IGNORED

Callaway Big Bertha X12 Graphite

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello I am new to this thread and I have come across the Callaway x12's which is going for $140 3-PW iron set. I was just wondering if I am getting a good bargain here or maybe go and look for a much newer set of clubs on the same price range. Clubs are in Good condition. Any inputs or opinions would be greatly appreciated so far reading about the clubs have good reviews.

any advice guys? just looking to see if it is worth spending the $140 on the x12's i am fairly new to the game and have been reading good reviews about them.

Unless you really need or want to play graphite shafts, I'd be wary of this set you are looking at. When I got back into the game last year, I made the mistake of buying a set of Callaway irons in graphite, regular flex no less. They turned out to be a horrible fit for me, so I have since switched to steel shafts in my Wilson and Taylormade irons. The steel shaft is so much more stable for me--but still pretty lightweight in each case (98 grams and 90 grams respectively). I don't know too much about the X12, but I'd recommend paying a bit more if you want to stay within Callaway, and get the X-18s or a later model. Take a look at this link to get an idea of used pricing out there, and of course callawaygolfpreowned.com. Also, since you very well may end up replacing the 3 iron with a hybrid club, I generally try to get a set of 4-PW plus a G/A Wedge, instead of a 3-PW set, as the gap/approach wedge is very useful, and the 3 iron generally goes into the basement.

http://www.3balls.com/sitesearch/sea...Brand=Callaway

Equipment:
Ping K15 Driver (10.5º) - Diamana BB R flex; Ping G15 4 Wood (TFC R flex); Ping G15 20* Hybrid (TFC R flex); Ping G15 23* and 27* Hybrids (AWT R flex steel); Ping G15 Irons 6-GW (AWT R flex steel); Ping I-Wedge 54* Wedge; CG14 BP 58* Wedge; Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #9 Putter

at the time when they were new, our club champion used those clubs... complete with graphite shafts.

I personally don't like them, with the X-14's being my favourites. But $140 for once premium, and I'm assuming still very playable clubs... it's a pretty good deal.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

thanks for the replies, i have tried them on and wow a big difference from hitting an iron with a steel shaft vs a graphite shaft... my next question would be, can I get the shafts replaced to steel? if that may be all possible?

thanks for the replies, i have tried them on and wow a big difference from hitting an iron with a steel shaft vs a graphite shaft... my next question would be, can I get the shafts replaced to steel? if that may be all possible?

If I remember correctly, you could change the shafts (steel-graphite or vise-versa) in those clubs becuase the heads are weighted differently, according to whether steel or graphite was used. It makes sense, becuase of the difference in shaft weight, you'd be messing with the swingweights.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Along with 3balls, I'd check out www.callawaygolfpreowned.com and www.rockbottomgolf.com . Are you set on Callaway? Nothing wrong with that if you are, but Callys aren't the cheapest in the world. The X-12s are pretty old, I'm thinking late-1990s?

Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V 10.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 #4

Callaway Razr X Tour 5-AW
Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide 54-58
Yes! C-Groove Sally-12M Mid Counterbalance

Some irons yes; some, no. Remember that you will have to buy the shafts and pay to have them re-shafted. You may be better off looking for a set with steel shafts.

Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V 10.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 #4

Callaway Razr X Tour 5-AW
Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide 54-58
Yes! C-Groove Sally-12M Mid Counterbalance

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!