IGNORED

What brand of golf ball do you use?

Note: This thread is 5054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What brand of golf ball do you use?

• Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Srixon
    • Nike
    • Wilson
    • TaylorMade
    • Bridgestone
    • Pinnacle
    • Other

Lets see what the real #1 ball in golf really is.....vote please

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used a few different balls (ProV, Nike Tour Accuracy, and more recently, the Nike SFT). I basically switched to bridgestone because of the commercials on the golf channel, and their philosophy of "just becuase it's used on tour doesn't mean you should use it" made sense to me. So i did the online fitting and chose the e6.

I played with it for the first time this weekend and did not lose a ball all day (I will typically lose 1 or 2). Also it had a great feel (to me) with my putts. I tihnk I'll stick to the bridgestones for a while.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I prefer to use Titleist....but it I pick up a Bridgestone, I def put it in the bag.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I switch between the Bridgestone E6, Nike One Tour, and Noodle Softest ball.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Always used Titleist really. Before it was Pro V1, because I got them used and cheap from Ebay and didn't spend too much time considering which ball to use. Today I want to use Pro V1x, as I like it's characteristics better. I'm also going to give the TM Penta a go. Still, I often lose so many balls each round that I don't use new balls. I still got a bunch of used Pro V1s and random balls like Wilson, Top-Flite, Bridgestone etc. When I ever get so consistent that I don't have to worry about losing balls worth $20 during one round, I will play whe balls I like best.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

For when a round really counts I use either the Titleist ProV1, the Taylor Made TP Red, or the Taylor Made PentaTP. When I am just practicing I use either the Top Flite Gamer or the Titleist DT SoLo.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

For when a round really counts I use either the Titleist ProV1, the Taylor Made TP Red, or the Taylor Made PentaTP. When I am just practicing I use either the Top Flite Gamer or the Titleist DT SoLo.

Played my last two rounds with a Wison Eco Core - same ball - it's getting pretty scuffed up, so I'll put a new one in play next time.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Top flite D2 feels. About $1 a ball and I like the way it feels off the putter, and it gives me the most consistant performance around the course.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Used to be diehard Titleist but tried 'em all and prefer Srixon.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I mostly use Top Flite XL7000's but have a few Wilsion Prostaffs.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Bridgestone for me; currently B330 RX or RX S. Like the ProV1 but baulk at price. Need to try new Wilson FG Tour. Incidentally, if you can get them the Pinnacle Exception is an excellent ball for the money; very, very like the NXT Tour to use in my hands.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

It always surprises me how many high handicappers play Titleist Pro V1. Prov1's have a rather thin shell but a fairly high compression core which leaves for most slower swing speed guys to not really get much of an advantage with the ball. The benefits of the Pro V1 comes when you have a fast swing speed. The soft shell enables for great spin control which not to offend anyone but not a lot of high h'cappers have.

I swing at 113mph average and even at that swing speed I've had many guys say I'm better off playing a softer compression ball.

do you guys actual feel the benefit of the Pro V1 at that price? I always thought so but after doing some ball fitting with the Bridgestone guys and after hitting literally dozens of diffrent balls models, I was surprised to find the distance and control I was getting with the Bridgestone E6.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Playing a Titleist NXT Tour now but Bridgestone makes some great balls.

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

My current ball is the Nike One Tour D. Sam's club had them for $12.91/dz. Then I will decide between the Nike One Tours I have in the basement(also $12.91/dz) and Taylormade TP Reds also in the basement. You needed a poll where we could pick multiples.

Note: This thread is 5054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!