IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First off, sorry for the quality of the cinematography. Cell phone on top of range bucket on top of plastic chair.

Still, definitely a learning experience. Had no idea I was quite so bald, or that I absolutely had to make a grumpy face in order to hit a driver. The constant sniffing we can blame on the crazy juniper pollen today.

On the actual golf side, I'm a decent driver of the ball in terms of direction: Last 10 rounds: 74% fairways hit, 12% missed left, 14% missed right -- but way shorter off the tee (
Your comments gratefully received.

PS: Commentary relates solely to flight on target line. Certainly not claiming perfection in any comprehensive regard!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Videos are set to private at Youtube, so we can't see them.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Well that sucks. Please be patient, production difficulties.

And I think that's taken care of it?

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I can see the videos now.

Way, way, way, way, way too flat.

Whats in my Four5....

10.5 degree R7 460
Great Big Bertha 3W
Bazooka Geo Max 3H MP-32 3 - PW 588 Raw Tour Grind 52 degree 588 Raw Tour Grind 56 degree BC1

Just a bit flat, then?

So, any tips on, um, getting it up?

Stretch.

Not from me. I'm one of those who can see whats wrong, but have no idea on a good way to fix it. I'd just screw you up worse if I tried.
  • Upvote 1

Whats in my Four5....

10.5 degree R7 460
Great Big Bertha 3W
Bazooka Geo Max 3H MP-32 3 - PW 588 Raw Tour Grind 52 degree 588 Raw Tour Grind 56 degree BC1

you have no knee flex
your hunched over the ball
your swing is very flat and mostly all hands.

I would like to see you have more knee flex, and less hunched over. a good drill is to stand straight up, then bend at the hip first, till your weight is on your toes, then bend at the knees to stabalize yourself back onto the balls of your feet. you should be able to have someone push you slightly with out falling over.

Your grip actually looks really good, good job on that, very neutral, good start to the swing. When you get in a good golf posture you want to have to do is just rotate your shoulders around your spine. The shoulder turn should naturally bring your weight to the right side. Then just unload back to the left, rotating to your left side. With your grip, your hands should naturally rotate through the ball. If you are hooking the ball, then you need to quiet the hands through impact.

Equiptment question, your 6'7", are you swinging over sized clubs or standard length?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Do you play baseball Stretch?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

The driver is a 46" shaft and my irons are +1-1/2. But it does still look a bit like a pitch shot, doesn't it?

Stretch.

Looks like you weren't balanced on one of them. The first video from behind you actually rocked forward toward the ball before you swung, to the point that it made you ground your driver.

Maybe a bit more knee flex and a steady footing?

taylormade.gif R9 460 9.5* Stiff
cobra.gif Baffler 2h
 JPX 800 Pro 4-PW  *New! eBay gamble paid off!*
cleveland.gif CG14 52* /  MP T-10 56* /  callaway.gif Vintage Tour X Wedge 60*

taylormade.gif Spider Ghost /  Z Star Yellow

This picture helped me a lot in regards to swing plane...turn as if your shoulders moved along the bottom of the imaginary board leaning against your shoulders.

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

• Administrator
This picture helped me a lot in regards to swing plane...turn as if your shoulders moved along the bottom of the imaginary board leaning against your shoulders.

Also, notice that it's not just the arms that have to stay under the plane, or the clubhead, but the shoulders too. Too many people turn their shoulders far too flat.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Also, notice that it's not just the arms that have to stay under the plane, or the clubhead, but the shoulders too. Too many people turn their shoulders far too flat.

Thank you both. On that particular topic, I decided today to commit to S&T; off the tee as well as with the irons. After all, they want you to take your hands back inside!

(Yes, I know, not THAT inside.) Contact ranged from butter to but where ... did that go? Plane is still all wrong. Club head path way inside seems to me to be set by the roll/break of the wrists immediately on takeaway. Think I probably also need to stand up more through impact? Raw, gloomy day -- hitting straight into the teeth of a chilly wind.

Stretch.

Just some non swing related advice..in your videos i dont really get the impression youre aiming at anything in particular. It seems your getting in to youre stance and just taking a wack at the ball.

You dont have to do this, but when im getting behind the ball, im looking at my target and i lead into my stance with my right side first. I dont put my head on the ball until im ready to go. For me it fills my mind with target -target- target so i dont freeze on the ball and allow doubt to creep in.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Thank you both. On that particular topic, I decided today to commit to S&T; off the tee as well as with the irons. After all, they want you to take your hands back inside!

Yup yup, it's the takeaway and wrist angle that get you so flat. Try thinking about taking the club straight back along the target line (you won't actually take it back along the target, the club needs to come inside) and that should help you get on a better plane. For your wrist angle, think about keeping your right palm facing the golfer in the next stall over. I think doing those 2 in combination will bring your swing much more on plane. Good luck!

Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

• Administrator
Sorry, in a bit of a rush Stretch, but in your latest video you're cheating.

HANDS IN does not mean CLUBHEAD IN. Your hands should feel as if they move through your right hip (or where your right hip used to be). The butt of the club should feel like it's going to brush against your right pocket.

HANDS IN, not clubhead in.

There's a reason why this list is empty: http://iacas.org/f/hands.pdf .
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

OK. So I'm thinking "hands in, not (club) head in" all the time on the range now. It's slow going, muscle memory is a bitch! But there are some things I'm happy about : centers seem to be staying over the ball, balance is OK, contact is OK, ball flight is higher. The DTL is deliberately shot from back left a little because I wanted a good view of the plane at P4.

Hitting a mid iron here. Windy as hell again -- kept losing the plastic chair I was using as a "tripod" so the camera is jammed between two full range buckets. Scorsese I am not!

Stretch.

• Administrator
OK. So I'm thinking "hands in, not (club) head in" all the time on the range now. It's slow going, muscle memory is a bitch!

Given the camera angle well behind you, the clubhead should be pointing outside your hands but it's still WAY in and your hands way OUT.

You need to feel a LOT more like this:

Note: This thread is 3121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!