IGNORED

Do you play Hogan Apex irons?

Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have a set and love 'em. When you catch it clean, hear that click it's as if a ball doesn't exist. Sometimes feel like you're hitting a wiffle ball. My 7 iron turns on me every now and then, but it's probably because I have the OEM grips on 'em.

Don't know what I'm going to do when this set wears out.

'09 Burner (UST ProForce V2 77g - S)
4dx 15.5 hybrid (UST V2 - Stiff)
'99 Apex Plus 3-EW (Stiff)
TM rac 50/6 GW
Arnold Palmer The Standard SW (20-30 years old)'99 Dual Rossie Blade

Not knowing whether I'd get my conforming Callaway irons in time for Open qualifying, I busted out my Channelbacks and Apex Grinds. The Grinds screamed through the wind like nothing else. But, I liked the looks of the Channelbacks better. I ended up getting my clubs in time so back those two sets went back with their friends. I have about 25 other sets of Hogan clubs. Here's a group picture of just a few...

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Not knowing whether I'd get my conforming Callaway irons in time for Open qualifying, I busted out my Channelbacks and Apex Grinds. The Grinds screamed through the wind like nothing else. But, I liked the looks of the Channelbacks better. I ended up getting my clubs in time so back those two sets went back with their friends. I have about 25 other sets of Hogan clubs. Here's a group picture of just a few...

All those stock grips just blew my mind!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah, I've filtered out my "bad" sets and have only sets with original grips and matching serial numbers now. I should take an updated photo of my "Hogan Corner." My oldest is a set of MacGregor Hogans pre-1950.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Here's a link outlining the history of the Apex model:

benhogan.com used to be a really great website with an iron timeline from the company's inception. Callaway totally killed the site though, now it just directs to callawaypreowned. Lame!

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Newest Hogan family picture

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Last year when I started taking golf seriously I inherited some Titleist DCI 990's from my brother in law and found they were a muscleback and hard for a beginner to hit so I did some research on here and Hogan Apex's were highly regarded, so I cruised ebay and found a guy selling a set of 2-PW only half an hour away so I bought them for 65 bucks. Sure as shit my wife had already bought me a new set of Nike Slingshots the day before but was saving them for the wedding gift which was in a week at the time. When she found out I bought the Hogans she was pissed. So now I have a set of Apexs sitting in the garage that I've only hit a couple times, might have to pull them out and start using the 2 and 3 irons as my slingshots only go to 4. I'm not sure of the year but they are forged.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Does anyone know the standard lie angle for hogan irons? I have apex plus irons and I tend to hit them near the toe almost everytime.

ozone bag
putter: dianna
Driver: R9 10.5
5 wood:
3 Hybrid: TPIrons: 695MB 3-PWWedges: spin mill

benhogan.com used to be a really great website with an iron timeline from the company's inception. Callaway totally killed the site though, now it just directs to callawaypreowned. Lame!

Go to

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php and type www.benhogan.com into the search window. You will get access to the complete history of the Ben Hogan website from March 2000 to August 2008.

Go to

Awesome! Thanks for the link. I'll check that out.

Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

These lie angles were from the Hogan web site in 2005 (degrees):

Thanks, I tried forever to find the lie angle but to no avail. I new if I joined this forum my problem would be solved!! And like I thought they are about 1 degree to flat for me. Thanks again......

ozone bag
putter: dianna
Driver: R9 10.5
5 wood:
3 Hybrid: TPIrons: 695MB 3-PWWedges: spin mill

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I've filtered out my "bad" sets and have only sets with original grips and matching serial numbers now. I should take an updated photo of my "Hogan Corner." My oldest is a set of MacGregor Hogans pre-1950.

hi......i have a set of circa 1973 ben hogan apex irons 2 through forty-seven degree and equalizer...and driver, 3 and 4 wood....original grips, matching serial numbers (2-9)......was wondering what they're worth

I bought a set of 1988 Redlines on eBay a few weeks ago. I got them back from the pro shop this morning after they had been fitted for me. Wow. Triple wow. Their balance is superb, and the sweet spot is sweet beyond belief. I think I'm going to like these clubs.

I know it's redundant, but many people say those were apex of the Apex line.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 6 months later...

I've just pulled the Apex 4 shafts from my set of 2002 AEP's (Apex Edge Pro irons), and re-shafted them with some stiff KBS Tours, this combination is pretty sweet, before I completely re-shafted them all with KBS, I did some testing with the help of my local pro, we started with some S and X Dynamic Gold's, some Nippon Steel Pro's, and the KBS Tours, the KBS won me over, and now I'm back to playing my old AEP's again for the 2011 season :-)

let's hope it knocks a few strokes off my scores as well this season !

Bang Driver 10.5 loft Harrison Pro 70, Bang Fairway 13 loft Harrison Pro 2.5 Tour 80
Hogan CFT ti Hybrids, Hogan Apex Edge Pro Irons, Hogan wedges
Bettinardi Putters

I have some Apex Edge Pros w/ apex 4 shafts that get some play a few times a year.

Great irons, penetrating flight and a bit of forgiveness.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

Note: This thread is 3178 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!