IGNORED

Swing analyzer apps for smart phones

Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did some searching around the forums, but didn't see too many posts out there. I assume most use a regular digital camera or recorder to look at their golf swing. I just recently started looking into apps for the iphone. So, for those folks that do use a smartphone, what app do you prefer? So far it looks like iSwing is probably the most popular. I know it does cost a couple of bucks but may be worth it for the price. I just downloaded the free version of SwingReader. I intend on giving it a shot at the range tomorrow. Looks really nice for a free app. much the same as it looks like iSwing does. You can draw your lines to represent spine angle, swing plane, etc etc. I just wondered if anyone has tried out a few of them and has some opinions on what might be better as far as features, video quality, etc etc.

Driver: R5 Dual 9.5
Hybrids: 08 Rescue Tour 20 & 23
Irons: 735C.M 3-PW
Putter: White Hot 2-Ball
Da Ball: Pro V1

Howdy,

I use the V1 golf app for iphone. It a very powerful tool, you can download tour models to compare with your swing on the fly, do all the drawing you want with the pen tool, email video to yourself to upload here. The only catch is it does cost about 10 bucks. Also one thing to note is you need something to clip the iphone on your bag no matter what app you use. Im yet to find anything cheap so i just hold it on my bag with 3 pegs and a rubber band. I aint forking out 40 bucks for the stupid holder lol.

Howdy,

i second the v1 golf app. i bought and tried the 2-3 other apps in the app store for analyzing swings and found v1 to be the best. i'm thinking of buying the v1 mount or the gorillacam mount at http://joby.com/gorillamobile/3g ......can't decide. until then, i've just been "propping" my iphone up on top of my stand bag leaning against a club but takes a bit of trial and error to get the right frame.

In my Mizuno Aerolite IV Stand Bag:

Driver: Titleist 910D2 (9.5°, RIP Alpha 70S)
Wood: Titleist 910F (15°, RIP Alpha 70S)

Irons: Mizuno MP-68 Irons (3 - PW, C-Taper S+), Mizuno MP-33 2 Iron (C-Taper S+)

Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled (56.11 - Bent to 54°, 60.07 Tour Chrome, C-Taper S+ DSS)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 (34")

Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x

GPS: Garmin Approach g5

Most useful training aids (for me) that I use: Tour Striker Pro 7 Iron, Swingyde, Tour Sticks alignment sticks, Dave Pelz Putting Tutor

@Stretch

Yeah, you were one of the folks I did see make a post on this when I searched around. I was kind of suprised that no one had chimed in on your post.

@jon8105

I think a few of them that are out there for the iphone are also readily available for the other smartphones as well. I know the iphone has the apple app store, I am not sure where and how other folks aquire apps for other phones though

@all

Thanks for the replies folks. Still messing around with Swingreader. It takes a while to render the captured video, but I like it so far. And ya can't beat free! :)

Driver: R5 Dual 9.5
Hybrids: 08 Rescue Tour 20 & 23
Irons: 735C.M 3-PW
Putter: White Hot 2-Ball
Da Ball: Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I downloaded swingreader last night and used it today. It was very helpful. I liked it a lot.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I just got V1 for my andriod.  I hope to give it a shot after work today.  There is a free version, then an upgrade for $1.99 that gives you a few more features.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just saw that Tiger Woods released a new swing app yesterday for the iphone.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiger-woods-my-swing/id425808685?mt=8

$9.99.....ouch, that's expensive.

Also found another article on espn about this:

http://espn.go.com/golf/blog/_/name/golf/id/6251390/tiger-swing-there-app-that

I don't have an iphone, so I obviously can't check this out. Anybody out there have this yet?

ha, i was just coming to post the same thing.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

• Administrator

Originally Posted by CousinDonuts

@jerry - do you work for the company that developed iswing?  This is my 5th post about iphone swing apps and you've posted the above info on every one.  just curious.

Pretty sure he does. He's close to being banned.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by jerrystanley

I just got the iSwing.

Each and every one of your posts is pro-iSwing. In fact I don't think you ever say anything but how much you want iSwing's babies. Suspicious much?

The best bang for my buck is SwingReader. It blows iSwing out of the water and there's also a free version if you don't need the extra functionality.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by Billy Enforsee

I just saw that Tiger Woods released a new swing app yesterday for the iphone.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tiger-woods-my-swing/id425808685?mt=8

$9.99.....ouch, that's expensive.

Also found another article on espn about this:

http://espn.go.com/golf/blog/_/name/golf/id/6251390/tiger-swing-there-app-that

I don't have an iphone, so I obviously can't check this out. Anybody out there have this yet?

I'm curious about this one. It's fairly expensive (although all proceeds go to the Tiger Woods Foundation from what I can tell).

Tiger seems to suggest that when The Almighty Golf Guru and Random Vocabulary Generator isn't around he uses this app to check where he's going wrong. If that's the case I'd assume that he's filmed his swing as Foley says it should be and that's the basis of the app. In a roundabout way then we're getting Foley's take on many different swing theories as presented by Tiger who's still working on his game.

There also seem to be a lot of issues with the app from reading the reviews so I'm wondering if it's worth holding-off for a while before buying/donating.

Lastly I'd also assume that when you have the money Tiger has, an iPhone is probably not the best choice of tool for analysing your swing. ;)

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 4 years later...
Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!