IGNORED

How many "ACES" do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got one "hole in ones" in my life time and I've been playing for 40 years. My son has 5 and I've seen him make two of them. It's like magic! My irons usually hit and go right due to the spin I put on them with the high cut shot. The day I hit the ace, the ball landed on the green and jumped left and right into the hole. It was a 157 yd 7 iron that did the job. The golf gods let me do it. How many do you have?

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have the old zippo... Funny that I have eagled 4 par 4's from the fairway, but have yet to drop one in the hole on a par 3. I have been all over them (within inches) but cannot seem to get lucky enough to get one to fall.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

One. Last January. In Ohio. (and no, the green wasn't frozen)

8-iron from 144. I have a couple eagles from the fairway on Par 4s, but just the one ace.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

None. I seem to recall being close before, but can't remember exactly where it was. I have 2 eagles in my life, one of which I dunked on a par 4, and I've come within inches of a double eagle on a par 5... of course, it rolled 5 feet by and I missed the comebacker for eagle. Argh.

Someday, when I least expect it, I'll probably make one... but by then, I'll be THAT guy you read about in the paper who aced a 135 yard par 3 with a 3 wood.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

Zero.

Two real close - one when I had been playing just 5 months. A worm-burner on a 90 yard par 3 that missed by an inch! Imagine explaining the shot if it went in. The second was last year - an uphill par 3 about 150 with a seven iron. The hole was hidden, so I couldn't see the result until I got up there -- 2 inches.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

A friend of mine went with some co-workers to play for his first time. They went to a par 3 course in Hot Springs. He borrowed an old set of clubs from the shop and on the longest hole (174 yards), he hit driver. A 175 yard wormburner into the cup for a hole in one. To add insult to injury, he was playing a Wilson ball and wrote to them to tell them about it. They sent him a nice brass and wood plaque with a ball mounted on it and all the details engraved in the placard. Arrrrrrggggg! LOL

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I was fortunate to finally sink one in on a 158 yard par 3 with my 6 iron. It was a windy day with 20 mph cross winds, so I aimed about 10 yards right. Because I hit the ball high, the wind pushed it over about 7-8 yds to the left and then it rolled back and left the rest of the way into the cup. :)

Zero for me as well, I did hole out from about 120 yards on a par 4 once, but never from off the tee...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

One. 167 yard par-3. Erik will have some choice words soon.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

• Administrator
One. 167 yard par-3. Erik will have some choice words soon.

No choice words. I'm just hoping you do it again in about a week or so, because you WILL buy drinks this time.

I've only ever had two eagles ever (I'm only counting reasonably sized courses - no 220-yard par 4s or anything like that). Never a HIO. One of the eagles was on a 300-yard par 4 (chipped in from about 40 yards). One of them was when I hit a driver and a 9-iron onto a par 5 and made a 30-foot putt. I may have made some eagles before my big break (I didn't play much from 1997 through 2003 or so). And I've been a single-digit handicapper for at least four good playing years. So, that's pretty pathetic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Zero.

My wife took a hefty swing at the ball and missed it on a par 3 hole and she hit it the second time and it was a worm burner and it went all the way up on the green and into the hole. Unreal!

3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I've eagled a whole passel of holes over the years and most have been 5 irons or lower. My most memorable one was the one at Hilltop Lakes that I holed in 2 on a par four and no one has matched it before or since. I hit two 5 woods and got lucky on the second shot. The hole is called Bear Claw and is the hardest hole on the course, they say!

Very interesting stories guys, keep them coming.

I have two...well one on a real course.

Back in 1995, I hit SW from 110 yards to hole out for a one. The green was slightly elevated so I never saw it roll in. I was a senior in High School so I was to young to buy my playing partner a drink. haha

The other was on a Pitch and Putt course at night. It was 74 yards again with a wedge. The pin was located in the back of the green and the shadows of the lighting didn't allow me to see it roll in. I got a free round for that one though.

Seth

In the bag:
Taylormade R11S Fubuki
Taylormade Rocketballz 15
Adams Super Black 19
Mizuno MX200 4-GW

Cleveland CG14 w/ Spinner Shafts 54* & 58*

Oddessey Tour White Hot #1

Nike 20Xi - S

I am between clubs right now

No choice words. I'm just hoping you do it again in about a week or so, because you WILL buy drinks this time.

If I might ask, why the lay off? I laid off from 99 till last year due to hip problems but can play now with a bionic titanium hip. I had given up on golf and gave my clubs to my oldest son!

Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!