IGNORED

Should Tiger Fire Haney

TigerWoodz
Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should Tiger fire Haney?

• Yes
    • No

Should Tiger fire Haney?

and who would replace him?

and lets stay on topic if we can

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He needs a change ...so yes can his arse. Maybe not Haney's fault, but he needs a change to someone who will work with him mentally as well as his swing. I could help him some....QUIT trying to kill the ball dumby.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Yes, because he's not really had a good swing for many years now. If Tiger is not doing what Hank is telling him to, he obviously is not a very persuasive coach. If Tiger is doing exactly as Hank tells him to, his swing model is obviously not very good. I don't think his swing model is good in any case, regardless of what Tiger does or does not do. Tiger's had the same problems year after year. It's silly that the worlds number one should have this much trouble swinging a golf club. It is mostly the driver, but we see that he is starting to screw up with other clubs too.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I wanted to vote "No - Hank Haney should have commited Hari Kari for bringing shame on his family, saving Tiger the trouble of firing him" but I had to settle for "Yes."

Ray Romano should fire him too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes. IMO he should rehire Butch, but he would never do that. Butch might not be perfect, but under him Tiger won several US Am's, US junior Am's, and had the best several years of an golfer in history in the early 2000's. It will never happen, especially because Butch works with Phil, but that is what I think he should do. If anything it actually might be best for him just to not have a coach. Get back to just swinging the golf club.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

No, I chalk it up to tournament rust. Also, his head isn’t screwed straight at the moment. Tiger has been under immense pressure for the past 5 month’s more so off the course than on. Give it time, he’ll be back.

It isn't Hanks fault

his swing is

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

No, I chalk it up to tournament rust. Also, his head isn’t screwed straight at the moment. Tiger has been under immense pressure for the past 5 month’s more so off the course than on. Give it time, he’ll be back.

Fair comment..

09 Hybrid #3 R/19

It's not his swing. It's his head. You see all the tension and uncertainty right from the setup and the stress staying with him. Rides the emotional low the whole time.

His tension and uncertainty is a result of a swing he can't trust.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I guess we will never know whats going on in Tigers head,whether its his swing thoughts he cant trust or his personel thoughts,he did bring it upon himself,but does he really care,he cant be that cold blooded surely...he is human ...!! will the old Tiger return or has this destroyed him for good,only time will tell...!! no matter whats happened even if your not a Tiger fan he is dam gooooood!!!

09 Hybrid #3 R/19

• Administrator
It's not his swing. It's his head. You see all the tension and uncertainty right from the setup and the stress staying with him. Rides the emotional low the whole time.

FAIL.

His tension and uncertainty is a result of a swing he can't trust.

WIN!

:) BTW, a poor long game puts added pressure on your putting too, because you know the few times you manage to hit the green you'd darn well better make the birdie putt because you're not going to get many chances.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm just not quite buying that it all rests with Haney. Tiger was extremely successful last year (in more ways than one) and just finished fourth at the Masters. It's entirely possible that Tiger's swing issues are attributed to Tiger.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
I'm just not quite buying that it all rests with Haney. Tiger was extremely successful last year (in more ways than one) and just finished fourth at the Masters. It's entirely possible that Tiger's swing issues are attributed to Tiger.

It depends on how you define successful. He failed to win a major, losing a substantial lead in one of them for the first time ever. His control of his driver is the worst it's ever been. He relied on some fairly significant collapses (Paddy, O'Hair) to win some of the regular PGA Tour events he did win. He lost to Phil several times in a row at the end of the year...

It depends on how you define successful. He failed to win a major, losing a substantial lead in one of them for the first time ever. His control of his driver is the worst it's ever been. He relied on some fairly significant collapses (Paddy, O'Hair) to win some of the regular PGA Tour events he did win. He lost to Phil several times in a row at the end of the year...

I was just going by the numbers: 6 wins, 14 top 10's in 17 events, 68.84 scoring average, and over 10 mil in earnings. I have a hard time believing Haney all of a sudden lost the ability to coach in the last year or so. If Tiger played to those results inspite of Haney, fine, but tough to prove. Just as one could surmise he has gone downhill due to Haney, one surely could point to Tiger's outside issues as well.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
I have a hard time believing Haney all of a sudden lost the ability to coach in the last year or so. If Tiger played to those results inspite of Haney, fine, but tough to prove.

It's not that tough to prove, and nobody's claiming that Haney suddenly lost the ability to coach. Tiger's driving has always been poor under Hank. Always. And now it's gotten worse and is not only costing him tournaments but missed cuts.

Note: This thread is 5073 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!