IGNORED

My Swing (Kieran123)

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 2421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

here is my driver and 7 iron. Sorry I couldn't get a front on view, but hopefully you can help me with these videos. Taken with iPhone so quality is kinda average too.

Cheers!

( driver )

( 7 iron )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

No one? Maybe everyone is at work :)

You are losing your spine angle as you approach the top of your backswing. It is most noticeable in your driver video. Your hips tuck under your torso and you become more upright. This relaxes any coil you start to build up (it's a power leak). Another way to look at it, your knees are bending in your backswing. If anything your right knee should straighten a bit. You are not exactly coming over the top which is good, but I prefer to see the arms drop a little before turning your shoulders because a little missed timing and you are going to be OTT. On a positive note, I like your set-up!

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Awesome, thanks. Is my left knee moving too much also? I was bending it more about 2 months ago, and have tried to quieten it down and it has helped, but should I work on that more too?

Again, thanks!

My bad shot is a push to the left BTW

you've got a very fast tempo.

Can cause problems if your on a off-day.

I'd advise you to slow the backswing down, you'll be more accurate.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Maybe it will be easier for me to keep my right leg straight if I slow down too?

thanks!

I think I see the cause for the change in spine angle and knee bending. Your takeaway has the clubhead moving inside the target line very quickly. When you get to the top of the swing the common reaction to this move is to steepen the downswing plane. Therefore, try bringing the clubhead straight back along the target line during your takeaway (for the first foot back) and see if this helps. In the backswing your lower body usually reacts to what your upper body is doing so this may fix your leg action. Your swing tempo may be a little quick but I personally don't believe it to be bad (Hogan was on the quicker side). Hope this helps you.

In my Bag:

Driver - SLDR 430 - 10.5 deg
3 Wood - SLDR HL
Irons - TM Tour CB's                                                                                                                                                                 Wedges - TM                                                                                                                                                                               Putter - Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

As a high handicap, it seems weird replying but that's never stopped me before. :) It seems like you're leaning a good deal toward the ball with the majority of your weight on your toes and the balls of your feet.

Thanks. The problem I get when I try and keep my take away straighter is that I feel I bring my club up too straight and end up coming over the top. But, good information for me to take to the range tonight and maybe post a new video here tomorrow.

Keep the suggestions coming!

As a high handicap, it seems weird replying but that's never stopped me before. :) It seems like you're leaning a good deal toward the ball with the majority of your weight on your toes and the balls of your feet.

Your meant to have the weight on the balls of your feet.....

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I wish I had a good waggle. I have to be completely still for about 5sec b4 I take my swing

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I wish I had a good waggle. I have to be completely still for about 5sec b4 I take my swing

haha, I HAVE to have my waggle, especially with my driver, or I can't get comfy :)

I like Waggle, good drink, but i prefer captain morgan. ;b

Nah, somtimes i like to bounce my legs to make sure i have some knee flex and check my balance. I like to hinge my wrist a few times to get the tension out of my arms.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Your takeaway is too inside and you start your downswing with your arms.

Try rotating your hips to start the downwing and pull the club down hands... let your arms catch up and really shift your weight through the swing as you rotate your hips.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Ok so far I have:

Keep my right leg straighter
Have a straighter takeaway
Start my downsing with my hips

This is good, keep em coming!

Why are you lifting your front foot?

This is because my left leg is bending too much, making it impossible for me to have that foot planted.

Dion't go lifting your front foot arguement, there have been many great ball strikers who lifted there front foot. Harrington won two majors doing it. It doesn't matter, not that big of a deal..

Right leg straighter, just don't get it locked up, let it naturally move with the shoudler rotation, don't worry about it.
Your takeaway can be analyzed with video or a mirror, a good key is that your club should bicect the space between your arms at the top of the swing, when they start comming down.
A good drill is to practice swings with your butt againts a wall, you start with both cheaks on the wall, go to the right only on the wall in the backswing, back to both, then to left only. So this will help you get that left hip rotating out of the way instead of swaying.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!