IGNORED

LPGA Player Erica Blasberg Found Dead at 25

atrapasuenos
Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know if you have read of it, but a friend of mine shared with me this link... she was found yesterday dead. I'm sad, I was a big fan of her, she was a really nice girl.

http://www.lpga.com/content_1.aspx?pid=24024∣=2

Regards.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I just saw that on TGC. She was cute as a button and seemed to have some game a couple of years ago. TGC said foul play has not been ruled out.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Wow that is terrible.

Rest in peace Erica..

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/...1010?GT1=39002

Though I'm not really familiar with her, it's sad seeing someone so you go. She was only 25 years old. Reason of death hasn't been identified yet.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Terrible news.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

So sad... She was such a pretty girl and seemed so sweet... She had such a strong college career but was still trying to find her game on the LPGA Tour... Just terrible... Way too young... Awful news

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

“At first glance it looks like she might have taken her own life, but at second glance, something is very, very strange about it,” said Erica’s father, Mel Blasberg, by phone from Nevada. “We’re waiting for the police to make an investigation, it’s a pending investigation. “Either way, I lost her and it’s impossible to deal with.”

-

Riverside (CA) Press-Enterprise

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

This news makes me sick.

Indeed it does, because we'll probably be learning more details of Ms. Blasberg's demise in the coming days than any of us want to.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thats a really sad story and a big loss for the LPGA and her friends on the tour. Hopefully this all gets sorted out quickly and if any foul play was involved the person if found.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

I didnt really know her at all as a player, but to go at just 25 is sad.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

This is unwarranted speculation, but: so little money trickles down in the women's tour that it's hard to make a living unless you are in the top 50 or Michele Wie. Was her house among those overpriced houses in Henderson that are being foreclosed on? Why did she play in only one tournament this year? Was it lack of funds? Depression? Some other reason? Pure speculation.

It is sad especially when a talented person's dream doesn't materialize quickly. But the rest of us are not so talented, and we just plod on. If it was suicide, then one wishes she had plodded on too.

UPDATE: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Qiv_gD9FKQQUG0 Packed and ready to leave to play in Alabama? Is that the strange circumstance that has been referred to?

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

This is unwarranted speculation, but: so little money trickles down in the women's tour that it's hard to make a living unless you are in the top 50 or Michele Wie. Was her house among those overpriced houses in Henderson that are being foreclosed on? Why did she play in only one tournament this year? Was it lack of funds? Depression? Some other reason? Pure speculation.

according to espn her house was only like $270,000

its a shame for the LPGA and Cleveland Golf.

Why did she play in only one tournament this year? Was it lack of funds? Depression? Some other reason?

Not that many tournaments so far this year for the LPGA. Their

April major (week before Masters) needed to extend the ways to qualify just to fill the field. If you aren't high on the priority list, and aren't a major draw otherwise (Wie pre-win, etc), you aren't going to get into that many fields. It's like being #25 from the Nationwide Tour money list the previous year on the PGA Tour, only with fewer tournaments to happen into.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Indeed it does, because we'll probably be learning more details of Ms. Blasberg's demise in the coming days than any of us want to.

That's sort of what I am worried about. I hope it is not "foul play" as someone put it, but I have been duped by enough athletes that I have to be at least skeptical. Still, it's too bad. Someone doesn't have to be a saint for it to be bad for them to have died. RIP.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!