IGNORED

What Tees Do Pro Women Play From?

James_Black
Note: This thread is 1346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do they play off the blues like a normal pro or do they play from the mens?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I think they vary for their events. On their site it says depending on the situation but its normally about 6200-6400 yards

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

I think more than anything, they probably have a yardage range that they are looking for and to get there they have a bunch of options. I think any course that would hold a pro event will have 4 or 5 sets of tees so they probably pick whatever works out the best. Unlike the mens game which will typically use the furthest tees (not always, but mostly), they can use whatever tee works best for the hole they want to create.

I think it would be a lot of fun to do course set ups for the LPGA. You could really play with the par 4's and 3's and mix up the individual holes each day, while keeping the overall yardage intact.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I would guess the blues. They seem to play 64-6600yds alot.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The blues, the whites, the reds, the blacks.. non of that applies to PGA and LPGA tournaments.. they set the distances from day to day, and one day they may be playing a par 3 at 155 and the next at 200... so which tees did they play??? Well they played "the reds" on holes 1, 5, 7, and 18 but only on Thurs... see what I am saying? It is all about total distance of the layout.. like the previous posters said.. they aim for an overall length of 6200-6400 yards.. push it out to 6600-7000 for majors.

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

The blues, the whites, the reds, the blacks.. non of that applies to PGA and LPGA tournaments.. they set the distances from day to day, and one day they may be playing a par 3 at 155 and the next at 200... so which tees did they play??? Well they played "the reds" on holes 1, 5, 7, and 18 but only on Thurs... see what I am saying? It is all about total distance of the layout.. like the previous posters said.. they aim for an overall length of 6200-6400 yards.. push it out to 6600-7000 for majors.

lets say a LPGA pro played a normal round. Would they play off the blues?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Yes and they would dominate almost everyone on this forum.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Sounds kinky...

• Upvote 2
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You do realize that not every course uses the same color for tee markers? I've played a course that just had the tee markers numbered 1-5 and another one that doesn't use red, white or blue. The female pros I have played with chose a set a tees based on the total yardage, just like I do. At the two public courses in my city I play from the back tees because they are both less then 6,400 yards, but at the upscale daily fee courses I play I would never play the back tees because they play almost 7,200 yards. The formula most talked about is to take the distance you hit your 5 iron and multiply it by 36 to get the distance of the tees you should be playing.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Almost? On a 6500 yard course I doubt anyone on here could beat one of the top 30 players on the LPGA.

Brian

Almost? On a 6500 yard course I doubt anyone on here could beat one of the top 30 players on the LPGA.

maybe like 2-3 people MIGHT be able to pull it off.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Not to be a jerk but I said "dominate" not just beat.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

Below is the scoring summary from the 2009 U.S. Women's Amateur. It shows the par and hole yardage for the course, along with hole statistics. The Old Warson C.C. course played at 6,422 yds. and par 71. Match play after qualifying 36 holes.
http://www.uswamateur.org/scoring/nml/coursestats.html

Par 4s: Among the +400 holes, Nos. 5, 8 and 15 all played uphill on the approach.

Par 5s:
* No. 6 (515) Somewhat reachable, but tough bunker shots if you gambled and missed - 3 eagles and 36 birdies, #18 difficulty rank
* No. 12 (525) crossed the water twice and left you with a downhill FW wood after your drive - no eagles. For most: second shot set up distance for their "money" club.
* No. 16 (485) Reachable, yielding 4 eagles and 32 birdies, #17 difficulty rank.

Most holes played from around the men's white (middle) tees.

Not sure how this compares to pro events, but I suspect the final 16 players could make the cut in most LPGA tournaments.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

We do have a few members who would be able to give them (by them I mean the lower ranking LPGA pros) a good run. We have at least one or two pros with +3 handicaps, who would be able to really give them a good run, maybe even win. Gals like Wie and Ochoa? Forget it, they're gonna roll us up and smoke us. And that

is kind of hot.

You do realize that not every course uses the same color for tee markers? I've played a course that just had the tee markers numbered 1-5 and another one that doesn't use red, white or blue. The female pros I have played with chose a set a tees based on the total yardage, just like I do. At the two public courses in my city I play from the back tees because they are both less then 6,400 yards, but at the upscale daily fee courses I play I would never play the back tees because they play almost 7,200 yards. The formula most talked about is to take the distance you hit your 5 iron and multiply it by 36 to get the distance of the tees you should be playing.

do I count it in a straight line, or the net yardage after I pitch it out of the trees? Also, can I just hit my 5 iron 36 times and add up the total distance (because I will probably hit 6-8 fat / thin shots in that stretch of 36)

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

• 5 years later...

We had a lpga tour event in 2004 at my home course Longs Drugs challenge. Iv'e seen it on several courses in this area since 1996 to 2004. They play basically the men's blue tees at 6,500 yards sometimes longer i'm sure. The winner shot a 61 one day they tore up the place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CVS/pharmacy_LPGA_Challenge

They say the average LPGA player hits a 230 yd drive. The median in the top 150 players hits a 250 yd drive. Stacy Lewis averages 246 yds with a 78% fairway average. Those who hit the 230 - 240 yd drives who are in the top 150 rankings typically have over 80% fairway accuracy (Mo Martin has 89% fairway accuracy 234 yd average). The top distance drivers between 260 and 274 yd averages have between 60 - 70% fairway accuracy. Lydia Ko averages around 252 yds per drive with 74% fairway accuracy.

The longer the ball goes the less margin for error, but note that first cut is considered a miss.

They would probably play a combination of what are traditionally blue and white tees to make a 6400 yd course. So if you want to see how you would do on a LPGA course set up you might take the blues as a base if they're say 6600 yds and insert some white tees to shorten it - say the par 3s and maybe a couple of the long par 4s. Play around with the numbers a bit until you get  something around 6400 +/- 50.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Note: This thread is 1346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!