IGNORED

Cheating....

Titleist Man
Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It pisses me off so much.... i mean in my language class we have to translate two passages... the teacher tells us what it is so we can translate it before the test and be relatively familiar with it...the only thing was that we had to translate it ourselves and then translate it in class w/out ANY notes... so everyone in the class is taking the translation out of the answer key and memorizing it.... btw it takes 1-2 hrs do do the translation... Meanwhile im trying to actually do it properly and learn and ill probably fail the test meanwhile they slack off and they'll get A's.... it just pisses me off soooo much....

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I'm very glad to see there are students who hate it as much as I did (and still do, as a teacher).

I make it a point to report every instance of cheating in the classes I teach to the dean of students, first offense. I tell students this on day one, and most quarters, there are students who clearly didn't believe me. Some of the offenses I've seen here are pretty darn stupid, too: talking during an exam in the second row, less than six feet from the professor. Leaving another student's name on the work one submits. Copying from a solution key that was (a) incorrect and (b) the first hit on Google for " solutions" and (c) not correcting from British to American spelling in the process (it's a giveaway when a student writes "graph colouring" in his solution to this particular question). Copying from the instructor solutions key (how they got that, I don't know), including the part that says "students will likely solve this one of two ways: version 1 ... version 2...".

Back in high school, I knew plenty of teachers who didn't care if students cheated. Almost needless to say, they weren't my favorite teachers.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It pisses me off so much.... i mean in my language class we have to translate two passages... the teacher tells us what it is so we can translate it before the test and be relatively familiar with it...the only thing was that we had to translate it ourselves and then translate it in class w/out ANY notes... so everyone in the class is taking the translation out of the answer key and memorizing it.... btw it takes 1-2 hrs do do the translation... Meanwhile im trying to actually do it properly and learn and ill probably fail the test meanwhile they slack off and they'll get A's.... it just pisses me off soooo much....

lol, you must be in high school. Dont worry about it man. In college you will have to study.

lol, you must be in high school. Dont worry about it man. In college you will have to study.

We had a kid that sat in front of a smart girl in spanish class. She would pass up her paper to the front to be turned in, and he would erase her name and put his. The spanish teacher caught on when she noticed the girl who spoke fluent spanish was failing, and the baseball player in front of her had straight A's.

Like Motteler said, you will have to study in College. I breezed through HS without studying, and got a D my first semister in College. Just keep working hard.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

NO you dont, just do the work and attend class. Never studied ever or read any text books, but then again if I would have continued my foreign Lang throughout college it would just be too hard to not.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

NO you dont, just do the work and attend class. Never studied ever or read any text books, but then again if I would have continued my foreign Lang throughout college it would just be too hard to not.

lol, did you even graduate college? If so what was ur degree

lol, did you even graduate college? If so what was ur degree

I've seen plenty of students glide through university studies with a minimal of work and do quite well. I've seen others who

could have done the minimal and gotten As, maybe B+s at worst, but who put in the extra effort to do very well. Last Spring, I had two students who earned A+s before I applied the extra credit to students' grades. Not surprisingly, these two students had done both the extra credit offerings, too. I was neither category; I did OK in my classes where I didn't put work in; no worse than a B in any class during a quarter that I was healthy. But I put a ton of work into my major classes and did well because of that. I also see a ton of students who put in no work and their grades reflect that. I think two or three times in my time teaching classes, I've seen students end up with a single-digit percentage of the points at the end of the quarter.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Cheating only harms the cheater, don't sweat it man. I never cheated in high school (too much), but I did have problems with the traditional learning method. You know, listen to a lecture, read a text book, takes notes, memorize, take a test. I couldn't learn that way then and surely can't now. Possibly, some kids are struggling as I did. I work as a web developer now (started as a designer), which required me to learn a large amount of technical information and complicated programming concepts. I taught myself 100%. While I did have to read a lot to figure out problems and solutions, all the lessons learned were from necessity to learn it. Like, how do I do this or that. I don't know how they teaching programming in college's, but if it involves the standard method of reading, memorize, test, I surely would have failed.

Not trying to knock teaching or anything. Just trying to address the fact that some people cannot grasp concepts in the standard learning situation.

Cheating only harms the cheater, don't sweat it man.

Most university classes aren't on the 90-80-70 grading scale; most are curved in some fashion. If someone cheats and raises his grade accordingly, someone else's (letter) grade could be lower as a result. This can affect a GPA, a scholarship, and employment possibilities if it happens in multiple classes.

I don't know how they teaching programming in college's, but if it involves the standard method of reading, memorize, test, I surely would have failed.

Typically, a class that emphasizes programming, such as an introduction to computer science or a class on programming language concepts, will have a lecture giving several examples in the new language/concept, along with the necessary syntax. Recitation section will cover more examples, typically giving the students more time between the problem statement and giving and explaining a solution. Homework typically consists of one or more small programming projects in the language, and the exams typically ask you to write a function or debug a small program. They're generally written in such a way that if you were able to complete the assigned projects, the exam will be a breeze.

-- Michael | My swing! 

I thought this thread was about Tiger lol

Callaway - FT-i I-Mix Square Driver
Callaway - FT-iZ Fairway Wood
Callaway - Diablo Edge Irons
Mizuno Golf MP T-10 White Satin Wedge
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour HybridOdyssey Golf - White Ice Teron PutterCallaway Golf - FT Tour 14-Way Golf Bag

When I went thru engineering, cheating is very difficult at best. When the tests came, it was quite difficult for everybody. With a 3% success rate, you can imagine. It blew me away when kids say "its soooo easy". Then they hit a mildily difficult math class and flunk it....

That drives me up tha wall as well. During my fall semester I took chemistry and worked my but off to get a "B". One guy in class, who spilled HCl on his hand due to his lack of caution got an "A". I couldn't believe it. It wasn't untill the next semester that I found out he cheated on every test and every piece of homework, I guess there is a web site out there with every answer to every test which the guy used to ace the class. I was so agrivated. I felt vindicated when he dropped the next semester because he was told to show all of his work for every answer in the test. I think the college learned of this site and instituted some extra rules for higher level classes. I soooo hate thieves and cheaters.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

Note: This thread is 5077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!