icon III

Note: This thread is 5083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!