IGNORED

How many "ACES" do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife took a hefty swing at the ball and missed it on a par 3 hole and she hit it the second time and it was a worm burner and it went all the way up on the green and into the hole. Unreal!

wow that must have made for some excitement and conversation

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

none, notta , zilch, nothing, no way, denied access, try again sucker, forgetaboutit, not in this life......you get the point..

allthough I have holed 3 shots from the fairway for eagles... go figure...

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

• 7 months later...

After golfing 40 years with dozens of balls "on the lip" I finally got my first last July. 155 yard par 3 with a stream in the front into a 10 mph wind. Hit a 6-iron and was a "slam dunk". No bounce, just dropped into the hole. I had just bought a new set of Ping G5's two weeks earlier. Then I had to buy the bar a round.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

None for me. My closest came about a week ago though, 135 yard par 3, hit a 9 iron that came to rest about 2" short of the hole......but then again, close doesn't count!!

Playing in my league last year, we were behind a group of ladies. My partner and I had finished putting out on the 6th hole and were waiting for our opponents to putt. We happen to glance over at the par 3 7th hole, plays about 115-120 yards I think from the ladies tees. This lady hits a DRIVER that was airborne for about 70 yards tops, rolled the rest of the way into the hole. Unbelievable. NONE of her playing partners were paying attention, they were all looking in their bags or doing whatever. We made sure to acknowledge her ace though.

After the round she bought us a beer in the clubhouse (very nice of her) and we learned that this was her first time golfing.....EVER.

I just had my closest call yet on Tuesday. It was a 130 yard par 3. I hit an easy PW and it took one hop, hit the pin and fell about 1 foot away from the hole.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

After 20yrs of golf had my my first one 4 wks ago. Only problem was i had no playing partners to witness it, so it doesn't really count. Hell, i didn't even see it. It was a foggy evening, hit it sweet and knew it would be close. Walked up and saw no sign of it, thought no way was it long, checked the hole and there it was. Once in a life time shot and i never even saw it. It was also friday 13th. Nae luck, as some would say.

G5 Driver
G2 3 & 5 Wood
i5 3 - PW Irons
52 tour wedge
56 tour wedge Putter Pro VI ball bag

Never had an ace, but I had a really close call yesterday. I was playing as a single, and I was playing through a foursome on the 11th, a par 3. It was about 160 yards to the pin (the scorecard says "152" but I know it's horseshit: it's at least 160), and I took a shot with my 7 iron right at the pin. The wind was howling from left to right, so my draw never happened...the ball made a beeline for the pin and made a pitchmark about three inches from the hole.

If only it've gone in, I could have given Vijay a run for his money...

But perhaps, it's good on my wallet that the ball didn't go in. Buying a free round of drinks for everyone would set me back at least a month in golf money.

I did make the birdie putt with the foursome watching, though.

(Granted, this is the first year that I'm taking golf really seriously--until now, I'd just bang the ball around a bit, whatever. I probably have plenty of chances in the future...I'd hope...)

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Ok...at the local par 3 course....144 yards....Balls lands on the green perfectly....a little roll...I am walking up and I see my ball on the green......right in the MIDLE of an old cup placement from the day before...I remember because I played that weekend...LOL... It wasn't my fault they moved it....

Eric Camper
Driver: 450*
Hybrid: Nickent 2/17*
Hybrid: Nickent 4/23*
Irons: Ti-100 5-SWPutter: Craz-e

0 hole in ones
0 eagles
like 15 birdies
like 75 pars

ive only been playing a year though. lol.

my dad has played for 45 years, and he is a 3.5 handicap - and has had 0 hole in ones in his life...it's all luck.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Its a lot of luck not all luck. Better players have a better chance of getting them since their shots tend to be more accurate. Thats why Tiger has 18 i believe.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

After 33 years of playing I have Zero, Noonan, Nada, Access Denied,,LOL!

I do believe better players do have a lot more oppertunities for a hole in one, but I lean on the side that in the end it's a lot more luck than anything else! A whole lot more luck than I have had on this subject,,,lol!

My brother and I usually have a good laugh about it. He(+3 Handicap) and my Father(A career +25 Handicapper, bless his heart) both have one so I'm the odd man out in the family!

The Golfing Gods have doomed me for life, and at this point I have accepted my fate. I honestly do not believe I will ever make a hole in one! So if it ever does happen I will be in a complete state of shock, and I'm sure 911 will have to be called,,lol!

As far as Eagles go, where there is less luck and more skill involved the Golfing Gods have been very gracious to me. There for a while I was averaging 5 or more a year.

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

It really makes me wonder when I can shoot in the 60's on a good day but have never had an ace. Paddy O'DrinksALot however in my tuesday night scramble has 2 this year and can't break 100 with a hole in one!

• 2 weeks later...
Neither had one nor witnessed one so far (even i had some very close ones). The closest i witnessed so far was today - around 180 yards to the pin - guy tees off, ball comes in slightly right to left - ball hits the cup directly, jumps out again and stays 2 meters beyond the hole. I´m so happy that didnt happen to me - guess that would sent me on insta-lifetilt...

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Its a lot of luck not all luck. Better players have a better chance of getting them since their shots tend to be more accurate.

Tiger also has 18 because he's had a huge number more tee shots from par 3 holes than (m)any of us.

Opportunity + Skill = More Aces.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Never had one. I have done the old hit the flag stick a few times and I dented the edge of the hole on the fly another time (didn't even make birdie on that one) but nothing went in. Been playing for 31 years too.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

I have never had one, but I had one drop to about 8 inches away a couple of weeks back. Took a 8 iron and accidently caught it completely thin, but it went straight, whacked the flag and landed close. It was lucky, but it was actually pretty funny too.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Note: This thread is 3177 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!