IGNORED

How many "ACES" do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had 3. The three balls I used are in my pic. First one with a 6 iron, second one with a driver, last one with a pw. I also had one in a hole-in-one contest with an 8 iron, but it was in the qualifying round, so I didn't win the $1 million prize.

In the bag:

Callaway Big Bertha 454 9* w/ Aldila NV 65-S shaft
Callaway Big Bertha 3-Wood
Titleist DCI 981 irons Cleveland 588 60* and 64* wedgesOdyssey White Hot #5 center shafted putterBridgestone B330/Callaway HX Tour balls

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had two... the first in September, 1964 (9 iron to a 130 yd. par 3), the second in 1994, 30 years later (7 iron into wind and rain on a 150 yarder). For the second I used a Big Bertha iron and, when notified, Callaway sent me a really nifty jewelry box kind of thing with Bobby Jones painted on an inlaid tile. Cool. Only witnessed one other in all those years - my good friend and PGA pro Marty Strumpf. Made a bunch of 9 iron eagles, but those aces are tough. I'll be due for my next one in 2024.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TODAY! I just got my first one. it was sweet. to bad the shadows, I couldnt really see it go in. 5th hole at widgi creek. 143 yard pw, big bounch spin plank.... hit the pin. it was sweet. is it true that you get a dozen balls free from most companies if you send in proof of hole in one?

Got my first one back on July 9. 199 yard par three over water. Sad part was I never saw it go in.

Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

is it true that you get a dozen balls free from most companies if you send in proof of hole in one?

No. Titleist will give you a bag tag and Taylor Made will give you a sleeve of noodles. Don't know about others though. Contact the Hole in One Society.

www.holeinonesociety.com and register your hole in one. It's free and they will send you a ball marker and ball mark repair tool. Mike

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

No. Titleist will give you a bag tag and Taylor Made will give you a sleeve of noodles. Don't know about others though. Contact the Hole in One Society.

I actually got the bag tag(more a medal

) from Titleist (for the ball used) and from Taylor Made(their iron)+noodles sleeve. I registered with PGA ( http://www.pgalinks.com/holeinone/ ) and got really nice certificate from them.

Geez I didn't know you could get free stuff. I wonder if I can find the old scorecards. I kept mine pretty quiet, to cheap to buy all those drinks

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I had my one and only hole in one 18 years ago, it was an 8 iron on the last hole at Carnarvon GC in western Sydney to win a heap of skins, I was up first but my playing partners all had to have a go at making a half :)

I've had quite a few very close ones hanging on lips and that sort of thing. I even had one once almost go in on the fly, it buried itself in the back lip of the cup and made a real mess of the hole.

I have no idea how many eagles I have made over the past 25+ years, it would have to be well over 100. I have stats going back over 10 years and I have 68 eagles logged but I know I had loads of them in the previous 15 years. Nearly all of them have been on par 5's where I've knocked it on for 2 and holed a putt or knocked it just off the green for 2 and chipped in but there are about 10 of them where I have holed out mostly with an 8 iron for some reason. The longest club I have ever holed out with was a 1 iron after an atrocious drive back in the late 80's on the 2nd hole at Catalina Country Club at Batemans Bay down on NSW Australia's South Coast during a practice round for the NSW State Trainee Pro Championships.

To be honest I reckon having a hole in one is just pure dumb luck, sure you have to hit it in the vicinity but once you get it close it's all down to luck!

not one! My handicap has been between scratch and one for the last 5 years, and my irons are the BEST part of my game....my father on the other hand (who is a good player) has 7! and his irons are the WORST part of his game! and the worst part is, half of his aces have been while I've been playing with him...and he never lets me forget it

I love that about your father! I wish I could beat my son just once. I'd rub it in forever! I strumed on him for years but the day he beat me was the end. Haven't beaten him since. I came close one time, shot my best round ever, a 70 but he shot 68.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I have two.

The first was an 8-iron from 142 yds when I was 14 yrs old, about a year after I started playing golf seriously.

The second was even more interesting. It was the final hole of a 54-hole college tournament. The final 36 holes were played in one day, and both rounds were shotgun starts...why - I still don't know. Anyway, I had struggled to an ugly 79 (par 71) over the first 18, then was 6-over through 17 holes in the final round. I had started on the 18th hole, so my final hole was the 17th - a 200-yd par 3. The wind was at least 2-clubs at my back, so I pulled the 6-iron and hit it smooth. It hit on the front of the green, then released into the cup making a fairly large "whack" as it went in (it was still moving pretty good when it hit the stick!). What a nice way to finish an otherwise crappy round - knock it in the hole and walk off the course! Especially since I'd putted like a dog all day and now I didn't have to!!

What's funny is that while I was knocking the ball in the hole, our coach was on the adjacent hole (#16) watching my teammate finish up with a solid triple-bogey 7. Both missed all the festivities...

Anyway, it's been 10 years since my last. I'm still chasing my grandparents on my mom's side. Each of them had 6 HIO's! Both my grandma and my grandpa. Strangely, gramps never got to see one go in...always a hidden green surface or he was playing in fog or something.

Well, those are my HIO stories...hopefully there will be more to come. I haven't seemed to even sniff one recently.

In the bag:
Driver: 8.5 deg Titleist 905S w/ Fujikura Pro 95 S-flex
3-wood: 14.5 deg Titleist 975F w/ DG X-100
Hybrid: 19 deg Cleveland Halo w/ DG X-100
Irons (4-PW): Taylor Made X-300 FCI Prototype w/ Rifle Flighted 6.5Wedges: 52.08, 56.14, 60.04 deg Titleist Vokey Black Nickel FinishPutter: Yes!...

One... I was 16 and it was on a 182 yard par 3 at Tanoan CC in Albuquerque. There was a two club wind at my back and it was in the evening on a very cloudy day. I hit a perfect 9 iron and saw it going towards the pin. Walked up to the green and could not find my ball thinking it was short and as a last resort looked in the cup and viola! there it was. Kinda bitter sweet since I didn't see it go in. Also the guy I was playing with "for $$$" said "you could've dropped it in the hole since I didn't see it go in" so I was pissed for a while then realized who cares I know I made it!!!

In my Ping Pioneer LC bag -
Driver: TaylorMade R11 10* closed
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11 15* open
Hybrid: Ping G15 20*
Irons: Ping G15 4, i15 5 - PWWedges: Ping Tour S 50*, 56* bent to 55*, 60*Putter: TaylorMade Daytona Ghost 34" 

Congrats Glftips!!!

I'm still waiting for my first. I've been playing for 12 years- and am still young. I've always said when I do it- Im gonna just quit right there.. and end on that.
Maybe the Golf Gods are letting me wait so I can keep enjoying the game.

Awesome though- Congrats!
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

I have two.

Interesting post.....thats super that your grand parents have 12 between them. Great stuff and would be great to listen to them talk about those. Your 3 on the last hole was definitely a gift from the golf gods! They are the ones that let you have the hole-in-ones. Got to be!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I have been golfing since I was 5 years old and I do not have a single ace!!!!! Two different times I have holed out on a par 3 for par after hitting into the drink!!!!!!! That is as close as I have been!!! I recently played a round where on 3 out of the 4 par 3s at my course I had a combined 11 feet after my 3 tee shots!!! Birdied all 3!!!! I have also been within 5 or so feet on par 4s on a couple of occasions!!! Somewhere around 20 eagles on par 4!!!

I have been golfing since I was 5 years old ...

don't give up your hopes. At my home course there was a guy, a decent player - around 4hcp, who was playing golf for 37 years (?!?!?) w/o hole in one, until 2005, when he got 2 of them

one HIO and one fw eagle. just starting my golf stories, and am sure more are to come, cas ill be hacking around this sport till i cant breathe anymore.
Driver: Taylormade R580XD 10.5*w/GD YS6+
3wood: Nike Ignite T-60 15* w/Fujikura Stiff
Irons: Cleveland TA2 3I-PW w/ DG R300
Wedges: Taylormade RAC Satin 52,56 w/DG "TP"
Putter: Never Compromise Voodoo - 34 inchHandicap: 8Low Round: 75 (+3)Age: 14Location: Deep River, Ontario, Canada

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!