IGNORED

How many "ACES" do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Interestingly The 19th hole on TGC just did a story on a lady that has 13 hole in ones in the last 6 months. She has only been playing a couple years and was not a scratch golfer. They had one of the hole in ones on tape and the hole looked like it was only about 80 yards, so probably on a pitch and putt course, but still impressive!

They also stated a mathmatical statistic, and I can't remember the number to the odds of even making a hole in one, but it was well into the Billions. Sounds like you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning and winning the lottery all in the same day verses making a hole in one,,,lol.

I still stand by it takes more luck than anything. Better players are going to get more opertunities, but they still need some luck to make it fall into the cup. Good players will play the slope of the greens and feed the ball to the hole, but it's not like Tiger is on the tee reading and lining up the last three feet of green on his tee shot.

You gotta have the Golfing Gods on your side!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning and winning the lottery all in the same day verses making a hole in one,,,lol.

This actually

did happen... or, well, close. Three months ago my father did win the lottery - some of the money was used for golf membership, where he proceeded to get a hole-in-one, barely a week later. Not so impossible, eh?
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

This actually

LOL,,,Cool Story,,,,Your Father's a Lucky Guy!!!

In My Bag:

They also stated a mathmatical statistic, and I can't remember the number to the odds of even making a hole in one, but it was well into the Billions.

It's not that low. After a quick search on the Internet, the odds are about 12,000-15,000 to 1. More information can be found

here.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

It's not that low. After a quick search on the Internet, the odds are about 12,000-15,000 to 1. More information can be found

Yeah, that stat seems to make more sense for the stat that someone had previous posted about how many Tiger has had.

(However many strokes per round)*(however many rounds he has played in his life)

I have a big fat zero. I have had them bounce off of the pin, back spin and sit on the edge but not fall.

The worst part is two of my uncles have two a piece and they're about 30 handicappers.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

had a hole in 3 when i was 17 (snapped hook my first shot out of bounds and holed the next one).

since then, i really haven't been close.

What's in the bag:

Driver: Adams 9064LS (project RIP Shaft) 9.5 degree
3 Wood: Titleist 909R 14.5 degree
Hybrid 3-iron: 19 degree Tour Professional (bent to 18 degrees)Hybrid 4-iron: 21 degree Tour ProfessionalIrons: Tour X-20 5-PW Project X 6.0 shaftsGap Wedge: Mizuno MP10 52.08 Sand Wedge: Mizuno MP10 58.10 Lob Wedge: Nike 62.06

Yes, your numbers seem about right, maybe the billions to 1 odds were for making 13 hole in ones in 6 months. But to me I still feel like the odds are Billions to one,,,LOL!

In My Bag:

• 2 weeks later...

i have a total of "0" hole in ones

Driver: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium 10.5*
Woods: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium - Hybrid,3,5
Irons: Dunlop X-Ti - 4,5,6,7,8,9
Wedges: Dunlop Tour Wedges - SW, PW, LW
Putter: Tour Special, Pin Sight 111Ball: Titleist Pro V1

• 6 years later...
I guess there haven't been any more aces in the last seven years! None for me, but I almost had one playing in a high school tournament. It's a great story. Craziest tournament I've ever played. Not sure who's ridiculous idea it was to schedule it this way, but there were 200+ golfers on the course at once. Shotgun start with three foursomes on each hole. Hard to imagine, but it's true. To top it off, this tournament featured a long drive and closest to the pin contests, normally reserved for club events. My group tees off third on the first hole. I play like crap with a mild fever taboot. Eight hours later, we find ourselves at the 180 par 3 18th. I remember being much worse than bogey golf on my scorecard. A gallery of about half the field have made their way to the green to watch the final group come in. They also see the little flag identifying the closest to the pin, which appears to be about a foot from the stick from where we are standing on the tee. I hit third. Don't remember the club, probably a 6. It feels good. The flight of the ball looks even better. It's going right at it! Two bounces and it stops 6 inches from the cup. The crowd goes bananas. I'm clearly closest to the hole. High fives all around our tee box, my group is happy for me that the saving grace to my pathetic round will be closest to the hole after 200 had already played it. I feel like a champion. Tapping in a birdie in front of that crowd is going to be the highlight of my season. Last guy in my group says, "well, I'm not going to get it any closer than that, so here goes nothing!" Ace.

One, in a tournament. Couldn't have asked for a better setup, three people with me plus the group ahead just leaving the green and witnessing it as well. Figured my bar tab was going to be big, but surprisingly not many took up my offer to buy a round for everyone there.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

None for me. Like everyone, I've been close multiple times. Actually dunked one one-time that jumped back out and came to rest about 4 feet away, and had a few end up within 6". I've holed out from the fairway on two par 4's for eagle, one from about 135 yards and one from 188 yards, but haven't got it done on a par 3 yet... Last year was probably my closest ever. 163 yard par 3 that the ball ended up being about a half turn short of going in, center cup. Really thought I had that one.

My wife has one from her 3rd time ever golfing. Small par 3 course at a resort we were vacationing at in Florida. She hits a worm burner that would have been 20 yards over the green, but it drilled the pin and dropped right in the hole. I went ballistic, and she just acted like that's what she was trying to do. Was only about an 80 yard par 3, but it counts to me.

I didn't read the full thread so apologies if this was asked already. I have none in regular play but I did ace a hole on a par 3 course once - 99 yds. I don't typically count that. Should I?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Two. And one that was on the lip and another couple that were a rotation away from falling.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Two for me and both were last year, one was a 154yd 8 iron and the other a 175yd 6 iron, the first I kind of thinned (not pretty) and the second was a sweet strike that never left the pin - what a great feeling!

R9 Supertri 10.5 Fubuki Alpha Stiff Shaft

Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3, 4, 5

Mizuno MX300 Irons, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW

Mizuno MX300 Gap Wedge

Mizuno MP R12 56 Sand Wedge

Scotty Cameron Kombi Putter.

None :(

Been playing 2 and a half years down to a 8 hdcap.

My closest was actually about 2 months ago was playing in a tournament it was 167 to the flag using an 8 iron.   They just happened to have a 10,000 dollar hole in one challenge that day.  Right to left wind pretty strong I hit my iron it lands about 10 feet left of the hole rolls all the way to the pin hits off the pin and rests at one foot seven inches.  The good news though is I took home 200 bucks for the KP and a 600 dollar skin on that day.

Note: This thread is 3199 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!