IGNORED

Bag Suggestion

Note: This thread is 5083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new walking bag. I have a cart bag because I wasn't thinking when I bought it, but now that I want to walk more, I obviously need something lighter. So what would TST recommend?? Obviously I need it to be light and would prefer more club dividers than less, but that's not a necessity. Also costing a little bit less would definitely be nicer. So any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Don't know what specs you want, but for the money, Ogio makes some nice light stand bags. I got the Ogio Vaporlite CC bag last season, and it is very light and has the WoodēLite top that has full-length, three-way dividers. Carrying is facilitated through the comfortable, Crossbow Lite mesh shoulder strap system. With a user-friendly walking-accessible water bottle holster and 5 pockets the Vaporlite is a nice bag.

One gripe - the legs don't splay wide enough, so sometimes I need to kick them out a bit...

I have had a Ping carry bag for about 8 years and it only failed a few weeks ago. I got a new one in April and hopefully this one will last as long. Ping bags really are made with quality materials and they last. As the previous poster mentioned about the Ogio the legs on the new Ping also don't go very wide.

But also Ogio bags are pretty damn good too.

From the top:

R9 TP Driver Stiff 9.5deg
R9 TP 4-Wood Stiff 17deg
X-Forged Prototype 3-9 Stiff (rifle flighted) 48deg, 52deg, 56deg, 60deg CG12 Wedges Newport Longneck TeI3 One Black

I use a Cobra GT Stand bag but I am partial to Cobra. A lot of people i know use Sun Mountain bags.

In My GT Stand Bag

Driver L5V 10.5*
Fairway Wood S2 15*
Hybrid 20* IronwoodIrons Eye 2 BeCu 4-PW (have the 2 and 3)Wedges C3 56* and 60*Putter Zing iWiShoe Air Tour Saddle Ball e7

I love my Ogio Grom bag. At first I wanted something with 14 dividers but I found the clubs banged around a lot with that setup as they didn't have the tendency to "nest" together like in other bags. The Ogio with the Woode system turned out to work the best in my experience. Seperate slots for woods and a seperate putter well and then three slots for your irons. Nice setup. I also love the zipperless ball pouch, valuables pocket, water bottle holder, score card pocket and the ball silo. The strap system also works well and doesn't get in the way when you try to set the bag down like some others did. Only complain is the stand functionality is a little iffy...but frankly I haven't seen much better from other companies in that regard either. Ping seems to have the best stand setup, but I had a hell of a time getting clubs back in the bag as the divider sags when set down since the bottom tilts....very nice stand action though.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

I bought a Nike Pro Combo Sunday Bag off eBay for about $40 a few weeks ago that works well for me. It's really light, but can also hold a full set of clubs. It only has 3 horizontal dividers though.

What I've pieced together so far:

SQ Dymo Squared 10.5* Driver
SQ Dymo 3 Wood
Slingshot Hybrid 5 Wood Forged Pro Combo OS 2, 5, 8 Irons Forged Satin 53* Wedge Putter: Affinity Loop Pro Combo Stand Bag

Go with the Ping Hoofer bag. I'm in college and almost everyone who plays in competition uses a Hoofer.
If you want to look like you know what you are doing while walking go Ping :)

Go with the Ping Hoofer bag. I'm in college and almost everyone who plays in competition uses a Hoofer.

id rather show them i know what im doing, rather than giving off the appearance of it.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

The Ogio bags are nice. I do like the Woode system. I have found the Ogio (Edge and Grom) bags to be a little heavy and clunky, though.

Nike makes some nice light weight bags - if you like their color schemes. Nike bags have always had a little too much color going on for my taste.

If you want a lesser known, but in my opinion equal quality bag, I've had two RJ sports bags that have held up really well. And they are half the price of a "name brand" bag.

I wanted a 14-club divider bag this spring and I was torn between the Titleist and SunMoutain Four -5 bag. I settled on a 14 full length divider bag from RJ Sports for less than half the price - and from what I gather, equal quality. TGW.com has them

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

If you want a lesser known, but in my opinion equal quality bag, I've had two RJ sports bags that have held up really well. And they are half the price of a "name brand" bag.

Good find. How long have you had the first one? I expect a typical Sun Mountain carry bag to last over 10 years (my 14 year old bag is fading, hence the new one this season). Prorated over their lifespan, they're a pretty good deal.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

ogio edge, im lookin at gettin one right now.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Good find. How long have you had the first one? I expect a typical Sun Mountain carry bag to last over 10 years (my 14 year old bag is fading, hence the new one this season). Prorated over their lifespan, they're a pretty good deal.

Hey Sean. Let's see... I got my first RJ Sports bag (nothing fance, just 4 slots with three full length dividers) in 2000-2001 (so perhaps right at or just under 10 years). It is plain black. It has held up well with pretty heavy use. Still looks great and everything still functions perfectly on it.

I got the 14-way bag just this late winter/early spring. It appears to be the same material (all black color again), so I have no doubt that it will hold up just as my first one did. It is a great bag for $60-90. I think the reg price is $80, but seems to go onsale every few weeks for $60 or $70. I can't tell any quality difference between this bag and the other 14 way divider bags i was looking at (nike, sunmountain, and titleist bags). And, frankly, I like it better just solid black. http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...s/rj+sports+14

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

Hey Sean. Let's see... I got my first RJ Sports bag (nothing fance, just 4 slots with three full length dividers) in 2000-2001 (so perhaps right at or just under 10 years). It is plain black. It has held up well with pretty heavy use. Still looks great and everything still functions perfectly on it.

Based on the average of posters on this site, 10 years is pretty darned good! You were satisfied enough with the first one to pull the trigger on a second one. I'd say that alone is a good testimonial.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

There are some really nice Callaway bags on ebay

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, just one more question. What do you think the average weight for a carry bag is?? I've been looking around and it seems to be about 5-7 lbs. Is that about right?

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Yea, that sounds to be in the ballpark. Add all your gear, and you could be in the 16+ lb range. Choose a comfortable / cushioned strap system.

i got the Ping 4 under this year and love it! its super light, weighing 3.6 pounds. it has worked perfectly for me so far, i would suggest it to anyone

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

i got the Ping 4 under this year and love it! its super light, weighing 3.6 pounds. it has worked perfectly for me so far, i would suggest it to anyone

I've had 12 years on my ping hoofer bag. Love to carry the ping bag. I'll be replacing it with a lighter 4 under once I can decide on colors. :)

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Note: This thread is 5083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!